Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

Mine just updated this morning to Android 13, and now I can't do anything. Same issues as everyone above. The phone seems to see the Charge 5 but will not connect/sync.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completely
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant 
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

The watch will not connect anymore and is stuck in install mode.

I'm having the same problem. It would not connect or find the device. Contacted FitBit via chat and they walked me through all the steps I tried. I'm 99.9% sure it was the Android update on my Flip phone that did something, but they will be sending me a new device as soon as I get the other one back to them. A bit frustrating (especially since I just received the device and it worked for a few days until the update).

Best Answer

I've had my fitbit and Flip for over a year and it stopped working directly after the update so that's the cause but who is fixing is a whole question. 

Fitbit Charge 5 v57.20001.171.50 Updated to 57.20001.188.58 // Fitbit App v3.71 // Samsung Flip3 5G Android 13 One UI 5 Patch level 2022-12-01
**Fitbit is still not working for any Samsung Flip/Fold users**
Best Answer

Another Galaxy Flip 4 with the same problem after One UI 5.0 update.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with Flip 4 and Android 13. Contacted your Support and they were unhelpful. Actually infuriating to be honest.

I've lodged an official complaint but doubt anything will come of it. 

Best Answer

Hi Talahthas - as this seems to be a known fault for a few weeks now, any idea how long a fix might take (I wish i could roll back my Fold to the previous software update and i am tempted to do a factory reset on the phone)

Best Answer

I installed Android update on my galaxy flip 4 phone yesterday and ever since my charge 4 will not sync with the app.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled app, restarted my fitbit, removed from blue tooth.  None of that worked so I removed charge 4 from fitbit app but am unable to add it back since it will not sync. Any help or known issue with the Android 13 update?

Best Answer

The problem is caused by Samsung software flaw in Android 13 Bluetooth stack, more exactrly size of the Bluetooth packets ONLY in Flip (all generation) and Fold (all generations) with any devices (not only Fitbit) using specific Bluetooth commands.
Works correct on Android 13 on Samsung S and A models, and other phone manufacturers.

It can be fixed by workaround in app developers OR wait Samsung firmwares fix for their Fold and Flip devices.

(I have no idea about the reason in iOS.)

Best Answer

Yes this has happened to me to, my android phone did an update around 5pm yesterday and the last time my fit bit syncd was 16.50 yesterday, so there must be a connection, can someone please advise on a fix?

Best Answer

Same issue after upgrade.

There are mentions of this issue on several phones after upgrading to Android 13 on this forum, Reddit and other places.

Messages starting around April 2022 (probably Android 13 release date for Google Pixel phones), so the issue has been known for long time, but there seems to be no interest in fixing it...

Best Answer

All, I’m having the same issues with my iphone connecting during setup. Everything was fine a few days ago and yesterday I couldn’t sync. I’ve done all of the steps to try and fix and like everyone else, after removing my device from the app and then setting up the device again, it finds it fine then gets stuck on connecting. iOS 15.6.1. Big difference here is that I did not update my iOS version recently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem for me on a Galaxy Z Flip 4, updated to Android 13 two days ago.

I've never had a problem with Android 12.

Tried on a Galaxy Note 9 running Android 10, The Charge 5 sync perfectly.

It is a Samsung and Android 13 issue!

Fitbit, please do something 😅

@FitbitCommunity

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue, my Android phone had an update and I then had to spend the afternoon/evening trying everything to get my Charge 4 to sync with the Fitbit app on my phone.

After multiple restarts and turning off and on Bluetooth, I uninstall the app, took multiple attempts to reinstall the connection to my Charge 4.

Got it working again last night, but has done the same again this morning and won't sync with the app.

Best Answer

I am having same issues since my samsung flip updated on Thursday. I tried all the trouble shooting advice but nothing worked. I gave up and set luxe to factory settings. Now it won't pair with my phone. Only bought luxe March 2022. All fine until Thursday.

Best Answer
Exactly what I did. I paired my luxe with husband's phone just to keep track. Hopefully someone will come up with a solution soon

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Best Answer

My ipad mini is too old for me to pair to it.

Been trying to chat with fitbit who just keep giving me the trouble shooting info. Next to useless. Or pair with another phone. If only I had another phone. They offered a replacement but how will this solve the issue?

Best Answer

I had the same. Replacement on way even though I said it wouldn't make a difference. Figured, fine, I'll try it.  Oh and it swears it is human but IMHO we are dealing with a bot.  Replies are not formulaic and useless.  I think Google has turned a great company into a bad one.  

Best Answer

Sorry, replies are formulaic!!  

Best Answer

Did you send your fitbit back in order to get replacement? Never thought it was a bot. But when I said I wanted to complain, the reply was its been a pleasure to help you today. Mmmm what help. Useless. They sent me a survey to complete.

Best Answer

My husband had to update his flip 4 to Android 13.and he now can't sync his Charge 5. @MarreFitbit this is obviously becoming a widespread problem what is Fitbit doing to resolve it?

Best Answer

Nothing. The 'help' said I shouldn't have updated phone. I replied I didn't it was Samsung. Appears they are not aware of this 'issue'

Best Answer