Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and Pixel XL 2 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.

I installed the final release (not Beta) of Android 9 Pie on my Pixel 2 XL on Monday (8/6/18 - it's release day).

Ever since then, I have not been able to get my phone's pairing to "stick" with my Flex. I'm been using my Flex for over 2 years and never had this kind of problem before so I believe it is related to the update to Android 9 Pie.

Essentially, when I try to pair my Flex to my phone, the "Flex" entry in terms of which bluetooth devices my phone sees seems to silently fail and move from the "spinning" icon (showing it's trying to pair) back to the list of seen devices. Multiple attempts don't work. I tried removing my Flex from my phone's Fitbot app and adding it back. That seemed to prompt me once for asking if I wanted to add the Flex as a device and it may have synced once. But trying to update it later fails again.

So far, the only predictable way I've been able to sync my Flex since this update is to plug the Flex into the charger and then plug the charger into my laptop. Then, my phone will sync. But as soon as I unplug the Flex and put it back on my wrist, it won't sync.

Hoping this is a simple problem that can be fixed in an update soon but wondering if others making the upgrade to Android 9 Pie are seeing similar behavior.

Thanks for any help/fix.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

My Fitbit charge 2 has not synched since 28th September. I have reloaded the app and it won't synch. I am so fed up with it, I have stopped wearing it. Anyone else having the same problem and know how to resolve it? I have a Google pixel 2XL and have never had problems before.

Best Answer

Hoping against hope but... I noticed today that it seems like my Fitbit Flex is not syncing with my phone without having to use my laptop dongle.

I checked and my Pixel XL 2 now has Fitbit app version is now using the app dated October 17, 2018.

So, maybe this problem has finally been resolved. I'll keep watching more carefully on my phone now. But I'm hoping a fix finally rolled out!!!

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also have the app dated 10/17 however I still can't sync to my phone.
Only my laptop. This has gone on for so long I think Fitbit doesn't care.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, it looks like it may been too good to be true.

While walking to my car after work, I still watch the Fitbit app update my
steps as I walked and it seemed to be syncing to my phone (since my laptop
was off).

But now I'm home and the app is back to its old "no tracker found" failure
when I try to sync directly with my phone.

Hope for an update from the Fitbit folks here on the site for an
update/explanation...

- John -
Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally bought something different. Was only $29 and I like it better. I'm buying them for my mom and daughter. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
What did you get?
Best Answer
0 Votes
The letscom fitness tracker. They will probably delete this comment so
write it down. I got it from Amazon. Can track 14 different exercises,
heart rate, sleep...etc.
Best Answer

Hello everyone!

As it has been mentioned before, our team is aware of this situation with Android 9 (or Pie) that is preventing the Fitbit from sync. Any updates or news will be posted in here so please be sure to keep an eye on that thread.

Thanks for your feedback and patience on the matter. 

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you all with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could it be....

Hello to everyone who has followed or commented on this post.

I'm hoping this doesn't jinx it but... could it be that the problem with the Fitbit app on Android 9 on the Pixel XL2 and my Fitbit Flex has been solved?

Tonight I got prompted to update the Fitbit app v 2.87 (dated Feb.4, 2019) and my Fitbit is reporting that it has firmware version 7.88 and... so far, my Fitbit has synced to my phone at least 3 times! I haven't seen since August when I updated my XL2 to Android Pie.

Hoping that the fix is real. If so, thanks to the people inside and outside Fitbit for keeping the pressure on fixing this bug!

Best Answer

Hello @J_A_251.

Thanks for sharing your experience on the matter.

Glad to read that it all seems to be working correctly now. Hopefully it continued to do so. If anyone else is getting it to work correctly, please let us know.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit Zip will still not sync. Updated 2 days ago and says firmware
v5.9. Need to find a new tracker.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rev-rick.

Let me help you figure out what is going on.

In this case I'd recommend that you try to follow the steps listed in this help article.  That should definitely help to get your Zip to sync again.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did it and would not sync. Reset my Zip and it synced once yesterday but
that's it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rev-rick.

Thanks for letting me know.

In that case I'd recommend that you try to set up your Zip once again as if it was a replacement.That should help so that it starts working again.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I go to set it up it searches but doesn't find it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rev-rick.

Thanks for letting us know. 

Are you getting some sort of error message? If so, what does it say? Could you share some screenshots of what you are getting? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never received a response. Did you get my screen shots?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rev-rick.

Thanks for bringing this up again. 

Unfortunately no, no screenshots came through. Could you share them once again?

Best Answer
0 Votes