Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 GPS distance inaccuracy after 2.66 - RESOLVED w/ 2.67.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 3/12/18

Hey, there!

I wanted to check-in with everyone as it seems that GPS distance and accuracy has improved with version 2.67. Thanks for letting me know that its better!

Today, we released the Fitbit for Android app version 2.67.1. Please update the app and let me know how it goes with this version. As always, we recommend updating whenever there is a new app version released as this ensures your tracker works as expected.  

If this continues even on the latest version, I'll need to gather some more specific data from some of you to pass this along to our engineers. Thanks for all your help and cooperation! 

Fitbit Update: 2/21/18

Thanks for all the responses! Smiley Happy

As mentioned, this issue with Connected GPS has been escalated to the appropriate team for investigation. I would really appreciate everyone's patience in the meantime. When a fix is in the works, I'll make sure to update you all here. Stay tuned for any updates! 

Fitbit Update: 2/16/18

Thanks for all the great information, everyone! I have merged in some additional threads to get one unified conversation. 

I really appreciate you all taking the time to share the details of your current experience with Android app: 2.66. I understand how important accuracy is to all of you. This has been escalated to our team for review! I will provide updates here in this thread when more information becomes available. Thanks for your help. 

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for reporting and bringing this to my attention. Sorry to hear that you are all getting inaccurate distance measurements after recording GPS Runs with your Charge 2. 

Please help me narrow down and confirm the following:

-Did this issue begin with the last Fitbit for Android app version: 2.66?

-Is this distance discrepancy also happening with Mobilerun or only when using Connected GPS

-Which error message are you seeing on the tracker, if any? 

If you haven't already, please try a restart and take a look through this help article for more troubleshooting suggestions. Let me know if this changes anything or the same issue persist! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
283 REPLIES 283

Yes... it said my cardio rating went down too?!  I noticed.on a few runs ago..  that something wasn't right.. 

How can this be fixed fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update.  I haven't bothered trying to use my Fitbit/Connected GPS to track runs since last week, but I'm finding that even tracking with the app seems inaccurate now.  A route that was consistently 3.7 miles before the 2.66 update has been treated as 3.4 and, just now, 3.26 miles.  I know what I did, but I want this thing to record it properly.  It's just so frustrating.  They need to get this fixed.  Right now, there is no point to even having this thing.

Charge 2 / Samsung Galaxy S7

Justin

Best Answer

This is a known issue.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I read this thread and I tried all the suggestions but none of them worked out in my case. The problem insisys. Shall I wait for an upgrade?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, everyone! I have merged a few more posts into this thread. To follow-up, I did have another question for you all.

When you complete your Connected GPS exercise, is the distance reflected correctly on the tracker itself? In other words, when the run/walk is complete, is the distance correct on Charge 2, but changes once you've synced and see the exercise in the app?

Let me know, please! Look forward to your responses. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue here--posting so i can follow the thread

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, the distance is wrong both on the charge 2 and in the app.  If I run with ConnectedGPS, it underreports my distance and pace throughout the run, and also once I stop the run on the charge 2, and in the app as well in the exercise record.

Justin

@AlessFitbitwrote:

Hi, everyone! I have merged a few more posts into this thread. To follow-up, I did have another question for you all.

When you complete your Connected GPS exercise, is the distance reflected correctly on the tracker itself? In other words, when the run/walk is complete, is the distance correct on Charge 2, but changes once you've synced and see the exercise in the app?

Let me know, please! Look forward to your responses. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The distance is incorrect both on the tracker and the app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My tracker and device are both recording a 1.5 mile route as .8 miles in the last 10 days or so.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all the suggestions on restarting the tracker, restarting my phone, turning off wireless, etc. I still got the same results in tonight's run. The distance reported by the tracker is about 20% lower than my Garmin. 

If the android fitbit app update 2.66 is what is causing the problem, than it needs backed out or fixed ASAP. Right now my charge 2 can't be trusted. It's just a basic watch at this point. 

Best Answer

Incorrect on both. 

Fitbit- from a client point of view you now need to withdraw this update urgently. Reinstate the previous software version then rerelease the latest version once you have identified the issue. You have lots of feedback to work on the technical problems.

Keep your clients / customers happy.

Best Answer

That s the great advice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is true.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Karkrax. I think I have exactly the same issue. I run with a running club, and since an app update a couple of weeks back my distance is about 2 miles less than everyone elses on only a 5m run! And 'jaggies' appear on my route. I have an S7, starting my run from my charge 2 with connected gps, even my splits are incorrect (ie they total the incorrect summary miles).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Heydy

Although I only started running at the beginning of the year, I think this issue has only just started in the past couple of weeks after an app update. Im on android and using connected gps. I havnt tried mobilerun yet but will on my next run, but that's not a fix... 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

So... I went for a run today. I pressed the 'run' button on my charge 2 and waited until I saw the 'gps connected' symbol. I came back home, happy to look at my results. Runkeeper says I was away for about 30 minutes and I covered a distance of 3 km's. Charge 2 says... 0 km's, 0 minutes. This makes absolutely no sense, as I saw all the meters running while I was active. 
In addition to this, now I'm having huge sync problems. For the last two weeks only the GPS was faulty ans now I can't sync at all???

edit - now the sync finally did happen and I am completely at a loss...  The run seems to have been logged, but with no map. Distance is 0, time is 00:09 and I burned 5 calories. And my heart rate is one straight line (after a somewhat higher point in the beginning). Then I go to the desktop software and there IS a map?! The map shows my run correctly, with no jagged lines as before, but with the same readings of no distance etc. Whut??
It also says 'no steps' added to total and no active minutes. But The step count is up by 5000, since I left the house. And so are my active minutes. 

This is so disappointing! I didn't pay a lot of money to have a device this unreliable! I get the feeling this is all a software issue, since it used to work just fine. How difficult can it be to roll back to the last working version??

Best Answer

The difficulty with rolling back now is the fact that the previous updates were a nightmare for most of us as well.

The massive synching problems that have affected almost every fibbit user from the start of the year seem to all be update related.

Fibbit seem to be running the most successful Garmin ad campaign ever.

Looks like the FAFU club is still going strong.

Best Answer

@AlessFitbitwrote:

Hi, everyone! 

For the past 5 days I have initiated my walk exclusively on my phone via the FitBbit app v2.66. Distance displayed at the end is correct until I press "Finish". Then it's hit or miss on whether the activity presents correctly in my exercise section. Generally without a map. Yesterday I paused tracking for 1 minute through the app and then "resumed" my tracking. The portion after the pause recorded as "Aerobic" activity, the first portion as a "Walk" with no map. Steps reflected in my daily total but not the second part of my walk. 

Kathy | USA
Versa SE, Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy S10+
Best Answer

@AlessFitbit

The distance is incorrect in both the app and on my Charge 2. 

It should be noted that it also affects the reported pace.  Says I am running slower than I really am.  I am a fairly consistent 9:30 min/mi runner. During the run it reports between 11:00 and 13:30 which causes me to try to run faster.  This gasses me out sooner sometimes and may lead to unnecessary injury.

Best Answer

Hi! I have this same problem and wanted to see if there has been any update! I am running a half-marathon next weekend and would love to be able to see my splits on my phone 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes