Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Motorola Moto Z droid

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just changed phones and got a Moto Z Droid. I spend hrs today (away from home) trying to figure out how to make a change on my phone. When I got home I had to make the change on my computer. Then looked up to find out that Moto Z is NOT compatible with my fitbit. Not Happy.

Best Answer
171 REPLIES 171

I've actually ordered the Amazfit Bip smart watch. I'm not buying any Fitbits again since they aren't willing to write a silly software program that will enable the watch to work consistently with an Android phone.  It's really too bad since I actually like the watch . But I guess if they make enough money writing for other platforms they won't miss the money they could gain from the Android market. I'll let you all know how it works. 🙃

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm torn...

I really prefer the FitBits for their simplicity and given the $$ I've put into them over the years this compatibility fiasco is really quite disappointing. I've worn out or lost (broken sleeve) or ruined (water damage) 5 FitBit Ones and a Charge2. 

I can get a credit from my employer that will get me a free Charge 3 or I can use that credit to subsidize the cost of a Garmin so my choice is put up with sync issues with my Z2 Play or spend some $ and give up on new FitBits. I still have a working Flex2 so I'll still be in the FitBit ecosystem  either way until the Flex2 dies.

I don't want to hear about other sync options...I get it but that's not the point. I want a fix and not a work around. And yes, I tried clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, reset the Flex2, turned off BT on my other device so there was only one actively trying to sync to it (Z2) and none of that made any difference. I guess that if you don't own a Samsung or an iPhone then FitBit simply does not care...not exactly a great attitude for a company that is struggling financially.

Best Answer

That's exactly why I'm trying the Amazafit Bip.  It's cheap so I won't be wasting a lot of money, but I would rather stay with Fitbit where I have invested a lot of money. But going to my Bluetooth and selecting my versa, forgetting it, turning off Bluetooth and then turning on and pairing my versa again is ridiculous. It makes it work and sync at that moment but it doesn't continue much longer after that moment so no text, no reminders etc. This has gone on for much to long, this product is inferior to others .Plus I've now noticed it uses my phone battery but lord knows what it's doing with it. It's starting to flash the Fitbit icon in the upper left corner at times, and it's not syncing, just flashing merrily away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started using the Amazafit Bip .Right out of the box it's connected to my Bluetooth. It holds the connection, receives text and phone calls. It's an$80.00 product. Why can this product do all of these things and my expensive versa not?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

I apologize for the delay in my response. 

As it has been mentioned before, it is possible that some of the phones being used are not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone. Be sure to check the list to see if your phone shows up.

As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it. Some users of unsupported devices have mentioned that following these steps helps with the syncing.

If none of the above works, you could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account. Click here to get instructions on how to sync with other devices.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update...... Which tells us exactly NOTHING. I have been waiting for nearly two years for a fix to this problem and it is in the same state of disrepair. It really doesn't seem like this should be a big deal, but apparently Fitbit is not interested in Motorola users as customers. Or maybe they are in such financial straights that they can't afford to put one or two people on a problem that plagues a portion of their customer base. Whatever the issue, Fitbit, by their (in)action proves that they are not interested in retaining a part of their clientele. Time to move on and find another answer.

Best Answer

check out the Amazfit.  I've been using it for the last few months . Hooks up to my phone perfectly and stays hooked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In short, nothing has changed.

How about Instead of referring Fitbit users to the unsupported devices list you instead focus on improving compatibility and reducing the number of devices on the list in the first place.

Best Answer

Don't know what else to say except my Charge 2 now works with my Z Force Droid.  I did a device restart, reconnected the blue tooth, now I get notifications for phone calls and text.   I got nothing for the first 6 months after I had the Charge 2.  Sorry it still doesn't work for you.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge two always worked with my Droid .The versa doesn't consistently work with an Android phone like it should . It's been like that at least for two years that I know of .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had mine for a few months and it does not work on my Android phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Iconic

Best Answer
0 Votes