Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't setup Fitbit Flex

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to set up my Flex. I have downloaded app and get thru the step where I tap my fitbit. so it connects  and lights work but when I go back into the app after i tap it, the app prompts me to finish setting up the fitbit, and coincidentally has not been tracking my steps. what am I missing?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@J_Russell Welcome! It's great to see you around! Sorry to hear about your issues setting up your Flex tracker. Which phone are you using? Is it compatibleYou can try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. After this retry the setup.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@J_Russell Welcome! It's great to see you around! Sorry to hear about your issues setting up your Flex tracker. Which phone are you using? Is it compatibleYou can try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. After this retry the setup.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

@AlvaroFitbit i have a Samsung galaxy 6 which the site says is compatible. the phone has all current updates. I have tried everything you suggested above. i have uninstalled/ reinstalled the fitbit app, I have reset my pebble several times in conjunction with restarting my phone. all app permissions and location are set as should be. my phone is also paired with Bluetooth earbuds which work, so I don't know why Bluetooth won't pair with flex. my phone sees my Flex in the bluetooth menu but will not pair it. this is very frustrating. 

Best Answer

@AlvaroFitbit do you have any other suggestions on how to get this thing to pair with my galaxy 6? it sees the flex and shows up in my phones Bluetooth menu but will not pair.

Best Answer

@AlvaroFitbit I do not have a solution to this yet. there are boxes with checks in them on your posts that appear to signify a solution has been found, yet this is not true. this has been going on for a week now. So far I am unimpressed with the product as well as the company's customer service. 

Best Answer

@J_Russell thank you for the update. Please try the suggestions in our Help Article as they are more detailed so hopefully they will help you setup your Flex tracker.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes