Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

I just got a Note 9 and i have not been able to sync my fitbit tracker with my phone.

Have tried restarting my phone, reinstalling the Fitbit app... all didn't work.

Help!!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
167 REPLIES 167

Hi KalaG,

Did you get the Note 9 and Charge 3 to work? I just got a Charge 3 myself and was planning to update my phone to a Note 9 at the weekend, but wouldn't mind some confirmation it works ok with the new Charge?

Thanks,

Carl

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have not received my charge 3 yet, I wont get it till next Wednesday.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KalaG, and @Jonyboyn818. Welcome to the Forums @CarlosSomeNo.

Be sure to support this suggestion to add the Note 9 to the list of supported devices. Also, you can read the FAQ if there are any questions in regards to how that board works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah, ok Thanks KalaG. I should be getting a Note 9 at the weekend. I'll post ujpdates about how I get on. Reports seem a bit random at the moment.

Best Answer
Ok, yes please let me know, I'm excited and scared at the same time lol.
Best Answer

Hey @KalaG and @CarlosSomeNo.

@CarlosSomeNo Please do post updates about it, it would be very helpful for everyone! 

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of topics to talk about in there.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KalaG and @LanuzaFitbit,

Just a quick update regarding the Charge 3 and Samsung Note 9 phone. Picked up the phone yesterday and the good news is everything seems to be working well. I haven't had too much time to test all the features with the Charge 3, but I updated the phone with the latest updates, installed the fitbit app, paired and updated the fitbit device and everything seems to be good. Charge 3 update took about 20 mins. No issues at all with it. I'm getting readings (HR, Steps etc.) and notifications (only tested calls / texts so far) I'll post more details when I get a bit of time to play around with it 🙂

Best Answer

Yay, thank you so much for the feedback,  I'm so excited can't hardly wait to get it.

Best Answer

I can add it's picking up email notifications as well. It vibrated when i recieved an email telling me you replied to my last post....

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok, that's great, I'm so excited about my new Fitbit , I have anxiety like
a kid right now 😂.
Best Answer
0 Votes

wanting to buy charge three  have note 9  to many problems  they need to work on this asp

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KalaG and @CarlosSomeNo.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and experience with the Note 9. I'm glad to read that it is working properly for you. 

@KalaG Be sure to keep us posted on how it goes for you.

Let us know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is not working. Will not buy charge 3 until it's fully compatible
Best Answer

I received my charge 3 yesterday and it works just fine, I was truly ecstatic. I get all my notifications,  email,  texts and calls. Maybe some people are not installing it and updating it properly, I did nothing but follow the instructions and went to notification settings and set everything up and did a test call with no problem. 

Best Answer

I'm done with FitBit . Bought a new note 9 and wont sync also moderator said it's not on approved list and wont be until more votes generated well guess what Fitbit go ahead and minus one vote because I'm not going to beg for your business and vote or beg for service that should be rendered automatically a matter of fact I bought a charge 3 and had a hard time selling it  had to practically give it away  

because nobody wanted it.  Fitbit wont be around much longer you folks are dropping the ball bigtime . 

Best Answer
Did you do everything right, my works perfectly?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Soooo Agree witchu. I'm about Over Fitbit as well. If they Can't have the Note 9 be Compatible then they Obviously Don't Want to Keep the Business and Customers Happy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed !
Best Answer
My note 9 and charge 3 are working great, did you go to settings and set up
notifications and allow Fitbit access to your network and contacts then do
the test call. All of that you do in the Fitbit app even the test call you
do from your Fitbit app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

I've had the charge 3 and Note 9 for a week now and have eventually got the time to post an update about it. In my experience it works perfectly and I've had no issues. Here's the detaiils (I work in I.T. so it's as detail-heavy as i can make it, in case anything here helps anyone) but basically followed the instructions and didn't do anything special.

I got a new note 9 and a new charge 3 (my first fitbit) so neither device had been paired / linked with anything previous.

1) Updated the Note 9 software. I don't think there was an android system update so this version should be the version on any new Note 9, details are from Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information.

Android Version - 8.1

Kernel version - 4.9.59-14091311 (Dated Mon Aug 27 21:09:39 KST 2018)

Android security patch level - 1 September 2018

2) Installed the Fitbit App. Version 2.80.1(20213324) (from Account icon -> Help )

3) Followed the instructions to pair the Charge 3 with the app. Fitbit had been fully charged and was still on the charger. App found the fitbit and paired. Updated the firmware version (following the prompts from the app setup). Fitbit Firmware version is now 28.20001.31.93.

4) Have the following settings on the app ->

Allowed any permission requests that pop up from android

All-Day Sync - On

Notifications - Calls, Text messages (Messages),

Calendar (Calendar), Emails (Gmail), App Notifications - Skype, WhatsApp (and a few social media apps - Facebook, Insta, Twitter, YouTube etc)

Always Vibrate - On

I haven't tried any other settings, as these all seemed to work first time. Since I set it up

1) I get all notifications (calls / texts / emails / skype and whats app messages) including the test call option (which i never tested until reading on the boards that people were having problems with it..) Including goal notifications from the app (step target reached etc.)

2) It updates and syncs fine every time i've opened the fitbit app, getting heart rate etc.

3) It's registered everything it's meant to - Exercise, steps, sleep tiimes, activity.

I haven't tried any other fitbits, since the Charge 3 is my first. As for phone Compatibility, the Samsung S9 is listed as compatible, and the Note 9 is just a S9 with a bigger screen, battery and a stylus. Technically, the S9 and Note are exactly the same (in terms of hardware the Fitbit uses and software the phone runs) so the fact it's fully compatible really isn't a surprise.

So after a week it's been working well and I do think it's pretty cool. I mostly train at the gym so have to manually log what exercise i do there (no surprise) but it does detect outside bike rides / walks / runs etc. Battery life seems excellent (haven't needed to charge it all week and even with the all-day sync option on and my pretty heavy phone usage, the Note 9 battery rarely gets below 50% by the end of the day. All-in-all, very impressive bit of kit that does work well with the Note 9.

I hope this helps anyone who is having issues (software versions, options, whatever)

@KalaG- I'm glad yours seems to be working just as well as mine

Best Answer
0 Votes