Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

I have your problem too. After updating to Android 13, my Charge 5 no longer syncs with Samsung Flip 4. I tried to pair it with other phones running Android 12 and 13 and it connected right away. With another different Samsung flip 4, however, no association.

I tried everything Fitbit support told me, but nothing changed.

Best Answer

This really seems to be an issue that's affecting Samsung Galaxy devices that are upgraded to Android 13. So, if you're willing to loose your WiFi and Bluetooth settings and thus have to reconnect to your preferred WiFi networks and Bluetooth devices afterwards, you could try resetting the network preferences of your device.

Before you do so, I'd suggest removing your Fitbit device from the Fitbit app.

1.) Open the Settings app on your device.

2.) Look for General management and tap on it.

3.) Tap on Reset.

4.) Then tap on Reset network settings.

5.) Finally confirm by tapping the button Reset settings.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

I reset the phone, also wi-fi and bluetooth but it didn't help.

Best Answer

I am in the same boat. Having the same issue with the Charge 5 not syncing with my Galaxy Z Fold 4 after Android 13 upgrade.

Best Answer

Same thing happens to me with a fitbit charge 4

Best Answer

Still having the same problem. Despite following all trouble shooting and resetting wifi settings.

It's clear it is a Samsung and Android 13 issue!

Best Answer

I hear you, however I am not sure if it is a Samsung issue or the app is somehow misbehaving. The more folks will receive Android 13 on their Samsung phones the merrier it will be visible and causing heat to either the Fitbit Devs or Samsung.

Let's cross fingers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Same problem with me can't sync and pair after updating z fold 4 to android 13

I believe fitbit should update their app since the glitch due Android 13 new update 

Best Answer

I did all that too for my luxe, then it was frozen wouldn't connect at all, thankfully under warranty and getting a new one 

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have a Charge 5 and a Luxe and 2 ZFlip3 phones. Neither tracker will connect to either phone, both on Android 13, but will connect to IOS devices without issue.  As others say, they seem to fall over with bluetooth handshaking.

Best Answer

I've reported that. Please be patient as Fitbit is trying to get a fix for Samsung's implementation of it's BLE in their Android 13.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

@Talahthas : Thank you!

Best Answer

My Fitbit Luxe has not synced to my Samsung Galaxy Fold 4 since I updated to Android 13. I have already tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions from Fitbit.

I chatted to a Fitbit rep a short while ago and he suggested trying to "Add a New Device" by re-adding my Luxe. During that process the app can see my Luxe, but it cannot connect.

Because it happened right after the upgrade to Android 13, I believe that is the reason for the syncing problems. Will Fitbit be releasing an update soon to fix this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Hi, may i know what was the fix? have the same issue with same phone and same device?

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @SteviK. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Luxe before reaching out. 

Please feel free to reach out to our Support Team once again if you have any further questions or concerns regarding the outcome of your case. Since you have reported this matter to our Support Team, please note there's nothing left we here in the community can suggest other than reaching out to our team again. 

Thanks for your understanding. See you around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! Hope they fix the issue right away. 

Best Answer

I too am havibi the same issue.  What ever happened in the update, also disconnected my Bluetooth in the car.

Best Answer

Greetings,

i've bought a Fold 4 and updated to Android 13.

I tried to connect the Charge 5 but once detected it will not connect to the phone.

I tried to connect the Charge 5 with another phone with Android 12 and it works well.

I tried to connect an old Charge  2 with the Fold 4 and it's working, so the problem is between Fold 4 with Android 13 and the Charge 5.

Any suggestion? It's a problem on the Fitbit app?

Thanks.

Best regards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As there's already a thread concerning this issue, I've merged your post with the corresponding thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have a family of Charges. All upgraded to Android 13 last weekend - 3x Fitbit Charge 5's and 3 Samsungs

Dad's Samsung S22 - didn't work right away, needed reset on the Charge & some reboots of the phone but worked in the end

Both Samsung Flip3 5g - Tried all of the above, plus uninstall & reinstall of Fitbit apps and a factory reset of the Charge 5. Still nothing Fitbit have said to send my Charge 5 back but when I got my Dad to disconnect his Charge 5 and try with mine then it worked right away whereas when I tried with his Charge it just "finds" the device but never connects. Any suggestions welcome.

I've even tried deleting all network settings from my phone and rebooting - nothing!

Fitbit Charge 5 v57.20001.171.50 Updated to 57.20001.188.58 // Fitbit App v3.71 // Samsung Flip3 5G Android 13 One UI 5 Patch level 2022-12-01
**Fitbit is still not working for any Samsung Flip/Fold users**
Best Answer