Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa presenting issues to sync with Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Fitbit for about a week now and so far I've enjoyed it quiet a lot, but there seems to be some issue with syncing my data from the Versa to the App. I have been able to reproduce a way to get it to stop syncing and they are:

• Closing the fitbit app entirely.
  • Restarting the Versa

After doing any of these two things the Versa or App will no longer be able to connect and sync data. I figured out a temporary fix that reconnects the devices, allowing them to sync data once again. However, this is only a temporal solution as the Versa/phone can somehow lose connecting on it's own. My current solution is:

1. Unpair the Versa on the Android bluetooth settings.
  2. Restart the phone
  3. Add a new device to your account and select the Versa
  4. Follow the set up

Is there a way to properly fix this?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

True. And  I can only sync when the battery is higher than 35 %. 

Best Answer

After reading a lot of ideas on syncing my new Moto z3 it's not on the compatibility list.  I have tried restarting, uninstalling, turning off Bluetooth.  Nothing seems to be working.  Is there a update for the Moto z3.  I worked when first bought it on vacation in Las Vegas.  Then it quit working once I hit Minnesota.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with the versa.
It suddenly after some time fails to sync.
But although I didn't had this issue with other fitbit devices, I have noticed that if I am "Force Stopping" the app and reopening it, everything just works perfectly, the syncing returns to work and all.

I was cycling today, and suddenly the connected GPS just disconnected. Did the same force stop for the app, and everything just keep working as expected.

Also, I have noticed that the background sync task just crashed a few times during the cycling. (I hope this can help in any way).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im a new user of fitbit versa and also having same problem. On my first week the versa has no connection issue and working great. It only started when I try to control my music on versa. I connected my versa to my phone on bluetooth with versa(classic) as device name. Since then it cannot sync to my phone already.

Solved it by removing the device on my app, restart phone and do the setup of new device again. It works perfectly well now, but i noticed that once I do the controlling of music again thats the sync problem start. So Im back to my solution again and done it three times already. So my conclusion is that it start having problem when pairing it to my phone on bluetooth with versa(classic). I hope fitbit will find ways to solve this problem but for the meantime no controlling of music on my versa for now. Hope this works on everyone too.

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

I managed to update my Versa to version  32.33.1.30 and now it no longer disconnects from my phone. It's finally working as intended. If you all still have this issue and are not on the latest version I recommend to TRY and update your device. Now I can finally enjoy my watch after the long months of disconnects.

Thank you team Fitbit for finally fixing the issue, but please fix it quicker next time <3.

Best Answer

That's great that it worked for you. But I'm already on that firmware update and still have the problem. It's getting to where I'm having to restart Bluetooth/Versa daily (sometimes several times a day). I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S9, which the site says it's compatible with. I have All-Day Sync and Always Connected turned on. But, still the issue persists. I'll stop getting notifications on the tracker and/or I'll get a notification on my phone from the Fitbit app saying it can't sync. Having to turn Bluetooth off or restart the tracker daily is just frustrating.

Best Answer

Has anyone called this issue into Fitbit customer service? I just got mine a couple of weeks ago, so I haven't yet. Just curious what they are telling customers... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did actually send it back. They lost if for a while but when they found it said it was defective but no other explanation.
I did a new one and seems to be working good now for 2 months.

Jan Lehman
Standale Home Studio
Marketing
4046 Lake Michigan Dr. NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49534
O: 616.735.5828
C: 616.450.1300
[logo email signature]
Please add janl@standalehomestudio.com to your contact list.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly same, worked fine for approx week, once I added bluetooth headphones for jogging it decides when it would like to connect to app frustrating is not the word, will look to return as 200 euro for device that performing like device purchased on aws for €40

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jan 11, 2 days after I posted my reply above, Fitbit pushed an update to the Google Play store, and now I'm no longer having issues with my Versa syncing. Funny though, it doesn't seem like they changed the build number from the previous update (which I confirmed above didn't fix the issue for me).

On Jan 10 I turned off All Day Sync because it drained the battery and made it so it only lasted 2 days before I had to recharge it. Part of the reason I wanted the Versa was for the longer battery life, so that was an additional negative to owning this. I kept that turned off. The update came on Jan 11 (I updated Jan 12) and I haven't turned it back on.

I'll post an update again if I start to have the same issues, but so far 12 days in and no problems with syncing.

Best Answer
Thanks for the update.

Jan Lehman
Best Answer

I am getting beyond frustrated with my Versa  the not syncing issue is very disappointing. Not what I expected for a Fitbit product. I have had mine since April 2018 and have had to restart my phone, restart bluetooth every few days since day 1. 🤨😔

Best Answer

What works for me is go settings on phone and do a "force stop", if versa won't sync after restart.

Best Answer

Thank you, I will try that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

Just bought Versa today and it has already stopped syncing. I tried to remove the device and re-connect, but now it won't connect at all. 

I've tried using the tips from this thread, but to no avail.

So disappointed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! Just bought yesterday and stopped syncing. Unpaired Versa and cant even repair bc its not finding it or cant connect. This is so upsetting. I see this problems has always been here and Fitbit is not fixing it. Please dont make me return this. Why wont my Versa pair or sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

Solved it by uninstalling the Fitbit app and then re-installing it again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was and am extremely disappointed in the Fitbit Versa. I did end up
selling it and going back to the Fitbit Charge. I bought the newest version
of the Fitbit Charge and am very happy with it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my Versa  Fitbit  is not syc

Best Answer
0 Votes