Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls show unknown caller

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit is synced but the caller ID just keeps showing unknown. It won't show a number or who is calling. It tracks everything else and my notifications are turned on but again when some calls it just shows a phone and says unknown caller.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14
I have the charge hr by the way.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JessiS24 I recommend uninstalling the Fitbit app and reinstalling. Once you've done that, follow the call notifications setup flow here. Hope that helps.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
I did just that and now everything is working superbly

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Will I lose my data if I reinstall the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow thanks Erick! It works! Had been having the "unknown caller" issue for months until I uninstalled and installed back the App! Works like a charm now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Google Pixel and this fixed my issue as well! Thanks!

Best Answer

Bang! Problem fixed!  Thank you!!!! (I have a Galaxy S6)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome! This worked for me as well! - Android LG G6

Thanks so much...tried a different fix before that didn't work...Glad I found this post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Uninstall the app and restall worked for me on Galaxy s6 edge

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Queen_Rita and @haribajavada, I was reading you were able to solved the issue by following the suggestions shared by my good friend @ErickFitbit!

Thank you for let us know. So I believe the only thing left for me to say, is welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community.

Make sure to visit our Discussion forums for more interesting topics and as always, stay awesome!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes!!! Thank you so much!!! Iy works now!! I have a Samsung S7edge!! 

Best Answer

I followed the steps and callers still show as unknown

Best Answer

Did not work.

Best Answer

If you are experiencing this issue since updating to Android 9.0 (Pie), please follow along in this thread I created here: "Unknown caller" on Versa with Android 9.0. Thanks, everyone! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes