Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation graph is broken

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just noticed that the green and yellow lines have changed and now are all over the place on the graph. All graphs for different days start with a 0:00 hrs. The fluctuations are not at all in line with what I was reading up until today.  Anyone experienced this issue?? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1,292 REPLIES 1,292

One rep went a step further and told me to do a factory reset on my phone! Nothing is wrong with my phone.

Best Answer

Yikes! I saw on the post about the ticket, that nothing the reps suggested like that helped. A phone reset is a huge inconvenience to suggest on the off chance it might help. Maybe the reps should talk to each other before making suggestions like that. 

Best Answer

Same crazy readings here.

Best Answer

Yes, the same thing happened to me. I wrote another post about it before I found this one, so I'm going to delete my post. It's unnerving to see so much yellow. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, been green everytime, now too much yellow.

Best Answer

I've just got a new phone - I had the interesting viewpoint of seeing the same nights stats on my old phone before I'd allowed the Fitbit update and with the updated app and scary graphs on my new phone. 

No amount of resetting, clearing caches, reinstalling etc will make any difference. 

This is a developer tech issue completely. 

We deserve answers @LizzyFitbit 

Best Answer

Yep...saw the new variations and pretty much freaked out. I was getting an occasional yellow spike but most nights all green. Now it's like half yellow and half green all night long. Looked back for weeks and weeks and it's the same. Something is clearly wrong with their calculations and graph representation because according to these variations, I should be dead and clearly, if I am typing this, I am not. Not sure why they even had to change it. What they were providing was fine. 

Best Answer

Gonna try to lighten the mood and just say how much everyone's comments have lessened my concerns!  I appreciate the input, hoping that the glitch can be remedied ASAP. I try NOT to put too much emphasis on tools, but when you have health concerns, I think we ALL appreciate seeing indications in the positive vs the negative?!  Wishing all of you a happy day and good health. Blessings 🌻

Best Answer

When they tell us to do a factory reset, it proves they never look at this forum.  If they did, they'd see that a reset is certainly not a solution.  It also shows they don't test the issue on an Android to verify the problem.  Pitiful customer support. 

Best Answer

Thank you for asking this question. Eager to learn more! (my charts are reflecting similar stuff)

Best Answer

Unfortunately, I've had negative experiences with customer support as well. When I first got my charge 5, the battery life lasted less than 24 hours. I had to speak to multiple support reps and most of them kept saying that it was due to my use of the tracker and that I needed to keep the "always on" display off - which of course I never turned on in the first place. They refuted that and I had to argue with them that if their data said it was on, that was simply wrong. Then they wanted me to try a bunch of things, wait longer, and then ultimately send it back to them. I finally escalated to the right person who did what should've been done all along - believe me when I explained what was happening and send me a new tracker. Which I've been happy with since then and has 5 days of battery life - as it should. Additionally I had an issue with my subscription to premium where I couldn't get it turned on and they initially sent me to google play who sent me right back to fitbit (which is what I told them would happen). They finally fixed it but again, took  way longer than it should. They should analyze their customer support flow and change their approach - it would easily pay for itself with happy vs. disgruntled customers. They don't have a monopoly by any stretch in terms of fitness tracker options. 

Best Answer

True, thankfully I know better but really bad advice to those that may not know what a factory reset does.

Best Answer

It would be nice if fitbit tested their software updates.   Everything is screwed up since the latest software update. And don't expect a response from them... they don't respond. 

Best Answer

I started a case back on June 24. They have sent several emails in response to my case, and each time I sent a return email to clarify and try to help them understand the issue with the app EOV  chart. I am giving up on meaningful customer service since the last response was to factory reset my Sense watch. I agree with @Dave526 that these support people never check the forum. The last email I rec'd was from Jason O and the Support Team. Whoever is answering me has never admitted that there might be something wrong with the Fitbit update. It's becoming infuriating. 

Best Answer

Very annoying! I thought I needed to have some sleep studies done . I have never had yellow like this. Maybe an occasional spike. Sounds like the update has a major glitch!

Best Answer

Glad I’m not the only one that developed sleep apnea overnight. 😬😉

Best Answer

Just woke up and noticed high variations on estimated oxygen. Before the app was updated it was always normal. So I went back a few weeks but the update has changed the old readings, now all of them show high readings. Not sure whats going on. 

Best Answer

Screenshot_20220407-083816_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20220728-211237.jpg

 I  have the same issue. These are from the same night. I  have mild apnea so was starting to panic but am relieved it seems to be an issue with the update.

Best Answer

Same. I was worried at first, as mine is usually all green, but I went all the way back to mid 2021, and it's all yellow now! I submitted a support case before I searched about it. At least makes me feel a little better to know everyone's going through it and there's not probably anything wrong with my actual oxygen saturation. 🙂

Best Answer

Yes, agree. I have sleep apnea too but when I have  an AHI under 1.0 for the night and 98% O2 sat during the day I cery much doubt I'm having the wild variations these charts suggest, but then as someone pointed out above, with no scale values these charts are essentially worthless..

Best Answer