Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit the exercise type on new Fitbit app

On the new app, on Android on a pixel 7.

The Edit Exercise panel allows me to properly edit Date, Start time and Duration, but the keyboard is not showing up when I try to update the Activity.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
423 REPLIES 423

1000000373.png

Additional confirmation

Best Answer

‘It’s being considered’ doesn’t really sound like a sense of prioriy…🥲

Best Answer

Three months now and no bug fix! Dispicable. 😠

So do you have to do this every time you need to change the exercise? The ONLY activity my Fitbit recognizes is walking.

Best Answer

It does not seem like they want to fix this…

Yes. It is really very silly….

Best Answer

Hello everyone. 

Thanks for your posts about editing an activity on the Fitbit app. Please note this has been informed and forwarded already. We shall see how it turns out. However, there is a current alternative to edit an activity over the Fitbit.com website. Log in and tap/click on "Log" at the top of the screen. Tap then on "activities" and you will be shown the list of your activities. Tap on the pencil icon next to the desired training session. There you have the option to edit the exercise type.  

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

And Fitbit has the audacity to list the issue as solved.

Best Answer

… as if we all want to do that for each activity… a key feature of a fitbit should be to properly measure activity as opposed to a user having to go to a website and change each activity!

we are all fed up with waiting ‘to see how it turns out’.

Best Answer

This doesn't work for me. If I use the pencil icon on the website to change the activity, the change doesn't stick. I change the activity, hit update and then it doesn't change. 

Best Answer

Hmm the website have always worked for me.  The only issue with the website is if you already made a selection in the app then you can edit.   So if you accidentally save it as workout in app then you can't edit on website.  If you never categorize it yourself then you can edit and save.   However you can't re edit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is not fixed!!!!!Bah.Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Best Answer
The alternative is inadequate. It’s been 3 months since this bug was reported. Fitbit needs to fix it instead of relying on a workaround provided by a user. Pathetic.
Best Answer

This work around does not work for me. I followed all the above steps, finally reaching the edit point...and nothing. It does NOT PROVIDE A KEYBOARD POP-UP when exercise type is selected to edit. The same problem that exists in the main app. That we've all been complaining about since the big Google update that took away so much, and made the app so blah to look at, and made the Fitbit so much harder to use and find information in. Is anyone at Google Fitbit paying attention to it's users? It's been more than 3 months and nothing has been done to rectify the situation. Please listen!

Samsung V Flip 5, Android Version 14, App Version 4.04.2.1, Versa 2 Firmware Version 35.72.1.23.

Best Answer
I agree, I phoned this in and nothing has been done. The annoying thing is also that this is an auto generated time and duration, which you can change, which makes absolutely no sense, but you can't change what it was. Most of mine come up as Sport when that is not at all what they are. I was also upset that the maps I had of my long distant walks were all lost. This Ap is not user friendly.  Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Best Answer

Yes the long winded workaround only works on IOS.  It only worked in IOS cause they left the old UI part of the app in the new app.  For Android, we have to wait for the fix which is taking a surprisingly long time for the most used feature of a fitness tracker.

Best Answer

Why is there no option to downvote this comment, only upvote.  As you can see, there are no upvotes.  Guess you don't want to know what we really think.  The current alternative to edit an activity that is mentioned does not work.  If you actually read the comments here, you would know that.  This comment tells us nothing and is a complete waste of everyone's time.  

Best Answer

This still isn't working. Has been bugged ever since the UI change and still not fixed

Best Answer

I went ice skating last night and it auto detected that i was on the elliptical. Normally no big deal. Just change the exercise type. Nope!! I am super annoyed thar option has been omitted. I try to look up articles that promise months ago this could be fixed. I have had fitbit for years. Time to switch to Apple Watch. This is rediculous!!  I am a premium member too. . 

Best Answer

Still not working for me either. My Ice Skating session says Walk, and I cannot fix it. It has been months since I first discovered this issue so I was disappointed to find it still hasn't been fixed. On a Samsung Galaxy S22.

Best Answer

This still is not solved and I think Fitbit are now just ignoring it. Still unable to edit exercise type despite it apparently being reported back in September Please can you sort this out Fitbit! 

Best Answer

I have the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and the Versa 3. I selected the wrong exercise through the watch and I have followed the steps to change it but it does not allow you to edit the exercise. There is no keyboard, and while there is an option to select and copy the exercise that is already in the box you cannot paste in the box or delete it's contents. 

Has this been fixed yet?

Best Answer