Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App says fitbit.com is down for maintenance

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't even login. Cleared my cache, turned wifi and bluetooth off, uninstalled and reinstaled the app, restarted the phone, restarted the fitbit, tried again, and no luck. Please help!!! 😞 Android 5.0.1 on Samsung Galaxy Note Edge...

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

Mine says the same, it has been like it all day. For the past few weeks I have had problems syncing to my phone, was just told by Fitbit to sync to a compatible device and that there isn't a problem. Everyone I know who has a Fitbit is having problems but Fitbit refuse to acknowledge it. I will never buy another Fitbit.

Best Answer
  • Mine says the same, it has been like it all day. For the past few weeks I have had problems syncing to my phone, was just told by Fitbit to sync to a compatible device and that there isn't a problem. Everyone I know who has a Fitbit is having problems but Fitbit refuse to acknowledge it. I will never buy another Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the same issue, mine showing, nothing new here, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, since the latest ionic firware and fitbit app upgrade sync is working great. I haven't had a single problem since. Please make sure you have the latest versions. If it still doesn't work restart your phone and make sure the fitbit sunc service is running.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has been working most of the time for the past few weeks. Fitbit told me it was nothing to do with them it was my phone. The latest update cured the problem...

Sent from my Huawei phone
Best Answer
0 Votes
  • Fit bit under maintenance..can this be resolved? I’ve just bought this for my son for Xmas and not working is really disappointing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Someone else mentioned the VPN issue, so I paused mine and tried to login, but it didn't seem to help. When I went to log back into the app after restarting my VPN, it let me in. IP address banned, maybe? Coincidence? Who knows. I will say that these issues have cropped up enough that I've already picked out my new Garmin replacement, so the next Fitbit issue that comes my way will be resolved with a new purchase.

Best Answer

Even I had faced same issue, after switching from WiFi to mobile data. Fitbit was recognized by app & i was able to successfully sync it.

This show the importance of showing correct reason for error msg to user rather showing some generic msg.

"Network Operation Failed"

Thanks @Sunsetrunner

Best Answer
0 Votes