Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

@Gr4ndp4 Thanks for your help. 

@Honeypot0327 Welcome to the forums. Your post was moved here to keep an order in the community. 

Please note that this has been resolved with both a Fitbit app and Samsung FW update. Make sure that your Fitbit app is up to date and search for firmware updates for your Samsung Flip smartphone. That should resolve this for you. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same, finally! 😁 My flip4 got a software update on Jan 28th. I've kept my fitbit synced up with my old pixel 4 since the end of November. Every samsung software update, I've  tried to resync my inspire3. And this time it worked! Hopefully whatever the issue was between samsung and fitbit is fixed now. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your continued reports. Before anything else, let us explain there is an issue currently affecting the Fitbit app which is preventing to log in or sync your devices. Our team is aware of it and they're working to get it resolved as soon as possible. I'd recommend sharing your feedback in this thread as this will help us to keep the forums organized and our team informed.

On the other hand, if you have any other syncing concerns related to your Samsung Flip/Fold phones, don't hesitate to let us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

I'm wanted to share with you that our team started rolling out the Fitbit app 3.75 version which ensures the connectivity with Samsung Fold and Flip phones. This is a progressive rollout, so please wait and make sure to install it as soon as you see it available in the Play Store.

Your feedback and patience is truly appreciated.

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your continued reports. Because this issue was fixed after updating the Fitbit app, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. If you have another question, I'd encourage you to visit our help site or start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

We appreciate your time and patience. Rest assured we'll continue working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes