Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

I'm beyond frustrated.  I have gone through a half dozen fitbits since 2016 and this is unacceptable.  Their fix made mine worse.

Best Answer

It seems that the app food data is not being uploaded to the Fitbit account (for reasons unknown).  Therefore, if you log out you lose the food data entered into the app, so when you log  back in, it's lost.

Unacceptable, but  seems to be how it's now (not) working.  Last October, when I  got my fitbit, the app was working just as expected.  rally nice. Then over the last few months, the Fitbit network account seems to be slowly dying.  They've acknowledged the problem, but no word on when it might be fixed.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately this isn't the issue I am having.

Best Answer

@LuxusElg I just noticed that the custom foods I recently entered have all been magically deleted. Any improvements in your situation? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last update is a total fubar. calories don't show on dashboard, detailed nutrition info is not calculating properly. When adding custom foods it will not accept any unit of measure except  1  Bar, nothing I try works. The web page works correctly from my computer.

Can anyone explain.

I have removed app, rebooted phone and re-added and it made matters worse, losing some of my foods I have added over the years, they are not recent adds.

Best Answer

I have the same problem. It's pretty frustrating. Do you have any estimate on when the next app version will be ready?

Thanks

Best Answer

Same here, lost a couple days worth of entries. But I FOUND A TEMPORARY SOLUTION. When I add my food intake using the web version of the food logger (at https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log), the information is synched both into the Fitbit servers and the Android app on my phone. I don't like the web version nearly as much as my phone app, but at least I don't lose it. At least not for the last couple days anyway.

Best Answer

I updated to premium hoping the interface with be better for logging food.  It is quirky and doesn't show food I logged on the dashboard dial.  I have to click in the actual day to see it.  This is very clunkly and needs to be improved so that the dials actually work.

Best Answer
Yes indeed
Best Answer

I've been a long-time user of Fitbit. However, I've started looking at alternatives now, and will likely completely switch platforms if this isn't fixed very soon. Tracking my calories accurately is nearly impossible at the moment, and I greatly depend on that feature. It seems ridiculous that a problem this widespread hasn't been fixed yet, and also that no one can give even a rough estimate of when to expect the fixed app. My consideration right now is to switch over to Garmin + MyFitnessPal. But I'm also still exploring Coros and other alternatives too.

Best Answer
Yes same here. Also not tracking steps lately and weather not reporting.
Best Answer
0 Votes

And calls and messages notifications  not working as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Garmin looks good. Been around for a long time. I am a FitBit user, I have the scale which is a problem too. I also have the Inspire 2 and the Sense, would love to switch between the two watches but the platform is very finicky. The Sense is advertised to last 6 days, it does not. I don't use all the features, it's on dim as well and I have to charge it in 2 days. Too much rebooting and reconnecting to Bluetooth, etc. It is really not nice paying for premium to get all this frustration.
Thanks fir sharing.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've only had problems with the used calories disappearing until now.  However, I forgot that there is also a problem with 'recent foods'.  I always found this to be convenient because often I may have the same thing a couple of days in a row.  Now, it's not recent foods listed, but things I haven't had in months.  There sure are a lot of fixes this new version will have to address.  No indication yet as to when it can be expected. 

Best Answer

This problem started again in latest update and other problems next fixed in the update. Each update seems to be a downgrade.

Best Answer
Agree
Best Answer

All was working fine on friday.
Went on a trip from Germany to the UK and me and my girlfriend have the problem as described here.
Browser page and phone app not syncing, adding food in browser sets intake to zero in the mobile phone app and this could not be remedied although all food recorded via mobile phone app is displayed. Bars in mobile phone app are also at zero when something was added in the browser.
Added food in the mobile app does not show in the browser.
And i only recently started again updating the app - i refrained for some time since every update is a gamble if something is not working anymore. 😞

Best Answer
So frustrating. You would expect it to be fixed by now. Obviously our
conversations about this problem don’t get through to apple as I keep on
getting new Fitbit devices advertised to me as if I’d want to buy another
one unless this problem is fixed
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same as each update makes matters worse. I've only had my versa 3 months so partly can't justify another new device, but if it's not sorted out rather quickly then next month I will buy a new device with Garmin already eyed up two devices and between charges is way better to.

What's lose it premium?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't believe we're still waiting for this to be fixed. Pathetic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes