Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't turn a notification off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the Blaze and an Android phone, and just got the new notification update last week. I turned on notifications for a bunch of apps, including Google Hangouts. However, the way Hangouts handles notifications is really, really annoying and means that my wrist is vibrating way more often than I want it to.

So, I went into the Fitbit settings and disabled Hangouts by unchecking the box. It worked for a bit, but then some time later, I got a notification from Hangouts on my Blaze. I went into the Fitbit app settings and saw that the Hangouts box had been re-checked. I thought maybe it hadn't saved, so I unchecked it again, and closed the app (cleared it from my recent apps), then went back in and made sure it was still unchecked. It was.

... Then, some time later, I got another notification from Hangouts on my Blaze. Lo and behold, the Hangouts checkbox had become enabled once more. It seems like it always happens when I reboot my Android.

Is this a bug in the app? How can I get this app's box unchecked permanently?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@SunsetRunner Welcome to our Community! Try cleaning your apps cache by going to settings > apps > Fitbit > clear cache. After this you may need to re-enable the call notifications so please do so but make sure you select a different default app when configuring it.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for the late reply -- It turns out an earlier update to the Android Fitbit app fixed this. Everything is good now. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Don't worry and thank you for clarifying that the issue was resolved after an update of the Fitbit app. I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where other members share great tips and challenge each other to stay active.

Hope to see you around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes