Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit the exercise type on new Fitbit app

On the new app, on Android on a pixel 7.

The Edit Exercise panel allows me to properly edit Date, Start time and Duration, but the keyboard is not showing up when I try to update the Activity.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
417 REPLIES 417

I seem to read a difference between iPhone and Androide users. I have an iPhone. Since 4.04, I lost the ability to edit directly, but the "three dot" hack works.

Best Answer
Thank you. I did finally find it and it does seem to work. Just a lot to go through to get to it. It shouldn’t be that hard. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Agree. This is a ridiculous way to have to edit what was a very easy and intuitive method. We need the original functionality restored. Any upgrades should always meet or exceed previous capabilities. Fitbit really failed with this updated app. 😞

Best Answer

And unfortunately it is getting even worse: wearing my fitbit it doesn’t even automatically track activity anymore. Every training needs to be manually inputted!!!

Best Answer

There does seem to be a difference between iPhone and Android users, the way the apps are coded.  Apparently, the hack works on iPhone but not Android.  Don't know if this is intentional or not.  Probably not, just a result of sloppy work.  Supposedly Google engineers are working on this, but based on all the comments here, it seems like us users are working on it more than they are.  Sad.

Best Answer

Recently updated the Fitbit app and started wearing my watch again. Have to set to automatic detect exercise with everything set to the pre-set 15mins+. 

I play netball and of course this will auto detect when I start playing (that is working fine) 

Since the update I now can't change the activity type like I used to. I have played this week and one time it thinks i did aerobic exercise and another running (and can accept why it's picked it up incorrectly) but why is it when I go to edit innow can't change it ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ZoeZrp I'm sorry but, at this time, it is not possible to change the name of an exercise session in the Fitbit app. This is a known issue and it will be fixed in a future update. I have not heard when that will happen. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
  1. Select Exercise days
  2. Select 3 dots & select Manage Data
  3. Scroll down & select Exercise (Exercise logs, GPS Tracking)
  4. Select Review Your Data which brings you back to the old school Exercise Log!

Hope works for everyone

Best Answer
That exercise selection doesn't exist in my app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't work as "exercise selection" is not even an option in manage data in the exercise days section. I'm on Android. Screenshot_20231211_074639.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now you choose delete data and then you click exercise.  However in Android you're taken to the same new exercise ui we are all complaining about.   On apple , it takes you to the old exercise ui so you can edit 

Best Answer
Nope. After the 3 dots, manage data isn't even an option. Can only delete
data or manage 3rd party apps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the same problem. I can edit the time and for some logs, calories but I can't actually change the type of exercise. I wear my Fitbit when playing volleyball but the exercise is usually detected as a run or just sport and I edit it afterwards. Now I have to log a new exercise.

IMG_9800.png

Running on iPhone 12 iOS 117.1.2 and the Fitbit app version 4.06, Fitbit Versa 4.

Best Answer

Hi have the same problem on the Pixel 8 and my last phone Pixel 6

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will there be an update for this? It's been THREE MONTHS of me not being able to register a single one of my water sports as the correct type. The ability to edit the activity was the reason I kept returning to FitBit over other sportstrackers. 

This doesn't help. When clicking on the pencil, I only get the option to update the start and end time. Not the activity type.
When clicking on the 3 dots, I only get the option to export or delete

after touching the "edit" pen in the top bar there is no "exercise type" search bar, there's only start and end time.

This is what I get as well, but I found a way to get to the old version within the current app.

Go to today in the app and tap on "Activity / Exercise days" > Tap on the 3 dots > Tap on "Manage Data" > Scroll down > tap on "Exercise (exercise logs, GPS tracking)" > tap on "review your data" >  edit your activity like before!

387494328_249855681251281_6647909607623677994_n.jpg387508001_733844254890229_1419551804323003647_n.jpg387481921_297333682716311_2980748994155489788_n.jpg387473116_729574632426018_4822537879361950856_n (1).jpg385520307_368282999235045_4382950734572743854_n.jpg387499468_1788267924947541_1285028200656580730_n.jpg

Seeing this old version reminded me how much I love the old app. It was way more functional and visually compact  with all the info right there!

Best Answer

Wow this actually works. And you’re right, it’s a reminder of how good the app was before 😞

Best Answer

If you’re on an iPhone, I discovered the work around ( It doesn’t appear to work the same with the Android version of the app). Please refer to my earlier post. Others have also reposted my discovery. 

---------

I see you’re on an iPhone, I discovered the work around ( It doesn’t appear to work the same with the Android version of the app). Please refer to my earlier post. Others have also reposted my discovery. 
(your screenshot shows me you’re in the wrong location. You’re right, it cannot be done from there)

Best Answer

Thank you !!

it’s a joke this bug has not been fixed yet !

Best Answer

Thanks TarlzJS and also prefer the old app ... shockingly hard to understand why this problem persists ... dangerous time of the year to leave issues unattended to and inviting consumers to spend their money elsewhere.

Best Answer

Absolutely. I wasn’t thrilled with my Charge 5 due to not being able to have walk as a regular listed exercise despite being told it would change if I changed it in the app. So I had to be content with the faff of logging my activity as a run and then editing it to a walk after each time. Now I can’t even do that. My charge 5 is pretty useless now for accurately logging my activity and I would not buy it again unless they are able to resolve this AND SOON!

Best Answer