Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in to the app on Android - "No network connection"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Pixel 2 XL, Android 8, Fitbit 2.65.1

For some reason today I got logged out of the app and now can't log back in. The time/date of the phone are fine, my credentials work fine to log in on the web.

Any known issues here?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @alifitz, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I was reading your post and it seem you are experiencing an issue that was presented in the version 2.62. However this was already resolved and at the moment is not longer a bug.

In this case I would like to recommend the following workaround:

Turn your Wifi Off and try to log in using your mobile data. If you are able to log in, go ahead and turn your Wifi On again.

If this is not working, access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @alifitz, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I was reading your post and it seem you are experiencing an issue that was presented in the version 2.62. However this was already resolved and at the moment is not longer a bug.

In this case I would like to recommend the following workaround:

Turn your Wifi Off and try to log in using your mobile data. If you are able to log in, go ahead and turn your Wifi On again.

If this is not working, access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, that worked. Thank you~
Best Answer

I have the same problem with my Fitbit android app, but your fix doesn't work for me. 

I have had this problem repeatedly since November and I wish they would sort it out.

I have S7 Fitbit 1.65.1

I have repeatedly uninstalled, ran, cleared cache and data, forced stop, rebooted, tried again. All on 4g no WiFi. I also get the network unavailable message when I try Forgot password (which I haven't) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Solved: It is down to my cellular provider. I tried with a different sim card, and it worked fine. Now I recall the problem started in December when I started using a different provider for data in my dual sim phone. 

Weird, but PNG Telikom, a government teleco, must have a dns issue with the fitbit site

Best Answer

Hello there @alifitz and @BobPNG, thank you for reporting your issue were resolved. I feel bad for the late response and my apologies for my absence. 

Thank you @BobPNG for providing me details that the issue was due to your cellular provider.

Glad to see both of you are back on track.

Stay awesome fellows and keep visiting the Fitbit Community!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same phone for a year or so and no issues until tonight. I tried all the work arounds mentioned to no avail. My phone is a pixel 2. I reinstalled the app. Very frustrating b/c Fitbit is a big part of my routine and even a few days away from it is a huge inconvenience. I can use my galaxy tab A for a bit, but don't carry it with me all the time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue on a note 5 I tried everything and nothing I  read a post about disabling VPN settings I did that I went to setting on my phone searched for VPN and it came up I disabled it and immediately it started working hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem on my tablet which do not have mobile data. Does it necessarily take mobile data to sync fitbit device with a tablet ?

It can't sync with my laptop either, says I need a dongle !?!

Very frustrating...

Best Answer
0 Votes