Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app won't let me to log in

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app asked me to log in, I enter my email and password, it says invalid email or password, I've tried to send a reset e-mail and get the message "Fitbit.com is unavailable.  Please try again later"  No problem logging on to the web application (pretty sure that app and web have same password).  Phone is a galaxy S8 running Android V9

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

@SamuelGy @lfelks Welcome to the forums.

@lfelks Thanks for the explanation. What exactly is everything that you have tried? Thanks in advance. I suggest you delete the app and install it again.

@SamuelGy I am sorry to read you are experiencing the same issue. Which smartphone do you have? Did you try logging into your account on the Fitbit.com website? 

Please make sure that your Fitbit app is up to date. Open the Google Play Store and look for the Fitbit app. If there is an update, please proceed with it and then try logging in again. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I found out.

the issue is that the app doesn't work on my phone because it is not a supported device. mine is Xiaomi brand and I think the app only supports whichever run the apps 😂

Best Answer

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am having the same issue

Best Answer

@Macker11 Thanks for the reply. 

That is correct, the issue seems to affect the Flip/Fold devices only. It is also affecting connections with Bluetooth speakers. A user shared the experience with the car´s Bluetooth. This is a general Bluetooth connection issue after the update. Once I find the link to the thread to confirm, I will share it here. This has been reported and a solution is already in the works. Thanks for your patience. 

Have a nice day!

Best Answer
Hi, thanks for contacting me.

My android version is 13 running on a samsung S21 Ultra 5G
I have tried it on another identical model, and it is working so it must be some configuration or setting that is causing the app to not go any further after validating the login.

What do you mean by location?

John
Best Answer

@AnnawonJohn 

Try these steps in "Phone Settings" :

•   Connections → More Connections  → VPN If any VPN is listed, remove it, or set it to "none"
  • Connections → More Connections  → Private DNS Set it to "Automatic", or "None"
Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
My settings match what you have suggested.The login is validated, it tells me when the password is incorrect. When correct a please wait pops up for 1-2 seconds and then it goes away, leaving the Login screen with password still filled in.Thanks for the suggested settings check.John
Best Answer

@AnnawonJohn , ok, sounds like a problem  with permissions..Long press the Fitbit icon on your phone, and tap "Info" → "Permissions". Verify all permissions are granted. Go one step back and tap "Open as standard" Toggle "Open supported links" to "On".

Best Answer
Was able to grant permissions but could not find the "open as standard" setting mentioned. Still nothing after login is tried.Thanks for the suggestionsJohn
Best Answer

@AnnawonJohn 

English version maybe "Default"?

Anyway, when you are in "Permissions", tap "Back arrow" in upper left corner

1.png

The setting  you are looking for is below "Languages"

2.png

3.png

Best Answer
Found it.Under defaults, above language, set as defaultIt was toggled on. Also tried English and system default for language.John
Best Answer

@AnnawonJohn , hm, it has to be some settting, I am running out of ideas. I am thiinking password imismatch. Open chrome on your phone. Tap the three dots in upper right corner, Tap settings,  tap passwords, is the password stored for fitbitmobile.fitbit.com the same as the one you are entering?

Best Answer
Chrome was not syncing accounts so I turned it on with no luck.Password for fitbit was correct but there was no fitbitmobile.fitbit.com account listed.I will keep lookingJohn
Best Answer

I having the same issue...getting really fed up with fitbit and the lack of support

Best Answer

Apparently three years later this is still happening. I cannot log in on my cell phone. Log in fine on my laptop and PC but not on the phone. I followed the instructions above , twice. Nope. I am about done with fitbit

Best Answer

I had the same issue this week ...can login to website etc via pc but when i try to login with App nothing happens. It just sits there with your login details etc.....but afters hours of messing with phone settings I got it resolved. I followed an excellent guide from a previous message (by LokeAa.....thanks) but there was one extra step I had to do...

"Phone Settings" :

•   Connections → More Connections  → VPN If any VPN is listed, remove it, or set it to "none"
  • Connections → More Connections  → Private DNS Set it to "Automatic", or "None"

My settings were already as per the above but the extra step was to actually change them to what they SHOULDN'T BE THEN CHANGE THEM BACK to the above...especially the DNS part.(try DNS change first)

This worked for me after I done the above..

Before this I tried reloading app, clearing cache and all the other unnecessary stuff...no joy!

I hope this helps someone else.

Best of luck!!

Best Answer

This doesn't work. I have tried it multiple times and still to this day am unable to log back into the app.

Best Answer

Thanks but didn't work. Continue to get message "fitbit.com is unavailable. Please try again later." Can log in to fitbit.com on laptop but that's no help with syncing data from fitbit. Am using a charge 3 on a Huawei P20 version 10 phone. This all happened after i uninstalled the Fitbit app on my phone as I was having some issues with the Fitbit. Ever since I've reinstalled appp, this message appears.. HELP PLEASE!

tried all this with no success

Best Answer

It has been three weeks since I have been unsuccessful in logging into the app. I have talked to customer service twice with the same result and no one can assist. This is quite annoying. No one has addressed my concern here either. This is utterly ridiculous! 

Best Answer

@Jcla I am glad to read everything is working now. @LokeAa Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. 

Welcome to the newcomers. Thanks for reaching out about logging in into your account via the Fitbit app. I appreciate the explanation. 

This is not a usual situation. First of all I would like to know which smartphone you have. Second, I would like to know what exactly is shown on screen when you attempt to log in? "Fitbit.com unavailable" or does it only load endlessly?

Please make sure that the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. I would also try another internet connection. If you are using a WiFi network, please try using your mobile data. Have you also tried another smartphone? That way we can being to rule out possible factors that could be affecting the login process. 

Best Answer