Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

I just got a Note 9 and i have not been able to sync my fitbit tracker with my phone.

Have tried restarting my phone, reinstalling the Fitbit app... all didn't work.

Help!!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
167 REPLIES 167

My wife just got the Note 9, same problems not Syncing 

I was told by a Co-Worker to make sure the Note 9 software was updated, we did that and now IT WORKS!   She's even getting her messages on the Fitbit

So make sure your phone software is updated.   Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Thanks that is what I did as well and it started working!
Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Numpy. Hello @Clodwick16.

Glad to read that updating your Note 9's software helped in getting your phones to work correctly. I'll be sure to keep it in mind in case other users come up with the same situation.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of topics to talk about.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi, I just got the note 9 and have the FITBIT BLAZE. I went under "apps" selected FITBIT then scrolled down to "advanced" and activated it for "install unknown apps", my watched took about 20 hours for it to work perfectly again. 

Best Answer

I just did the turn on from unknown ..hopefully 

It works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys

I think i got it to work by turn on the notification on Fitbit mobile app.

Open your Fitbit app>my device >select on your current device >general >notifications

From there you could see the second line mentioned Fitbit.  Turn that on and it will solve your problems.

Hope it helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Raincity@Pcarlstrom and @Csweeney1127.

Thanks for taking the time to share the steps that you have tried with everyone! Hopefully they do help out.

Do keep in mind that these solutions and workarounds are not official and we cannot guarantee that they will do the trick.

If possible, please also try to sync with a computer or a supported device. You can read more about it in here.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I can't get my Charge HR to sync with the Note 9. I see that this phone isn't on the list as a compatible device yet. Is there any idea when it might be added? I just got this Fitbit as a gift and was super excited to use it and it won't sync at all. Any suggestions appreciated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure your Note 9 softwear is updated, we did that to my wife's note 9 it worked fine after that

good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I ended up tricking the Charge HR by updating the firmware using my
old phone which was compatible and now it works.--

Shawn McGinley
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Best Answer
0 Votes
Keep me posted.
Keep
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @swim0890. Hello @Csweeney1127 and @Numpy.

Glad to read that updating the Charge HR did the trick for you @swim0890

@Numpy Thanks for being around to help.

I'd like to mention that at this time we do not have any news on when will the Note 9 be added to the list, but as soon as we do have any news we'll be sharing them with everyone!

Best Answer

My Alta syncs, but have to reboot Alta every few days. Also have to constantly redo smart lock for Alta to be trusted device, phone cant even find it today.... Receive no notifications on Alta anymore. 

Very frustrating! Fitbit's aware in advance there's a new phone coming out,  seems like it should be compatible almost immediately!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @MomOfMals.

Thank you very much for sharing all of the steps that you follow to get your Fitbit Alta to sync.

Please do know that our team is aware of the multiple requests to expand the list. Whenever we have something to announce on the matter we'll be sure to let everyone know.

As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it. Some users of unsupported devices have mentioned that following these steps helps with the syncing and these help for the notifications.

Alternatively, you could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account. Click here to get instructions on how to sync with other devices.

Best Answer

I just got my galaxy note 9 3  and I lost my Fitbit flex , I think my 3 year old took it, but I just reordered the Fitbit charge 3 and reading all of this is scaring me that I made the wrong decision , I didn't see note 9 as a compatible option , and I only checked to see out of curiosity,  normally I would have ordered it and had no clue they were not compatible with each other. Do they plan to fix this in the next few months, just reading about the charge 3 and I'm in love, like Christmas for a kid, I really don't want to send it back if they plan to fix this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @KalaG.

At this moment we do not have any news of when will the Note 9 be added to the list. As soon as we have any news on the matter we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Please do know that we take all feedback seriously and we're always looking for ways to move forward.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer

well can ya'll add it? What the actual hell the phone's been out for over a month already.

Best Answer

My Versa now syncs once there was a firmware update to my Note 9. Notifications are also working as well. I'm not sure if this was a software issue or not but please work on getting the device added to the compatibility list. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @jojojo23 and @mothaofdragons.

Thanks for letting us know that you did get your Note 9 to work @mothaofdragons.

At this moment we have nothing to announce on the matter. Maybe you could comment and vote on this suggestion to add the Note 9 as a supported device, that is a great way to show your support. Be sure to read the FAQ if you have any questions on the way that board works.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer

Boooo...Your Not Helping Resolve the Issue 🤨

Best Answer
0 Votes