Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

Hi @Th63  This is copied from the Android forum area as originally posted by Fitbit Moderator @LizzyFitbit 

"Thanks for the detailed information, and the steps tried prior to posting. Let me share we identified the root cause of the bug and we are working on a fix, which we anticipate releasing via an app update in early 2023.

We want our Fitbit Community to be a place where users can come to share their feedback and stories in a conducive manner, so please keep in mind the Community Guidelines when posting. Once again, your feedback is appreciated and we'll update this thread as soon as we have more information."

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Me too. I thought it was the fitbit, so I bought the charge 5, which isn't letting me set that up either. It's found but nothing else.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Where is everyone that has received the update? Is it from samsung?
Best Answer
I just received an update from Fitbit. It did nothing. US
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got mine on Thursday from Samsung
Best Answer
I am in KS, USA. I did an "update now" on my phone and it fixed it.
Best Answer

Hello everyone!

This situation has been reported already. Our team has identified the root cause of the bug and we are working on a fix, which we anticipate releasing via an app update in early 2023. I appreciate your patience. 

Have nice day and happy holidays!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, Samsung. UK and EE network for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm pretty sure that when I say this, I'm speaking for most people. It's
not that it broke. Things happen. But to say it will be fixed sometime in
early 2023 means that it is not a priority to Fitbit. THAT..... Is what
loses you supporters.
Thankfully, it sounds like an android update also fixes it. Can't say
Fitbits priority of this gives any of us any sense that fitbit cares about
their product or those that buy the product.
Best Answer

This is the same message that another moderator left. An update with an exact date would have been better for Fitbit customers. Early 2023 is vague and means nothing to people who are unable to use their devices.

Best Answer

My Inspire 3 was having difficulty syncing with my Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3. I have gone through multiple trouble shooting attempts using the information that I found in the community forum. Ultimately, I unpaired my Inspire 3 (after also restarting it multiple times), uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app on my phone, and removed the pairing from my Bluetooth setting on my phone. When attempting to pair the Inspire 3 with my phone again, I am able to get as far as my phone detecting the device; however, the 4 digit pairing code does not display on my Fitbit, and I am unable to move forward with pairing the Fitbit to my phone. What can I do next? The Fitbit has no use to me if it does not sync my phone.

Best Answer

Just got an update to my Fold 4 today and Fitbit hasn't synced since. Guess 2023 is the year I finally switch to something else since fixing this issue is clearly not a priority. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm beginning to think the same thing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

A firm date is needed, not "sometime in early 2023"--being vague is NOT helpful!  I check my zflip 3 daily for software updates, nothing. I am on Verizon in NJ, my update was on Dec 24 and my fitbit cannot connect to my phone since then. I am beyond annoyed too.

Best Answer

Having the same problem 

Just got a Samsung zflip4 and my Charge 4 won't sync. Rebooted everything and still nothing! Very frustrating 

Glad this is getting looked after. Looking forward to the fix!

Best Answer

Hi all,

I had an update on my phone last night and I've just tried linking it again to my phone and it WORKED.  Fingers crossed it not just a fluke and stop working again.

Best Answer

I noticed my fitbit luxe stopped syncing with my phone on Dec 9th, and I haven't been able to fix it. I've tried everything.  Has anyone else had a problem?  How do I fix it? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree it is ridiculous that it takes months to fix something. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can't wait for this roll-out to move along and get to more people. My
Charge5 is telling that today is Monday, 1/2. Tried to force the update.
Tried what others have said about connecting to the computer to force an
update, but kept getting an error message. Frustrating!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Please include your location on your posts so others can determine a
pattern, thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes