Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Birthday Gift Versa 2_ 2 hrs to set up (and counting)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any suggestions? How long should the set up on a versa 2 take on an android? Checked the internet connection and it is just fine. Afraid to reset the phone and it start over completely over and this actually be typical. I saw this same question before posting but it was in 2018 and on the 1st version. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Which phone do you have and is it on the list of compatible devices? click to see

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Yes, I see my phone on the compatible list. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

read the article on trouble setting up and see if it helps

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which phone do you have? 

You say two hours to setup, at what point of the setup process does it fail? 

Did the app find the tracker? 

Where you able to input the 4 Digit code? 

Did the app finish the connection and start the firmware update? 

If it is stuck in the firmware update. 

Kill the app through the phones setting, apps, fitbit, stop app. 

When reopening the app you will be offered to update 

Best Answer

* Which phone do you have? 

S7 edge. Older phone but still on the list.

* You say two hours to setup, at what point of the setup process does it fail? 

The process didn't "fail," it stayed on the screen with the blue dots for a very long time. When would click the button on the versa it would just keep telling me to download the app when I already have the app and have a profile. 

* Did the app find the tracker? 

The app did not indicate if it found the tracker until I restarted both devices again and finally got the "handy dandy" green check mark. 

* Where you able to input the 4 Digit code? 

Yes

* Did the app finish the connection and start the firmware update? 

After connecting I went to the app and saw that I had an update. I began the update and the versa kept the white dot display for about 35 minutes and I finally received the green check again.

* If it is stuck in the firmware update. Kill the app through the phones setting, apps, fitbit, stop app. When reopening the app you will be offered to update.

It looks like it has connected successfully to my phone and wifi etc.... within the last 15 minutes. I almost gave up. The entire process took about 5 hours. 😞 

NOT a good first impression an a new user but I am still excited to try it out. TY!  

Best Answer
0 Votes