Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

Can enter data but input not totalling

Best Answer

There also seems to be a glitch with the nutrients sheet as well. When logging a non-custom food as a metric (i.e. grams) it seems it'll only show the total nutrients as if it was a full serving/piece per 'gram' which jumps up the nutrients to some crazy numbers, though it won't reflect on the macros.

Screenshot_20220525-175841.pngScreenshot_20220525-175940.pngScreenshot_20220525-175959.pngScreenshot_20220525-180021.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Starting today May 25 saturated fat is is not computing correctly. Consumed 7mg and shows 21! Deleted and re-entered same issue. I thought it was multiplying by 3 but entered just a banana that has 0 saturated fat and still shows 21mg! PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE! It's frustrating to use a fitness and diet tracker that doesn't function properly! And yes all devices are updated and restarted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Two bugs starting today:

1. The order of food items is different from what's entered. This isn't a huge deal, but it's inconvenient, as I enter my foods in a specific order (proteins, vegetables, grains, fruits, fats, etc) to make meal preparation simpler.

2. This is a big deal: food entered for the following day disappears as soon as the "Log" button is pressed. The entry exists on the website, but not in the app. This makes meal planning for future dates effectively impossible.

I have cleared cache and data, and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. No luck.

Best Answer

I started logging my food details on the Fitbit Versa 3 app on my Android phone since Jan 2022.  Everything was working fine as of yesterday lunch time (25/05/2022), however, now I cannot see the food history past this week.  I already tried rebooting my Bluetooth, my phone and my Fitbit app and watch and I still cannot seem to view my food history.  Also, before I was able to log food for next day and was able to see it but now even if i add it for next day, i cannot view it on my app on my phone but can only view if i login into my Fitbit account not via the app. Please advise how can i get this working. 

Best Answer

@Goingnowhere77 , Nice to see you here. Thank you for your message. 

Could you please add a screenshot to your reply so that I can see what's on your display and provide better support. 

Also could you please let me know what phone model and it's operating system version?

See you around.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues since the most recent Android Fitbit app update on 5/23/2022. Nothing I've tried from Help worked. Also, my food - not any other data, only food - will not sync with the Fitbit website anymore. Not sure what to do now.

Best Answer

The nutrition tracker on the app is not working for me. It has my breakfast that I logged this morning but is not recognizing my entries for the rest of my day and is therefore not calculating them. I've tried clearing my phone's cache (Google Pixel 5), removing/reinstalling the app, and restarting my phone but to no avail. Can this be fixed, please? Thanks.

Correction: I've cleared the app's cache on my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with my Samsung Galaxy S20+. Began yesterday (5/24/22). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still happening to me have done all the suggestions but still happening I see your comment was well over a year ago you would think fitbit would have fixed this problem by now 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turns out to not  be the actual fitbit but the app. I installed fitbit on my Tablet (never had fitbit on it) I made a brand new account and registered my old charge 3 of which had no issues and the very same fault on logging food. Its the app not my phone or fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you have any luck with this? My calorie counter is the same. Also I add all my food in but it only totals 200 odd calories instead of 1000+. I've tried restarting the app, deleting and re-installing. Always seems to be some kind of issues with the fitibit or the app 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same if I enter food on the App it no longer updates across onto dashboard therefore I can't use Fitbit food log on ipad. 

Best Answer
Yes seems widespread, I updated on the website dashboard to correct yesterday. Reinstall made no difference.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I've tried the same steps but it didn't help me either. Sounds like
exactly the same problem. Not sure how we can get help direct from Fitbit?
Best Answer
0 Votes

same, any entries I log via apps are not updating to dashboard at all. Depending on my work situation I use Fitbit Apps across various platforms such as android phone, iPad and MacBook Air. Entries are not uploading to Dashboard food log, my training at gym is being recorded on Sense and yes it is uploading to dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have spoken to fitbit on webchat and they couldn't fix. So annoying isn't it 🙈. They said someone will contact me via email so if they give me a fix I will post it on here for you!

Best Answer
Yea, and I was doing so well at updating and tracking stuff - was helpful
to see red and blue days!

Hopefully they come back with a fix! Wonder whats caused it
Best Answer
0 Votes
I know me too! Only noticed yesterday but I feel lost not logging them today ha ha!

I'll let you know if they come back to me with a fix!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Started happening for me too after updating the app on the 24th. I can log stuff but it doesn't send it to the server, and because the server never gets it the totals and graphs don't get updated.

The water log still works OK.

They obviously forgot to test the food bit of the update before releasing it. I thought they would have reverted to the previous version by now.

Best Answer