Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app crashes when attempting to log custom food

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When you go into the app on Android, go to add a food item that you ate, click on custom and then try to scroll down to find the food item, the app crashes stating:

Something went wrong with Fitbit

Fitbit closed because this app has a bug.

Try updating this app after it's developer provides a fix for this error.

This was AFTER I updated to the latest release.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

Google needs to take over app development from fitbit.

Best Answer
FITBIT was OK until GOOGLE too over.....so your solution makes no sense.
Best Answer

I was about to log the same issues.  Started yesterday, 31 August 22.  The notification I get is that's there's a bug in the app and to download any updates when available.  

I've switched my phone on and off and have uninstall and reinstalled the app, and there are no updates available to download on GooglePlay yet.

I can't scroll through my custom foods as the app crashes. I can add new foods to the custom area but can only see one page of foods (so I'm adding all my foods all the time now,  prefixing with "a" to ensure I can see and log them eg " aOats, aChips).  I can add these foods from page 1 but no other page will appear without the crash. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Frustrating!!!

Best Answer

I'm having this issue also as described above.  Samsung version 12.  Fitbit app version 3.66.  Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, clearing cache and data from app and rebooting phone.  Nothing works.

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  Seems changing one thing destroys another, Fitbit!  They need to think through before they make changes.  The COLOR OF THE CHARTS is trivial.  ACCESS to my custom food list is NOT trivial.  I've called Fitbit help.  Useless so far.  Delete/reload;. Shut off phone/restart...nothing works.  I have hundreds of custom food on that list...and no access.  

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for your reports and I apologize for this issue regarding the Fitbit app crashing when attempting to log a custom food. We're actively working to resolve this and anticipate the fix to be available in the next few months.

Your feedback is truly appreciated and we'll update this thread as soon as we have more details from our team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got an update yesterday, version 3.66/android. Now, custom foods takes me back to tile page, or crashes the app entirely.  This is a little much since we had months of custom foods issues that were only recently fixed. Just grousing, not a happy camper. 😞

Whoa, LizzyFitbit... am I understanding you correctly??!  You " anticipate the fix to be available in the next few months"? Surely, not months? 

Best Answer

It took 5 or 6 mos for them to fix the nutrient calcs 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

FINALLY ...

I noticed that after a couple of months of trouble, I can now get correct nutritional information under "nutrients"!

But now, I'm noticing a problem with custom foods when I try to log my food.  When I try to log a food listed under my custom foods, I can't scroll past the first page to access my complete custom food list! 

Anybody else noticing this one???

Best Answer

Yes, I use the log food feature every day.  I noticed this issue within the last 3 days

Best Answer
0 Votes

After experiencing this problem myself, I contacted customer support. 

They told me they are aware of the issue. 

The best we can do until the problem is resolved is to search for the food and log it using the description as we recognize it to be listed in our custom foods list.

I recognize the way all of my custom foods were added to my list, and am able to access them this way until Fitbit has resolved this issue. 

Best Answer

I agree with netwolf7, I'm having the same issue with the same version of the Android Fitbit App.  I've tried clearing the cache and also did a clean install and the problem persisted.  I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra with Android 12.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Custom category on the food portion of app closes when I try to scroll. I have the Charge 4 and the app in on my Samsung Galaxy S21+. I've cleared the cache, closed and reopend the app and restarted by phone but none of that helped. My phone gives a message that there is an app problem. I have use my PC to record this. Anyone else having this problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same issue!! 😠

Just like everyone else, I have tried all the usual... power off, cache/storage clear, app re-install, etc. all to no avail.

Please fix this ASAP.... hopefully not in "months" as per LizzieFitbit's comment. 

Best Answer

As you've stated, this is an app issue, and isn't specific to the charge 4....

Come on over and join in the fun in the thread on the Android board!! https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-app-crashes-when-attempting-to-log-custom-food/m-...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks

Best Answer
You should also file an escalated trouble report with support via chat.

This is another avenue to get Fitbit's attention and get the problem solved
faster.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Throwing in; exact same issue. Fortunately, I have a workaround in that I can add my foods, including custom meals, on the web version of the Fitbit dashboard through my iPad, and my computer when I get it back from the repair shop. Still, extremely frustrating to see this suddenly, and to read it that it will probably be fixed in the next couple months? That’s unfortunate. This is probably one of those immediate fix things, Definitely a quality of life issue.

Sidenote: did someone say that Google/Alphabet bought Fitbit? Could this be what’s causing the delay in addressing this extremely vital issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Answered too soon in an older thread, but the custom food tab does indeed crash for me. I cant even log custom on the website. It just loads forever.

Best Answer
0 Votes