Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

Unpopular opinion here (and believe me I'm just as annoyed by this as everyone else), BUT...

1. For all the people complaining because you paid or have premium - the food logging is part of the FREE app. So you didn't actually pay for this feature.

2. There IS a workaround for the issue - if you login to the website and log your food there, it works as expected. (Yes, this is super inconvenient - I don't always have my laptop with me and have to go back and add it later. But it does work.)

3. The last message I received from support on Twitter a couple days ago said they are still working to identify a resolution. So, they can't give us a timeframe for the fix BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FIX IS YET.

That being said, I really hope they get this fixed quickly. 

Best Answer

I just sent screenshots to the Fitbit Support Twitter account after asking why they can't fix app via tweet. Fingers crossed an answer soon!

Best Answer

As a paying Premium member, my expectation is that both the paid AND free features work as they're intended. Yes, I'm paying for extra features, which is why it's a double slap in the face when BASIC functionality is lacking.

FIT 👏 BIT 👏 FIX 👏 YOUR 👏 APP 👏

ZERO excuse for this issue languishing as long as it has been. And I don't buy that they haven't identified the cause yet; it's just not a Google / Fitbit priority.

Best Answer
I've done that.. Basically, after suggesting that I may not be entering
data correctly,(been doing for years with no problem) they admitted they
were aware of the problem!
Best Answer

I think I speak for all of us when I say: "WHEN???"

Best Answer

Good question. Received response from Fitbit Support Twitter account and they claim there is a version 3.60 which I could not find in Play store or in link they provided. WTH??

Best Answer

I got 3.60 (android) on June 7. It was identified as a bug fix, but it did not fix the bug in my case.

Best Answer
Good idea
Best Answer

Its not a matter of paying for a feature, its giving money to a company that is treating such a large issue so poorly. Once again we get a generic copy pasted response from a mod. I understand its taking time to find the issue but weeks and lack of announcing this IS an issue is pretty unacceptable. Many other threads have been made about this bug not just on this site alone. I adore my watch and use the calorie tracking daily, i do just want a genuine response and fix. 😞

Best Answer

Just to add to this litany these complaints, I noticed a few days ago that the daily water counters were also not working.  Yesterday I made sure some 3 cups of water were entered and showing in the app for the day.  Then today, sure enough, yesterday's water count was missing.  Accordingly to fitbit, I haven't drank any water for the last week (at least), even though I'd been entering it daily.  This whole issue has steadily been getting worse.  A month ago content was intermittently not getting uploaded/received from  the app to FitBit.   Now it's no longer intermittent.  Seems like no content food wise from the app is being processed and other than acknowledgments from this forum's moderators, FitBit seems completely silent on the issue.  I'm currently on the one  year  initial evaluation  period.  If this continues,  I will not become a paying customer when this evaluation period ends.  For the moderators, please pass all these messages onto the company president or board.  Fitbit is going  to be history if they choose to keep ignoring their customers like this.

Best Answer

Everything on my Android syncs from the app to the laptop dashboard EXCEPT food.  Any foods I log on the phone do not show up on the laptop dashboard.  At the end of each day, I have to get the laptop and record what I ate for the day. Interestingly, whatever I record on the laptop does sync back to the app.  While that is a workaround, it is not the way the app should work.  I would imagine this should not be rocket science for skilled programmers to correct.  After all, it worked when I first installed the app.  Why did it suddenly stop performing properly?  As it seems to be taking months to correct this issue, like others before me, I would like to make a suggestion.  Why not assist customers (free and paid) by going back in history to when the app did work.  That way, at least customers have a working app while coders fix whatever the issue is.  PLEASE fix this problem.  Thank you.

Best Answer

I just cancelled the auto renewal on my premium subscription. I've pretty much given up at this point on any kind of a timely resolution. If they can't get things right when a basic feature stops working, what hope do I really have if a premium feature were to suddenly stop working? I'm not taking the risk. 

Best Answer

The last couple of weeks, any time I try to create a new custom food in the log, no matter what unit of measurement I enter, after I create the food it shows "1" with a blank drop down in the UOM area. When I go into edit mode, it says "1 bar."  When I correct the values in the edit screen, they do not save and it reverts back to the same "1."

I've deleted and recreated multiple times.  I've tried entering the value first, then selecting the UOM.  I've tried selecting the UOM first then entering the value.  Makes no difference.

My old custom foods are unaffected and still show the correct UOM.  It's only items I've tried to create recently.

And I've already tried all the standard quick fixes... cleared cache, force quits, logged out and back in, rebooted the device

Best Answer

Hi LizzyFitbit as this fix happened yet as mine is still broken I have: ap version 3.59.1 and android version 12??? I am constanly losing data that doesn't sync and the data showing in the app for food is inaccurate.

Best Answer

Hi I've been experiencing this issue off and on for the last few weeks I thought it was resolved until it started again 2 days ago, and I too rely adding food in my fitbit to help with calories and carbs since I'm diabetic and rely in the info to help with giving of shots throughout my days so this issue is extremely inconvenient and I would have expected it corrected by now since it does effect so many users. 

Like you I've Uninstaller and reinstalled my app, updated my os on my phone I've reset my fitbit as well and none of these steps have helped fixed the situation that is happening, it's quite disappointing and distressing. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

I'm happy to let you know that the Fitbit app version 3.60 has been fully released and this issue should be resolved. If you haven't done so, please go to the Play Store and make sure to update the Fitbit app.

I truly appreciate your patience and don't hesitate to let me know if the issue still persists, that way I can provide this feedback to our team.

Best Answer

Can't find it in the app store (Android - Italy). Why? 

Best Answer

That's interesting. Some people say that they've already received the 3.60 update, and that it did not solve the issue(s). I have yet to see the update. But I'll share my experience with the update when it comes my way.

Best Answer

Just looked there is no new update available in the Google Play store so can you confirm if a fix was done for Android.

Best Answer

I'm  in the US and just checked the Play Store.  Last update still May 22.  Please check and see when this update is expected to be posted to the Play Store.

Thanks

Best Answer