Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit the exercise type on new Fitbit app

On the new app, on Android on a pixel 7.

The Edit Exercise panel allows me to properly edit Date, Start time and Duration, but the keyboard is not showing up when I try to update the Activity.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
417 REPLIES 417

Same problem and when I edit the time or distance etc. I can only enter whole numbers. If I enter a decimal it says to please enter a valid number. 

Best Answer

Two months later and this STILL hasn't been fixed.  I have basically given up using my almost new Versa because of this (and all the other issues with the app update since the summer.  Unless this is resolved, I will never be buying or recommending a fitbut again.

Best Answer

I'm still having this issue... It doesn't sound like the hardest thing to fix?!!

Best Answer

I'm no software engineer, but I wouldn't think so.  If you go to the website, there is a pencil next to the activity name.  Click on it and a box comes up allowing you to rename the activity.  Click update and what you typed disappears and the name reverts back to what it was.  Who designs a process that can't be saved?  You can't even get this far on the app.  The lack of attention to this matter months after it was brought to their attention is disturbing. Google has owned Fitbit for a while now.  I've also experienced problems with my android auto recently.  This is a Google problem.  I used to prefer Google to Apple, but I'm starting to rethink this.

Best Answer

I am also still unable to edit my activities.

Best Answer

This has been raised before, and also marked as 'answered/solved' but the response was just acknowledging the bug.

Please can we have time lines, to when we'd expect this to be fit?

There seems to be so many articles talking about new features being released (step award's, battery notification) but none addressing the simple fact we can't edit the exercises type... A very basic function.

Best Answer
New version installed on my mobile. Android 4.04.01.10

Looked at the what's knew. And notianswer ced some of the comments answered by fitbit LCC advised using this thread ...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/idb-p/features

There is one for modifying exercise type. Moderator asked for fuller detail. Thought it was a poor answer by the submitter. Maybe we should be adding here instead? 🤔
----------
Sent from Android Samsungby
Best Answer
0 Votes

Apple user here too, with same issue. I haven’t liked the new major update for a while but now it’s almost unusable as far as the actual important information being useful (accuracy is necessary! If I can’t edit, it’s not going to be accurate!!). 

Best Answer

Is this going to be fixed soon? I was getting ready to by a new Fitbit but not if you can't edit the exercise. Why are we loosing functions with the new app? 

Best Answer

A really awkward work around is to sign into the fitbit website. Then you can edit your exercises through the web dashboard on this link: https://www.fitbit.com/activities.

it's awkward and I want the usability back with the app, but it does work for now

Best Answer

Yes, that's one work around.  Note once you set the exercise,  you can't change again.   The old windows store fitbit app allowed you to edit exercise to your heart's content but it longer work after fitbit migrated to Google. 

Best Answer

If I name my exercise "workout" there is a pencil that allows me to edit.  As soon as I click update, my edit disappears, and it shows workout again.  If I name the exercise anything else, I don't get the option to edit.  How did you get this to work?

Best Answer

When will this be solved? It is so annoying this feature has changed. My activities are completely miscategorised, every time…

Best Answer

So this was escalated at the end of Sept. 9/25. We were advised to watch here for updates. Its 2 months later. The bug is still there. I now have a FREE phone app that is more accurate than my Fitbit. My Fitbit has become an expensive period tracker (because it lets me edit that). This was my first time buying a fit bit product, if i liked it I was going to upgrade. Needless to say, the follow up is terrible and with that level of customer service, I won't be buying an upgraded watch and subscription. Infact, seeing the Fitbit ala google lets something that is known about remain broken so long, I am actively discouraging others from putting their money into a broken tracker.

Best Answer

What app are you using?

Best Answer
The fitibit app version 4.04

Verzonden vanuit Outlook voor iOS<>
Best Answer

I’m experiencing the same.  iPhone.  Walks are recorded as elliptical and no option to change.  I swear Fitbit just keeps getting worse.   I’m seriously considering getting a garmin as the last 12 months have been nothing but problems.  Had to purchase new Renpho scales as the Aria 2 are also useless 😡

Best Answer

It’s been a month. Any update on a fix date?

Best Answer

I was able to edit my activities using this link that someone shared. It will let you edit and save the exercise type. Thank you to whoever posted this. https://www.fitbit.com/activities

Best Answer

How were you able to save your changes?  As soon as I click update, it does not show my changes.

Best Answer