Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit the exercise type on new Fitbit app

On the new app, on Android on a pixel 7.

The Edit Exercise panel allows me to properly edit Date, Start time and Duration, but the keyboard is not showing up when I try to update the Activity.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
425 REPLIES 425

I am using an iPhone XS and I still can’t edit the exercise type. This is ridiculous to change an app that worked fine. Please reinstate the feature as it is really silly to delete the exercise and re enter the exercise details. 

Best Answer

@Yellowrocket Thanks for confirming this is working for you as well. I was able to change manually logged activities as well, as long as they do not have GPS data. 

@YeLin @EmjaydeeSense Thanks for joining the thread about editing exercises on the app.

Please note that this is the Android board. As of now, the situation has been resolved for Android devices. To keep the community organized, I recommend you visit the iOS thread (click here). There you will find updates about the situation for iOS devices. Thanks for your understanding. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems we are all learning as we use the new update.  You may be correct about the GPS being a factor.  When I log a workout, I am not using GPS.  That may be why I can change it.  And my walk that later turned into a ride on the tram was logged as GPS and I was not able to change that.  So, it appears that GPS is the determinate factor.  No changing if GPS, and if not, then you can change.

Best Answer

So if I attempt to log a bike ride, I can't change it to mountain biking after I've finished logging it ? How am I to determine my road rides from my trail rides ? Sounds like I should stay with my pre September app.

Best Answer

Today I took access to GPS away from Fitbit on Pixel Watch 2 and did a treadmill training. Manually started the training. I was not able to update the distance after completion.

Best Answer

@Sriver @therealjcole @Agazoth Thanks for the reply and your own experience with this feature.

I am also learning on the go how this works. I appreciate you taking the time to share in detail. GPS was a factor that I realized was preventing the change. However, it seems that it did not work this way for @Agazoth. Would you mind sharing which type of workout did you manually start from your Fitbit device? Was it "Walk"? I will give it a try and report back. Usually I either use GPS for my walks or let the device track it automatically. Given that I start it manually and I select the appropriate type of training, I do not need to edit it. However, I see why the change regardless of the activity is important; sorting bike rides for example. I will keep on testing other GPS activities and inform if I was able to edit them or not. Thanks for your collaboration regarding this matter. 

Best Answer

I run on the treadmill 3 times a week. I always always 3.5 km and I always start the treadmill activity manually on my pixel watch 2. Today I took the GPS permission away from the Fitbit app before starting the treadmill activity.

Like always, I completed my 3.5 km run, and Fitbit recorded the activity with 17.30 minutes and 0.38 km.

I tried adding the 3.5 km as distance in the edit pane of the activity, but it got reset to 0.38 once I pressed save.

Best Answer

I am having all kinds of trouble with the Exercise logging. I often log Yoga, and it shows up as walking. I accidentally leave my Fitbit on after I finish exercising, and then after I stop it, the app will not let me edit the time. According to Fitbit I did Yoga for almost 5 hours yesterday (it was actually 1 hour). Why has this not been fixed?

I first had the issue on my Pixel 6 Pro; I'm now having the same issue on a Pixel 8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I play table tennis.  Since that is not an activity that I can select, I manually select "workout" when I start playing.  When I finish, I go in and edit the activity to "table tennis".  When editing was not an option because the keyboard did not show up, I manually selected either "tennis" or "workout" and just left it at that because I knew what I did.

Best Answer
0 Votes

1000003818.png

I'm still not able to update distance. As always i try to type in 3.6 in the Distance box, but when pressing save, it just reverts to 0,37

1000003819.png

Best Answer

This is still a bug some 5 months later.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Again today I'm not able to change the distance. When i press save, I see the new distance for a split second on the activity pane before it changes bach to what it was:

1000003832.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I was able to edit the the type of activity and title yesterday on my pixel 8 pro so I'm happy 😎

Best Answer

Unable to change the ludicrously tagged "bike" to the far more accurate "walk"

App version: 4.09.3

Android version: 14

Phone: Pixel 7 Pro

Best Answer

Hello everyone. 

I was not able to rename all GPS activities that I started since my last post. Fitbit is looking into the fact that GPS activties cannot be renamed. As soon as I have more information, I will let you know. Thanks for your patience!

Best Answer

Now I am not able to edit these activities through manage data. This was the workaround before but it is no longer working for me. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue: the app is not fixed and the workaround doesn’t work anymore either…

Best Answer

Yes, unbelievably the work around we had for iOS has been taken away in the last update. Absolutely crazy behaviour by Fitbit - I cannot understand for a minute how they would take the time to get rid of the workaround but not be bothered to fix the original issue…..

Best Answer

@Rexdrell @SigridNLB @KirE Thanks for your reply. I believe the workaround was actually an error on the iOS app. If you had tried that in Android devices, it would only show the new interface. I am guessing there was something still changing to the old interface and now it has been corrected. 

Please note that this is the Android board. To keep the community organized, I recommend you visit the iOS thread (click here). There you will find updates about the situation for iOS devices. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer

This does NOT work!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes