Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your efforts, as well as the steps tried on your own. I'm happy to share with you that our team released the Android App 3.73, and you should be able to sync your Fitbit devices with your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip/Fold phones. This update is progressively rolling out to all our members, so if you don't see it yet, please check the Play Store later and install it once it's available.

Your patience is truly appreciated and don't hesitate to share any question that you have after updating the update.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

Hello, is anyone having issues with the Luxe and Z flip 3 (android 12, One UI 4.0)?

The devices pair up (only if the luxe is on the charging cable) but then the bluetooth connection drops - this means, no notifications at all and very random sync when it feels like it (2 or 3 times a day if lucky).

However, the Bluetooth sync and notifications work just fine if the luxe is back on the charger cable instead of the wrist!!!

My luxe otherwise works perfectly well if paired to an Oppo find x or and old iPad 2, so obviously, the device is not faulty. I only bought it 2 days ago.

Help desk offered an exchange (after making me go through all the hoops I had already been through from reading forums, reinstalling everything and so on so forth), but I would be keen to know if there are any other users out there with a Z flip 3 that have the same frustration after trying all the nice tips and tricks - which means firmware or app issue. That will inform my decision to exchange or switch brands as it seems Fitbit are slow to provide such updates.

Many thanks!

Best Answer

Hi @Xof you have mentioned 3 devices that the Lux has been paired to. Have you logged out of the fitbit app, and removed the Luxe from their BT, on the other two devices? 

Best Answer

I have a Samsung Flip 3 and I have no issues receiving text messages and notifications from my phone to the Fitbit Luxe. I would unpair your Fitbit Luxe and factory reset the device. While the device is being factory reset, I would remove the Fitbit app from your phone… turn off your Bluetooth and restart your phone. Then reinstall there fitbit app to your phone!

- I am sorry, if this does not help and maybe I would get a replacement device If this does not work.

Best Answer

Inspire 3 would not sync, before disconnecting from the app it said the last synced time was 11:04 AM. Which just so happens to be right before the time when the phone did a software update. Restarted tracker, restarted phone. Followed all of the steps to try and fix. Nothing is working. Now this is as far as I am getting. No 4 digit code is showing on the watch and the "Connecting..." button just keeps spinning. The phone is a galaxy z flip 4. But he fact that "Inspire 3" shows up in my phone's Bluetooth menu leads me to believe it is an issue with the app, not the phone. Please help. 

Screenshot_20221113_172423.jpg

Screenshot_20221113_173411_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20221113_173503_Software update.jpg

Screenshot_20221113_174843_Wi-Fi tips.jpg

Screenshot_20221113_180432_Settings.jpg

Moderator Edit: Formatting and clarify subject.

Best Answer

Hi there, @dDc22. Nice to see you around the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3.

Screenshots are always helpful. I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you with this matter. We really appreciate the time you took to troubleshoot your Fitbit.

See you around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

the same thing happens to me with a fitbit luxe !!!

pfffff

Best Answer

Same for iPhone. Everything is updated but the watch has combined yesterdays stats with todays. I tried restarting the actual watch but it doesn’t do anything. I tried everything they suggested. Sometimes it won’t connect to bluetooth

Best Answer

same here, bluetooth found the charge 5 but then the "connecting" times out.

Best Answer

My steps aren't syncing or adding/updating at all since the update

Best Answer

Did dome additional testing with 2 other devices, enclosed feedback

Samsung Flip 3 ( primary device) running Android 13: no sync since update of OS, Adding the Charge 5 again as device fails; Bluetooth connection is valid in app but connecting times out, most probably the pairing request asking for a 6 digit number to confirm fails.

Second Device: Samsung S22 (Wife, never used with Fitbit) running Android 13: Adding device fails as well, same situation like with the other Phone. Charge gets found via Bluetooth but then "connecting" fails and times out

Third device (never used with Fitbit) running Android 12: Installation and pairing works, sync works as expected.

Conclusion: Either it is a situation with Samsung devices running Android 13 or the App is simply buggy with phones running OS 13.

Best Answer

I'm also on a Flip 3 as my primary. So I would say at least that might be a possibility.

Still very annoying. 

I got it at least to activate my fit it again, but sync is still a no go. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with the Charge 5 not syncing. This has started since updating my Samsung Z fold 4 to Android 13.

Are fitbit working on a fix??

Best Answer

I assume yes. Hopefully it is a glitch in the App and not in the Samsung Android 13 implementation. Maybe someone with a different brand will also comment on the issue. I only have Samsung devices in my household.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, i have a samsung with a fitbit luxe et i am i the same situation since the android 13 update.

We all need an isue because if not the tracker is useless 

Best Answer

Thanks for replies. Is it enough to report it here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Talahthas Are you looking into this issue?

Best Answer

As I'm running Android 13 on my Google Pixel since it was released without any issues in terms of syncing my Charge 5, I don't think your syncing problems are not related to Android 13, although quite a few Samsung phones were mentioned in this thread.

There have been problems accessing Fitbit's services on November 21. I experienced those for the first time a few days ago. Then everything was working fine for some time. Yesterday, I once again had trouble syncing and accessing my user account. At the momenthowever I don't have any issues accessing Fitbit.

I don't believe that there's anything wrong with Fitbit's servers themselves though, but with routing.

You could try switching of WiFi on your phones to see whether or not you are able to sync via mobile data connection.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply. The issue is not related to sync connectivity to the fitbit servers but the connectivity of charge 5 to phone via Bluetooth.

I turned off wifi but still not sync at all. Since I tested myself three Samsung devices I am pretty sure this is somewhat related to Samsung and Android 13 & Fitbit App. My Samsung Tablet running Android 12 works as expected via WIFI (no sim)

Best Answer

Hi tried to turn off wifi and didn't work. Can sync to older Samsung phone with Android 12. Samsung phone with Android 13 is not working!

Best Answer