Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I'm happy to share with you that this issue has been fixed with the 3.63 version. If you haven't done so, I'd recommend updating the Fitbit app on your Android devices. As mentioned before, make sure your phone meets the compatibility requirements in order to receive updates.

I'm going to close this thread. However, if by any chance you're having issues after this update, please start a new thread in the Help Forums. This will help us to prevent any confusion and keep the forums organized.

I truly appreciate your patience and feedback throughout this process. We'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

I'm experiencing the same or at least a similar issue. I use quick calories to enter the number as calculated in another app. Until yesterday, this worked fine. Now when I add my calories it doesn't show up. Then hours later all of my attempts to add calories may show and I have ro go back and delete the duplicates. This is really throwing off my routine. 

Best Answer

Same, I have a Versa 2. I came on here trying to figure out if it was device issue or app issue. I was thinking of just getting a newer model since I have had this one for a while but if it’s a app issue then a new one might not matter. 

Best Answer

This is the same issue I've had for past few days. I am using the quick add for my cals and its not updating straight away. Its really frustrating as I rely on it to tell me exactly where I am so I know what I've got left in my budget to eat. I'm having to write things down! 

Best Answer

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue; exact same thing. Quick calories don't show up until long after i've tried to re-enter them, and then I have to delete the duplicates. Hopefully someone will respond to this thread with a solution!

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. This is in addition to the same persistent stupid problem with quantities reverting to the default whenever I try to change them. The app is becoming increasingly unusable.

Best Answer

Yep I'm also having the same issue. Like others here the calorie log in feature is the one I use the most. I had the issue escalated when I contacted customer support but they seem clueless. Crossing my fingers!

Best Answer

I am having the same exact issue, started just this week and I've done the same things to try to fix it. Sometimes the calories show up hours later, sometimes they don't show up at all.

Best Answer

Started this week on my Sense with Android app.  Sometimes have had to force stop app and restart phone a few times.  That isn't even working today.  

Best Answer

When we use the Quick Add Calories feature on either of our phones it is not logging the calories. On both phones we have cleared the cache, rebooted, uninstalled, etc.  Is there a software issue with this, or is it just us?

Best Answer

Hi.  Just chiming in that the same thing has been happening to me for about a week now.  I just updated the app tonight, May 1st, but it doesn't seem to have fixed the issue.  Shows accurately on fitbit.com dashboard.  😕

Best Answer

I am having the same issues. When I try to add manually on the app I get variable glitches before the calories disappear. Sometimes they show up and then disappear, sometimes they don't show up at all, and sometimes they randomly appear hours later and add to the total calorie count. The manual add worked fine a few days again (it's what I mostly use) and then just started randomly glitching. 

--------

Adding my voice to this. I am having the same issues. I mostly have problems with the quick add not showing up or just randomly showing up hours later. 

Best Answer

Affecting me too.

Any news from the Fitbit boffins?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also effecting me. Has been for around two weeks I think.

Most of the time it has been adding the calories, just hours later as @succubus stated. But lately it doesn't seem to be adding them at all.

Best Answer

Seems to work if adding a Custom Food.

Otherwise it is a nuisance.

Thanks for starting this thread

----------

Followed the fitbit advice to uninstall and reinstall but it did not fix the issue.

Nobody seems interested in providing a fix....unusual 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue also. Quick add calories generally disappear as soon as they're added and show up again later.

Best Answer
Am saving all items on Custom foods and saving them that way.

Tedious but it saves and helps me to recall my food input

Hope they read this stuff and fix it. PU
Best Answer

Same issue, log just disappears and shows I've consumed 0 calories for the day.

Best Answer
Try recording calorie input using Custom Foods option....seems to retain
that information.

Fitbit relies on data collection so am hoping they fix this soon.
Best Answer

As temporary fix, once you manually add in the app, you can sync and see your changes by going on the website version of the dashboard to see the updated numbers.

Best Answer
0 Votes