Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit isn't syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the s9+ and Inspire HR. It has not synced since Tuesday AM and hasn't tracked my sleep since Sunday. My Fitbit is charged, I am connected to WiFi, Bluetooth has been turned on and off several times and my Fitbit  is the only paired device, both phone  and Fitbit are updated. I don't know what else to do. I really want my sleep tracking back!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hi, I  have S9 and Flex2 and from today it won't sync. I tried to delete and re-add as new device but it absolutely won't find the Flex2. It is only about 2 months old and is my third fitbit in 5 years so I know all about linking devices.

Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have a Galaxy S9 and an Ionic and it won't sync since Tuesday (30 July) 4:47 AM. I have tried everything down to uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app. But nothing has helped. I have had a Fitbit for 4,5 years and I have always managed to solve sync issues before.

Best Answer

I have the same issue with my samsung a70 and my Alta. No sync since 30/07 21:32 London time

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try restarting the phone and tracker. 

Remove the tracker from the phones Bluetooth 

Check for phone updated and Fitbit updates. 

Clear the Fitbit app cache. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I've done all those except clearing the Fitbit cache.

How do I do that?

Regards,

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Wgpitt.

You can find the cache in the App menu of your phone, under Fitbit and then memory. That where mine is.

Phone setting/Apps/Fitbit/memory

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything on this list.

I switched off and on my bluetooth, restarted phone and tracker.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app, my alta was up to date. I unlinked it from my account and now, when I want to connect it to the app/account, the app finds the tracker, send the code on it and then cannot find the tracker anymore. It's pure nonsense. 

Best Answer

Thanks, mine is under storage rather than memory.

Done, I'll give trying to link it another try.

Regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed, I've yet to connect the Fitbit to any device. Tried iPad, Galaxy Tab. It seems to be sleeping.

Regards,
Bill Pitt

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have done exactly as you and have the exact same outcome. 

I even took last drastic measure and did the factory reset, now it doesn't even show time, unfortunately...

I will send an email to Fitbit support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys, thanks for your participation in the Community.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this syncing issue before contacting us. If you are having syncing problems, I recommend taking a look at the help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and follow the instructions provided there.

Also, I suggest if your phones are compatible by checking the article: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?.

Let me know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. 

My phone is actually not on that list but it was working fine before the app update... Did the list change following that app?

Best Answer

Good idea, Fitbit support are actively looking at the problem for mine.

Regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response @Lisebeth, as you've mentioned, many users have been able to sync without any problem even if the device is not currently compatible, however, at the moment it can't be guaranteed that it'll always work properly if the phone has been included on the list. 

If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch, but we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

Some users have been able to sync after following the steps listed in this article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Thank you for this update as well @Wgpitt.  

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @DavideFitbit 

I looked at these links already. And tried several times to follow the instructions. 

But I still cannot connect my tracker to my phone. 

The trackers works well,and I keep using it as it is a good tool for me to know if I make progress or not and if I do too much or not, as I have chronical illnesses.

Every day, I still try to link my tracker to my phone. But, without fail, the app finds the tracker, send the code on it, and once I enter the code in the app, it doesn't find the tracker anymore....

It is very frustrating as I cannot recordmy data, or join challenges with my friends without a tracker linked to the app....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Fitbit replaced my defective Flex2.

Regards,

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply @Lisebeth

I also hope that it's possible for Fitbit to include other models in the list of compatible devices as soon as possible, this would indeed benefit many users who have reported problems with notifications and syncing. Unfortunately at the moment we haven't received other updates and there's no specific time frame for this to happen. Thank you again for sharing your feedback about compatibility. 

Thank you for sharing your experience with this as well @Wgpitt

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

@Lisebeth wrote:

Thanks. 

My phone is actually not on that list but it was working fine before the app update... Did the list change following that app?

If your Fitbit is syncing fine you should never update the app, that's the number one cause of syncing problems. Try connecting your Fitbit through your pc with the Bluetooth dongle that came with your Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me. S9+  last sync 2 a.m. yesterday.  Disconnected. Uninstalled app.  Re installed. Followed all instructions in "help"

Nothing.  Looking at others issues, responses seem to point to devices that may not be compatible.  Same phone    Same flex, for 2 years  Just stopped. Its not us.

Best Answer