Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit the exercise type on new Fitbit app

On the new app, on Android on a pixel 7.

The Edit Exercise panel allows me to properly edit Date, Start time and Duration, but the keyboard is not showing up when I try to update the Activity.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
422 REPLIES 422

Same software bug for me as well, I can edit other fields but not the activity type as we all could before in the prior application version, I can select the activity text after a few tries but there is no way to get the screen keyboard to appear and input or delete text.

Lol exactly the same issue, I was mowing the lawn ( walk behind mower ) and it thinks I was biking, I used to always be able to fix it. I don't even own a bike :bicycle: lol.

Best Answer

Same with me. No keyboard to edit name of activity since 4.0 update on samsung galaxy 23 ultra

Best Answer

I mow 2 ĺawns per week and the prior version of the app allowed me to change the exercise activity from Mountain Bike (which was the incorrect auto recognized activity) to Mowing Lawn.  Now I can still select the incorrect activity and request to Edit Exercise, but I no longer get the keyboard option to overwrite the Activity field and save the corrected value.  PLEASE FIX THIS!

Best Answer

It doesn't. Mine is Samsung Fold, and the same issue 😞 I appreciate the watch recognises it as walk, except I need to differentiate between human and horse walk!!!

No, it DOES NOT!!!

Best Answer

Same on android 13 since the app update, cannot edit activity type. Annoying. Also why no max heart rate displayed in the activity details? Only average Bpm shown, you have to slide along the HR graph to find the max?! 

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue.  The app always picks Mountain Biking when I use my push mower, and I always have to edit the activity to Mowing Lawn.  After clicking on the icon to enter edit mode, when I click on the Activity field, there is nothing I have been able to do that will allow the keyboard to pop up so that I can make any change whatsoever.  

Fitbit App: Version 4.00...  (can't put the rest of the version info as I get the message it is not permitted.)

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Android Version: 13

Best Answer

I am still having issues with this.  Will be happy when fixed! 

Best Answer

Same issue on Motorola G62  5G. There was certainly a run, but it was the horse running, not me!

Best Answer

I've got the same problem. Fitbit says I was mountain biking, but I was actually mowing my yard. And there is no keyboard pop-up when I try to edit the name.

And I'd just like to add that the Fitbit app is very blah and unattractive now. Is this just a gimmick to make us move to Google, or is it just as ugly?

Best Answer

Same. The changes with the new app are terrible. So frustrating. 

Definitely a bug. I can't change the activity. Am fed up with deleting and adding manually.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for taking the time to share these reports with us. This issue is currently affecting the Android and iOS board, and has been escalated to our team so it can be resolved as soon as possible. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and please know your feedback is truly appreciated.

Once I have more details to share, rest assured I'll update this thread.

Best Answer
And it keeps freezing up and when synching it subtracts steps.
Best Answer

Agree about the subtracting steps on syncing.  And in a weird way (not that subtracting steps isn't weird however it does it). I had the app open while I exercised, saw it click over 10000 steps, closed the app and the widget correctly showed 10K+. Opened it again to add water, manually synced because the water sync simply doesn't happen UNLESS I manually sync, and saw it go from 10K back to 9K. Had to force sync twice more to get both steps and water back to where they should be.

The whole point of Fitbit is that it remembers what I've done: steps, stairs, water, so that I don't have to. If I have to remember and nag it to keep up, what use is it?

Best Answer
Well I was so fed up with the Fitbit app that I traded my Samsung as 22 ultra 5G for the new titanium iPhone, 15 promax and I bought the Apple Watch nine series. Low and behold when I downloaded my Fitbit app to the iPhone and synced my versa three to the iPhone guess what, I now can access every feature on the update from the App Store to the Fitbit app so I believe that the new update is not totally compatible with the android phone. I am so happy that I switched to an iPhone but I won’t be using the Fitbit app or the versa three for long because I will be switching to the Apple Watch when I receive it tomorrow which is much much more advanced. I hope this helps everyone. I don’t know if all of the people that are complaining about the update on the Fitbit app have androids or not but it solved my problem by getting my iPhone.
Frieda, Dos Santos
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Now fitbit decided to unpaired itself from my phone. I can't get into my
account through google and when trying to repair phone say not available
need the app or need Bluetooth connection. I have spent hours shutting down
phone, turning Bluetooth off then on, uninstalling and reinstalling fitbit.

Nothing works and cannot get through to live chat for help. Terrible.

Strange that on my phone I have a link to my dashboard as it would be shown
on my computer. But can't get into my account through google to log in via
phone.
Best Answer

First and foremost: the newest update sucks. I agree with every complaint. There is no improvement, only losses.

My question for the meantime: charge 4 always recognized my lawn mowing as mountain biking, I always edited after. Now it won't let me edit, let alone remove mountain biking and replace with correct lawn mowing....

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

@katjac   I'm flagging your post to get a moderator's attention.  Some other users have posted about the same issue.  I think this is a bug in the Android app.  I use an iPhone and I don't have this issue.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

This is happening to me as well. My treadmill walk last night is recognized as mountain bike and sport. (I'm also not sure why it is split in two as it was all one walk.) This mornings outdoor walk is also categorized as mountain bike. I don't think I'm doing much mountain biking in Kansas. 🤷‍:female_sign:🤷‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

No keyboard comes up to edit

Best Answer

I agree, I have been so frustrated with this bug!! It detected some exercises wrong ( stuff like indoor climbing have to be edited later). It makes the app experience super annoying! And like many others already said, the new app design is not impressive at all, I don't know why Fitbit wants to go ahead with it despite so many complaints! 

----

I agree, I have been so frustrated with this bug!! It detected some exercises wrong ( stuff like indoor climbing have to be edited later).

Also a walk was detected as mountain biking (what's the deal with mountain biking honestly! )

It makes the app experience super annoying! And like many others already said, the new app design is not impressive at all, I don't know why Fitbit wants to go ahead with it despite so many complaints! 

Best Answer