Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

I just got a Note 9 and i have not been able to sync my fitbit tracker with my phone.

Have tried restarting my phone, reinstalling the Fitbit app... all didn't work.

Help!!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
167 REPLIES 167

I just upgraded my cell phone to a samgsung galaxy note 9 and I am not recieving text messages on my tracker anymore

Best Answer

I just bought the new Samsung Note 9, my Fitbit Blaze no longer shows the Bluetooth Classic as an option when connecting to my new phone. It will still connect to BLAZE. When will Bluetooth Classic be available for the new Samsung Galaxy Note9 device? Please update software ASAP. At first I wasn't able to get notifications on my Blaze at all but sometimes I'll receive them but not everyone but one of the main reasons I'm disappointed is that I no longer can utilize the Music Controls features on my Blaze.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Iggylona@Beccaahh01 and @JenRus.

Congratulations on the new phone! Hopefully it is as cool as it sounds.

This might be happening because the Note 9 is not currently a part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been optimized to work with that phone.

There is a possibility that it might sync if it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, but we cannot guarantee that it will. Some users of phones that aren't on the list have mentioned that following the steps in this article has helped them, so it might be worth a try.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

My request is to add Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to supported Devices ASAP so all the features of Fitbit can be utilized as intended, plain and simple. 

Best Answer

I'd also like this device added to the supported devices. I was able to get my tracker to sync but I cannot get any notifications on it from my phone. Please add it to the supported devices list ASAP.

Best Answer

I agree, please add the Note 9 to the supported devices. I need my Fitbit Flex 2 to work!!!!

Best Answer

I got my Note 9 on Saturday, and it syncs, and I get all notifications on my Ionic. Oreo 8.1

Best Answer

ZenGardner,

What did you do to get it to sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kathleen389 wrote:

ZenGardner,

What did you do to get it to sync?

Really, nothing out of the ordinary. After I installed the app, turned bluetooth on, the Note 9 found the Ionic, and it worked. Honestly, I thought there would be a problem when I read this first, but it worked like a champ.

But again, I have an Ionic, not a Flex. Not sure it that has anything to do with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Those are the steps I followed but it didn't work. Strange. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

I turned my blue tooth off and then turned it back on again and it started working!

Best Answer

I'm having this same problem with my recently purchased Alta HR and my brand new Note 9. 

I just checked the compatible list online, and the Note is not on it. Very frustrating!

Update... once I downloaded the System Update into my phone, it synced to my Note.

Settings>System Updates>Check for System Updates.

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter.

Be sure to try the steps I mentioned above. There is a possibility that it could work.

Also, you can post about the Note 9 in our Feature Suggestions board. Other users could then comment and vote on your idea to show their support. You can also read the FAQ to better understand the way that board works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Note 9 as well as the Ionic, I cannot get them to work together. The bluetooth feature is finding the tracker but that is where it ends. Did you do anything special to get it to work for you?

Best Answer

Hey there,

I uninstalled and reinstalled the fitbits app MANY times and finally it just worked for mo apparent reason...

Try it?

Best Answer

Hey everyone,

I recently just got it to work! I uninstalled and reinstalled many many times... and finally it worked for no apparent reason.

Hope it works for someone out there.... I know it can be so frustrating...

Best Answer
I downloaded a new update to my new Galaxy Note 9 and my Fitbit Ionic connected.
Thank you

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I went into my phone settings. Then clicked System Updates>Check for Updates. Once my phone completed  the update, it just started working with my Fitbit. I didn't have top do anything else. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Clodwick16. Hello @Adevirgil and @Iggylona.

Thanks for sharing the steps that help you out! Glad to read that it seems to be working for everyone. I'll be sure to keep them in mind.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes