Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Issues Android 13 Beta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unbelievable issues with Android 13 beta and yes it's a beta, that's understood. However this is the fourth version of Android 13 beta. The next release is going to be the public version. My sense was already having problems on Android 12 a few weeks ago with sync issues. I've had issues since installing Android 13 and I've had to restart the sense and also restart my phone,. This is on a pixel 6 pro which is Google's current flagship device along with using Google's Fitbit Sense smartwatch. Right now it's a dumb watch.  I've even removed the Sense from the app and then tried to re-add it. I've had success one time re-adding it and then the Bluetooth issues started again, and there doesn't go a day that I don't have to restart my phone or the Sense. And you're going to say there's no support yet because it's Android 13,yeah I know but this again is the fourth version and Google owns both companies. This will be the last Fitbit product I ever purchase, as I am so over it.. I need to post this so you are aware There are plenty of competitors now. I've had many Fitbit devices in the past and they've all had Bluetooth issues regardless of which phone I've used. Please communicate with the Google developers to get this fixed so i can you use this what I thought was a good smartwatch, which is now a small paperweight. 

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Update:

So, When I opened Android settings app and accessed Fitbit app on the play store from the Android settings, an update dated Aug 9th was available. After the update and reboot, my syncing problems have gone away. My Fitbit has worked as expected.

I don't think the play store offered an update when I went directly to it, because I had already checked for updates when this problem started happening. When I accessed the app's play store page from the settings app, and update was offered.

Hope that helps

JDM

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my Versa 3. From what I've found, it has to do with Google Assistant. If you're running Android 13 and select Google Assistant as your voice assistant, your Fitbit will stop communicating with your phone via bluetooth. The workaround is don't select a voice assistant, or select Alexa since it doesn't seem to have that problem. If you're already stuck with the problem, best I can find is the only way to get Google Assistant off your Fitbit is a hard reset. This was a persistent problem throughout the beta trials of Android 13, and I had hoped it would have been resolved with the stable release, but alas it appears to persist. Frankly I'm afraid to try it again until someone says that there's either been a new release of Android 13 or the Fitbit app that's specifically resolved it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't had a syncing problem since updating (V.3.65.1 [08/12/2022]), and I am still using Google Assistant.

Best Answer

Finally got the Sense to sync again using another phone - The Fitbit Sense was overdue an update, so had to sync to another phone, push the update, then remove from other phone.
Then I uninstalled the FitBit app from Pixel 5 (running Android 13), grabbed latest version of the app from the Google Play store, disabled Google Assistant on the Sense, removed (Forgot) all Sense connections in the Bluetooth menu (Controls and Sense), added back the Sense through the FitBit app, enabled Google assistant and bingo it finally worked.
So it requires the latest version of the FitBit app and for the Sense to have the latest updates, Forget all Bluetooth connections to Sense from your phone and start from beginning by adding the watch back through the app. Hope this works for others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well here it is mid December and I just updated to android 13 and now my luxe will no longer syncs. This is a known issues that looks like it's been going on for months and not only with the flip& fold phones. I had forgotten the Google bought Fitbit or I wouldn't have bought my current luxe. They have till the end of January to figure this out or they are going to lose a customer. Am on my third Fitbit and if issues isn't resolved it will be my last!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could not agrre more! Seems like the best bet is to move on from fitbit and buy Garmin or another, fitbit doesn't seem to really care about service ......

Best Answer
0 Votes