Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Syncing!?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the last update, my Versa 2 syncs all throughout the day even though I have that "always connected" option off. I have called twice receiving no good answers. I like for my Versa 2 to sync only when I want it to. Plus, it's draining my battery noticeably quicker.

Is Fitbit planning to correct this issue? Or, is it just something that users will be forced to live with?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @BoogieMcD and a warm welcome.  I am not trying to nitpick, I just want to clarify something.  You said, "always connected", but Fitbit uses the term All-Day Sync when referring to syncing.  When I think of Fitbit and Always Connected, I think of Location Services. 

Can you clarify, please?  In the path Profile picture > Versa 2 > All-Day Sync, the toggle is set to off?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

LZeeW,

On my Android device, I only have the option "always connected". I believe the last update took the "all day syncing" option away, which I have never had it set to on anyway.The "always connected" option, as you know, helps with connectivity all throughout the day with notifications, syncing, etc. I have never had that option on in the almost 5 years of using a Fitbit device. Maybe I'm missing something...

I was told that an easy fix is to just turn off my phone's bluetooth! Ha!

Yeah, I guess that would work, but I need my phone's bluetooth for other devices. I just do not understand the change. Maybe some users like to stay connected and syncing all throughout the day? Maybe some users enjoy charging their Fitbit device more often? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BoogieMcD   I am an iPhone user.  By sheer coincidence, another Android user posted a screenshot with a different syncing question.  That page says Always Connected where my iPhone page says All-Day Sync.  So that explains my confusion with respect to Always Connected and the Location Services.  But that doesn't explain why you are syncing throughout the day if you have that set to off.

Before this update, and I assume you are referring to an Android app update, did you have an Always Connected and All-day Sync option?

I am going to move this thread to the Android forum, a better fit for this.  Maybe an Android user can help.

BTW, my husband quits the app after syncing.  He uses his Fitbit different from me and he syncs every 3-4 days.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Yeah, I close out the app but it still syncs all day. I called Fitbit again and the person said that they are aware that they made the app start syncing all day regardless of the settings. The person also mentioned that they see no fix in the future! 

Hopefully this will be resolved, soon!

I was getting 5-6 days out of a charge, but now I'm only getting roughly 3 days. Probably not a big deal to most, but it is to me, especially when it was working great before the change (update). Have a great day! 

Best Answer