Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app won't open

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This problem started while using my old phone (Oppo F1s - 2017) and has now continued even after I purchased a new phone (Oppo A57 - 2017 - Android version 6.0.1). After downloading the app it opens once, however, the next time I try to open it I get a blank white screen. Nothing happens, the app does not open so you cannot force it to close. The only way to access the app is if I delete and reinstall it. Very frustrating, I'm about to sell my fitbit and find another device. 

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68
We don’t have the same phone. I can turn my phone all the way off for 10 to 15 minutes, and that fixes the problem, but mine is an I-phone. Good luck, I hope you can fix it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I had previously had a fitbit and got locked out so I've bought a new one and the site will still not me in. Any ideas please.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow I've had that problem before. If you have a new one, maybe make a whole
new account. That's all I can think of.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all these steps and it still won't open. I have been happily using the app with my Inspire HR since last July. 2 weeks ago I noticed the time on my Inspire HR was not in sync with my phone. Without checking anything much, I just reinstalled the app. After that the app worked fine for a few days. Now it won't open even after I've tried the suggested steps 😞

Best Answer
Maybe try calling the fitbit services/company and ask them.
How old is your phone, I've heard some people say their phone is getting
too old for the app to function properly. Cause I do find that weird that
you reinstalled the app and it worked fine for a few days, and now it's not
again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is just about 18 months old.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok cool, that certainly can't be the problem then.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thank you for your participation in the forums and for sharing your experiences.

I appreciate everyone's efforts to resolve the issue with Fitbit app not opening, sharing the solutions and tips to help other users. Our team has recently released a new version of the Fitbit app. Please make sure you have downloaded the new version by following these instructions

I also recommend checking if you have "Automatic date and time" setting turned on your phone. On your phone, go to Settings > Date and Time and turn on "Automatic date and time". 

Keep me posted on the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did these steps and the app still won’t open. It just keeps closing, I don’t even see a white screen or anything. Help! Thank you!

Best Answer