Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app won't let me to log in

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app asked me to log in, I enter my email and password, it says invalid email or password, I've tried to send a reset e-mail and get the message "Fitbit.com is unavailable.  Please try again later"  No problem logging on to the web application (pretty sure that app and web have same password).  Phone is a galaxy S8 running Android V9

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had the same issue this week ...can login to website etc via pc but when i try to login with App nothing happens. It just sits there with your login details etc.....but afters hours of messing with phone settings I got it resolved. I followed an excellent guide from a previous message (by LokeAa.....thanks) but there was one extra step I had to do...

"Phone Settings" :

•   Connections → More Connections  → VPN If any VPN is listed, remove it, or set it to "none"
  • Connections → More Connections  → Private DNS Set it to "Automatic", or "None"

My settings were already as per the above but the extra step was to actually change them to what they SHOULDN'T BE THEN CHANGE THEM BACK to the above...especially the DNS part.(try DNS change first)

This worked for me after I done the above..

Before this I tried reloading app, clearing cache and all the other unnecessary stuff...no joy!

I hope this helps someone else.

Best of luck!!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Hi there @mgl68, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided and for already sending the reset email suggestion. I'll be helping you to get access to your account.

Since this shouldn't happen, I'd recommend to try the following steps:

1. On your phone's settings, tap on Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  2. Then go back one screen and tap on force stop.
  3. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app from the Play store.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and try to log in one more time.

Give this a go and let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Worked!!  Thanks

Best Answer

Hey @mgl68, I'm glad to hear that the steps recommended worked. 😉

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you. I had not been using my Flex2 since lockdown mid march. I am finally back out and about and working after 155 days. Mask wearing, following all the guidelines. It's good to have the update service back on my phone. Bravo!

Best Answer

Hi there @tgb25nld, welcome on board. 😉 I'm glad to hear you're back in business after 5 months of lockdown due to the recent events affecting us worldwide. Feels so good start moving and being back to our routines. 

Wish you the best now you're back on track. Be safe and take care! 

Best Answer

Hello I'm having the same issue with my Fitbit Charge 5.

I tried all the steps you mentioned and the app still won't let me log in.

I am using Android version 12 

Anything further I should try? 

Screenshot_20220331-120234_Fitbit.jpg

Moderator Edit:  Merged posts

Best Answer

Hi there, @Jbrew2020. Thanks for stopping by and for the image attached. 

I recommend checking if you have turned on "Set automatically" for date and time on your phone: open your Android settings > tap General > tap Date & Time > and then toggle "Set Automatically" on. You can find additional tips for Android phones at What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android phone?

Have you tried to use another device to log in or a different WiFi? If the issue persists, try to force stop the Fitbit app on your phone: Settings > Applications > find the app > select it > select Force stop. 

You can confirm the steps to reset your password at How do I reset my Fitbit password?

Hope that helps. 

Best Answer

I tried this. Still not working. I also tried another android phone and that didn't work either. Any other ideas? If I can't fix the issue soon I'm going to send the Fitbit back. 

Best Answer

@Jbrew2020 I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem exactly. I followed the same steps and it didn't work. 

What should I do? 😔

Best Answer

Same issue, followed your steps AND contacted Chat. can get in the web version, not the app, and I guess I need the app for the watch to cut on. HELP!

Best Answer

Hi Marre! I tried this and it is not working. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

Fitbit app has so many issues and every answer is the same. I'm tired of resetting phone, watch etc. Did anyone at fitbit think of hiring a Computer Geek tht can fix it once and for all? guess not, they love to give redundant answers constantly

Best Answer

This must be a common occurrence today -- I cannot log into mine either. I tried the steps above more than once. HELP!

Best Answer

I'm on Android 11 and the login screen keeps on looping to log-in, log-in, log-in

Best Answer

Nothing works. Fitbit needs to update their app. No one should need to constantly force stop uninstall; install, reboot phone and whatever other excuse they can think of to frustrate us. Just hire a computer geek and fix the app once and for all. Stop with the hundreds of swipe screen advice. READ THIS.....WHEN THE SCREEN IS SO DARK YOU ARE UNABLE TO SWIP THE **ahem** WATCH TO MAKE IT BRIGHTER...................BECAUSE IT'S SO DARK NO ONE CAN SEE OR READ IT. Why is this issue so difficult for Fitbit workers to understand? I'm going to give up and when I get the money I'll buy a tracker that actually works. I'm angry and I'm done.

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the newcomers. Thanks for reaching out regarding the Fitbit. I have seen this reported lately. Did you try logging over the Fitbit.com website? This will allow to confirm if the issue is with the app or accessing the account altogether. I was able to log out and then back into my account just now. Sometimes there are servers that are under maintenance for a short period and the data on those servers cannot be accessed. I would suggest you to try it over the website and if it works, please give it a moment and then try again on the Fitbit app. 

Please also make sure that your Fitbit app is up to date. Open the Google Play Store and look for the Fitbit app. If there is an update, please proceed with it and then try logging in again. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

having exactly the same issue, i managed to connect on a samsung galaxy S22 ultra but cant connect on an A52, i have already done EVERYTHING that is recommended, your app is faulty

Best Answer

Same problem 

Best Answer