Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit the exercise type on new Fitbit app

On the new app, on Android on a pixel 7.

The Edit Exercise panel allows me to properly edit Date, Start time and Duration, but the keyboard is not showing up when I try to update the Activity.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
417 REPLIES 417

Yes this is STILL broken on Andoird.  I'm on Pixel 8 Pro, Pixel 2 watch and Fitbit version 4.13.  This is ridiculous that this is still an open issue since last year.

Best Answer

@RobertoJ Welcome to the forums. Thanks for sharing your own experience with this situation. Please note that you can now rename activities that your device tracked automatically. GPS Activities on the other hand, cannot be changed at the moment. What kind of training are you performing? Are you starting it manually on your Fitbit device? 

This has been reported and Fitbit is working on a solution. I appreciate your patience. Please make sure to keep your Fitbit app updated to get the latest releases. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Yes, i was starting the activity on the Fitbit watch (Pixel Watch 2) when
doing a hike. However, i was out in the direct sun and ended up
selecting wrong activity type since i coulnt see the display all that
well. Now i can't change it. Reading through the community forum, this
has been a long running bug.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a pencil for editing. I also noticed that I can now edit with a GPS recorded activity on the pixel 2

Best Answer
I get the pencil too but no keyboard pops up when i try to change Activity
Type on any GPS activity.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Thanks for confirming you can now recategorize GPS activities as well. 

@RobertoJ Thanks for the reply. Please make sure that your Fitbit app is up to date. Try the following please. Go to the Fitbit app, log out from your account and then back in. Your device remains connected to your account. When you log back in, everything will be loaded again. Try editing an activity again and see if the keyboard shows up. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
@RodrigoMFitbit logout/log back in and issue is exactly same. No keyboard
comes up when i try to edit activity type. It is the latest version on
Google Play store which is 4.13. that version was released LAAT month.
Nothing released in last few days to fix anything.

Rich_Laue must be on some other app version or perhaps using IOS instead of
Android.
Best Answer

@RobertoJ Thanks for your reply and confirming your app version. Are all of your activities GPS based? I am still not able to recategorize GPS activities. Please note that currently you can only rename activities that your device tracked automatically. Fitbit is working on solving this situation. I appreciate your patience!

Best Answer

I can’t edit the activity type for either tracked or picked up activities. I can change start, end and date which is not useful when the activity is wrong to begin with.

i have got the latest download, i have logged out and logged back in and still no ability.

i was skiing and it went down as a walk!

looking back through the comments, this is an ongoing issue for the last 6-8 months…when is Fitbit going to make the app work properly rather than make it look pretty?

Best Answer

Hi there - what am I missing, I am on iOS and when I go to edit with the pencil I only have the option to change the duration and nothing on exercise type.  The work around via manage my data no longer works.  My app is fully up to date and I have logged out and logged in again 

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem on iOS. I was using the workaround for months and all of a sudden it doesn’t work anymore. 

Best Answer

@mwegd52477 Welcome to the forums. Thanks for the explanation. I would like to know which Android device do you have? The fact that autoamtic recognized activities logged as "walks" has been reported and Fitbti is investigatin the cause. However, that seemed to be affecting iOS devices only. Do you have an iOS device or and Android? Thanks in advance. 

@KirE @LAS1989 Thanks for your posts and explanation. Please note that this is the Android board. All that is posted here refers to the Android operating system. The situation for iOS devices remains and Fitbit is working on a solution. 

To keep the community organized, I recommend you visit the iOS thread (click here). There you will find updates about the situation for iOS devices. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you - it is an iOS that I have got. I will pick this up in that thread 

Best Answer

@mwegd52477 Thanks for the reply and confirmation. Yes, there you will find information and updates about the situation with iOS devices. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this problem. I have tried to edit it in my browser on desktop and it doesn't work. Same problem as everyone else. Very surprised that Fitbit have not fixed it.

I have a Pixel 6 and Charge 5. I have tried updating the app and logging out and in again.

Best Answer

I am having same issue. I can't edit type of activity. It won't save my changes. I am doing fitness challenge for work and I use mapmyrun to track my workout routines it  links to myfitness pal which links to fitbit. Mapmyrun lets you share workout routines with other people so my workout buddy and I can create routines and send each other the routine for the day to track. Anyway in mapmyrun I put in routine as weights and by the time it gets to fitbit, fitbit tracks it as total body gym workout. In order to get credit for the workout with my work fitness program it needs to be recognized category. I can't change it to weights because it just reverts back 😬

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get any sort of resolution to this problem? I am getting fed up with the lack of Fitbit exercise amendments/functionality.

I tried to change a swim length from 1200m to 1300m (as we were doing one-arm drills) and I could amend to 1000m or 2000m!! How ridiculous is that?? 

Best Answer

Went onto the iOS thread and it is even worse than the android position. Fitbit are not interested in responding or acknowledging the issue and from all reports, it is getting worse and worse.

when my Fitbit tracker stops working, I will be getting a different brand and probably a Garmin - Google have no interest in trying to fix the app. The trackers etc are great but the app platform is not just bad, it is getting worse/deteriorating and no sign that they are going to fix it…funny thing is that they are all about the aesthetics rather than functionality. This sport crowd don’t really care about aesthetics which just shows how badly Google/fitbit have misread their market place.

Best Answer