Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Interval Timer move/rest backwards?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Galaxy S9+
Android 8.0
Fitbit Charge 3 SE

So I was using the interval timer in the app, and I wanted a 30 sec move and then 10 sec rest, which I set in the app. However, there seems to be a bug that is causing the two numbers to be switched around when it gets sent to the device. I had to set the "rest to 30" and the "move to 10" to get a 30 sec move and 10 sec rest period.

Not sure if this is a known issue, figured I'd let you know. I searched a little bit and didn't see anything.

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

Just bought a Brand New Charge 4 and the same issue persists. I was told by one of the Fitbit Agents to replace the watch and if the issue still persisted then I'd just have to wait for an Engineer to find a fix... Unfortunately not very helpful at all!! 

Best Answer

Fitbit why are you not responding or providing any updates as to when this will be fixed?? 

Best Answer

Before I get started, I will ask a question. If you don't want to read the whole story, I would really appreciate if you could answer this question:

Is/was your Charge 3 the Special Edition of it in case you are/were suffering from this bug?

I suspect that the bug is limited specifically to Charge 3 SE. And, based on the recent comments, now Fitbit has copied the faulty code to Charge 4.

Ok, then the long version of the story.

While I wrote to this Forum, I also contacted the Customer Support, linking my text from here to them. It took about a week that they actually started to take me seriously. Before that it was time after time in different formats "have you tried to turn it off and on again".

It was almost like they didn't believe me or tried to get me to just give up. Finally, I turned into "Karen" and demanded to talk to somebody who actually knows something. This was when I had already tested my watch with two additional phones and in the end I went as far as asking three of my friends to run the same test.

Test results:

Charge 3 SE + Huawei Mate 20 Pro: issues (my watch)
Charge 3 SE + Blackview BV5000: issues (my watch)
Charge 3 SE + iPhone 7+: issues (my watch)
Charge 3 SE + Samsung S10+: issues (Guinea Pig 1)
Charge 3 (not SE) + One Plus 6: no issues (Guinea Pig 2)
Ionic + iPhone 7+: no issues (Guinea Pig 3)

The iPhone 7+ was the same phone for my test and test of the Guinea Pig 3. When I compared the Guinea Pig 3's Ionic and my Charge 3 SE in the app I noticed that while setting up the interval times, with Ionic the move time comes first followed by the rest time. With Charge 3 SE it is the other way around - rest first followed by move. This led me to believe that the something that is wrong is related to this.

This all has been documented and sent to the Fitbit's Customer Support. After a tiring beginning, they finally admitted that they might have a bug. It has now been about 2.5 months since they acknowledged the bug.

So, if Fitbit gives you the impression that they are still not aware of the bug, it is a lie.

Best Answer

The post seems to weirdly splitted to two different places. Not sure if the people in this thread sees my reply explaining my interaction with Fitbit's Customer Support regarding this matter so here is the link to that:

https://community.fitbit.com/xmnuz23762/board/message?board.id=android&message.id=133352#M133352

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a standard charge 3, not the SE model.

FC
Best Answer

Interesting, because the Guinea Pig 2 had the normal Charge 3 and it worked. 🤔 Now I am a bit confused. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a standard Charge 3 too.

Best Answer

Yes they moved our messages into another thread and still failed to respond. I have the normal charge 3 as well.

Best Answer

I have Samsung s7 and charge 4....does not work and shows up backwards. What's annoying is no update from Fitbit with timeframes on fixing the issue or even if they are going to fix it.

Best Answer

@Jaydee46 I think the splitting is partly my bad. When I did my original post, they moved it under totally unrelated iOS issue that was, according to Fitbit, solved. So I made another one. They moved the second one here which is at least related though the problem is not only android app but also iOS. And apparently now it is not only Charge 3 anymore but also Charge 4. And in the end they moved the original post separately again. And that is how we have two threads. 

The original post (same info from me) where people are also reporting this problem:

https://community.fitbit.com/xmnuz23762/board/message?board.id=android&message.id=128727#M128727

And yeah, after the test run of the Guinea Pig 2 (normal Charge 3), I thought I had it figured out, that it would be the SE. I was really surprised it actually worked with his device. But now it seems that was not the correct hypothesis.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aj_Singh I suspect they don't even read this forum. Even the Customer Support seemed to ignore all the info in the links I repeatedly gave them when I was going through the "have you tried to turn it off and on again" circus. 

Best Answer

Yeah tried all those tricks and still it's showing the results backwards. I've tried tweeting to the CEO on Twitter but I'm not sure if I did it correctly or they've just ignored me again.

Best Answer
I have the standard charge 3 not the special edition
Best Answer

Thanks for the test and the info

Best Answer

I have this exact same problem on my charge 4. I do HIIT sprints every week and I purchased my Fitbit because I wanted to record my intervals. It RECORDS correctly, but the app displays the data in reverse. 

Moderator Edit: Content

Best Answer

@PBJ82 if you click the link in my message above, it explains how my communication with Fitbit was. Basically it was the same. They put me through hell, the same "have you tried to turn it off and on again" circus. It probably took me hours to complete all the steps of "turning it off and on again" they threw on my way.

They should be well aware of the bug. So either they are trying to get you to just give up or they have serious internal communication issues. This bug should already be a known issue. 

Best Answer

FITBIT, please get this fixed once and for all!! Happening on the charge 4 too..

Best Answer

Hello! It's a pleasure for me to provide assistance with this situation. I'm sorry for the delay in responding this thread.

First, I'd like to appreciate all the information and details that were shared in your posts, I understand how frustrating this matter can be for all of you. To gather more information and further investigate, can you please let me know if the issue persists if when you delete the current interval that's configured on your account and then set it up again to check if such information is reflected on the exercise? Also, please try the following steps to troubleshoot the Fitbit app:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Android version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Looking forward to your replies. If the issue persists, please let me know which mobile devices are you using so we can move forward.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear @RicardoFitbit,

If you read the thread, you have all the answers. No "turning off and on again" helps. And this occurs in many different mobile devices (even both android and iOS), not just one, as reported in this thread. Please see posts by other users and also this post by me: https://community.fitbit.com/xmnuz23762/board/message?board.id=android&message.id=133352#M133352

Plus, with all respect, this should be already known issue. 

Best Answer

None of the 7 suggestions work. I have a regular (not SE) charge 3. I am using iOS. I have tried adjusting from the dashboard and have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have even gone so far as to unlinking my device from my account. None of this works. 

Best Answer