Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app won't let me to log in

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app asked me to log in, I enter my email and password, it says invalid email or password, I've tried to send a reset e-mail and get the message "Fitbit.com is unavailable.  Please try again later"  No problem logging on to the web application (pretty sure that app and web have same password).  Phone is a galaxy S8 running Android V9

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Hi @xenite, welcome to the Community. 

Thanks @Guy_, for the help here. In this case, as Guy mentioned, there is a thread in which we are taking care of the situation. With that in mind, I'll merge this thread with that one in order to keep things in order. 

If you can, try the steps recommended before and let us know how things are going.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't work at all. I contacted fitbit and they said there is a problem with merging fitbit and google account. They said they were aware and working on it. Few hours later they sent an app update and logging in using Google login added to the app and I managed to log in. 

Best Answer
Hi team,

Looks like the update was only just rolled out to the Google play store,
I've been religiously checking but it just became available today.

Downloaded and my issue is fixed, thanks for everyone's attention!

Would suggest to fitbit that they roll out updates for critical issues a
bit sooner to prevent this

Cheers
Claire
Best Answer

@RoseClash - thanks for the confirmation here, can you specify which version works for you and on which platform (Android or iOS) so others can follow.

You can edit your last post to add the information.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Android 20 June 2023 update

Version 3.84.fitbit-mobile - 38452041- 540998490

Best Answer

Screenshot_20230622_170946.jpg

Screenshot_20230622_170841_Settings.jpg

Best Answer

@RoseClash- thanks for the info, the update to 3.83.1 was released 16 June, it may have taken a while to be available to you and as you may have had an older version that could have been the cause of the login problem. Glad it's fixed.

It seems there is a newer one, 3.84, already coming but not yet visible for everyone.

The place to check What's changed in the latest release of the Fitbit app?  does not seem to be updated since February.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you guys so much for the updates and your participation in this thread, it is really appreciated.

I'm glad to hear the issue is being solved by updating the last Fitbit app version. As a recommendation, you can try to keep an eye on our Android and iOS boards. Here we post a reminder of the latest version available depending on your device's OS. You can always find this post at the top of each board. 

We are going to keep taking care of the situation. If something changes, we will let you know. 

Best Answer

I'm still unable to login to app. I have reinstalled the app, cleared cache, and did everything proposed in this thread - without success. Honor 70 FNE-NX9, Android 12, fitbit 3.83.1

Best Answer

Struggling with the same issue. Can log in on the computer but not the app. Did everything -VPN tip, reinstall, reboot phone, clear cache, force close, you name it.

When I try to log into the app, I get: "Check your details are correct. If you moved Fitbit to your Google account, go back and sign in with Google."

This is incredibly frustrating.

Android 13. Fitbit version 3.84.

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same issue and followed ask the same steps. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue and did all the suggested steps to fix it. I have a Samsung S20+. My FB account was moved to Google. I can login via web but not app after reinstalling it. Before reinstalling it, the app greyed out and would not sync for 2hrs.

Best Answer

I tried this and it didn't work for me. Do you have any other suggestions?

Best Answer

Hey mate, still having this issue?

Apologies if you have already done it, but what happens when you go to the play store? Is there an update for fitbit available?

Cheers

Claire

Best Answer