Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit with Samsung Gear Watches

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm toying with the idea of getting one of those new Samsung Gear watches for more formal events (my Charge HR won't cut it).

I'm wondering if there is a way to have the steps logged by the Gear automatically show up in my Fitbit dashboard. I want to continue using it because that's where I have everything stored for quite some time now.

Is there an app or a way of syncing the Gear data into Fitbit?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You cannot sync another brand tracker directly with your Fitbit account. Here is a list of campatible app. If the Samsung app can sync with any of them you might be able to get your data into your Fitbit account that way.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

You cannot sync another brand tracker directly with your Fitbit account. Here is a list of campatible app. If the Samsung app can sync with any of them you might be able to get your data into your Fitbit account that way.

Best Answer

I think this will work 🙂

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would be interested to know how you used this list of apps to work! Thanks

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @tysonherrick!

I'm afraid I didn't quite understand your questions. Could you please expand a bit upon what is it that you need? I'll be happy to assist you.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you use the Samsung Gear S3 and sync it with your FitBit account?

Best Answer

Hello @ZFamilia.

The Samsung Gear 3 cannot sync with Fitbit directly in any way. Only Fitbit Devices can connect with Fitbit at the moment, but you could potentially sync it to a third-party app and then have that app connected to your Fitbit account, if such connection exists.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
Thank you! We are avid FitBit Blaze users but recently receive the Gear S3
free from a Samsung promotion. We wanted to see if we use it can it sync.
Thank you for the info.
Best Answer
Thank you! We are avid FitBit Blaze users but recently receive the Gear S3
free from a Samsung promotion. We wanted to see if we use it can it sync.
Thank you for the info.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @ZFamilia.

You're very welcome! I could definitely see how it could be used but Fitbit's devices are better suited to work with Fitbit's own enviroment. Like I mentioned, perhaps you could look into services compatible with the Gear and then see if they can be connected to Fitbit.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions or there is anything that I can help you with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully they will make it easier to sync samsung gear s3 to fitbit cause I have gone through 6 fitbits. Charge, charge 2, and blaze. Poor quality on fitbit. 

Best Answer

Hello @Jetter79, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Regarding the compatibility of the Gear 3 please refer to the previous replies from @LanuzaFitbit for more details about this subject.

I appreciate your understanding while we work to improve the Fitbit experience, and encourage you to let us know if you have any additional feedback on this and other features.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I agree 100%. I've been through 3 myself and won't spend my money on another one.  Just made the switch to the Gear S3.

Best Answer

Not sure I see a definitive answer on this, but I have found this.  You can connect Samsung Health to MyFitnessPal and that connects to Fitbit.

Best Answer

I just got the Samsung S3, and I have been able to connect Samsung Health to myfitnesspal, then to fitbit. But my step count will not populate to the fitbit dashboard. Everything else transfers. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Best Answer

Hi Lanuza,

Is fitbit going to allow other devices to connect. I have seen Jawbone, S Health and Fitbit Systems and rate fight the best app for tracking and measuring all I would like to see, but even the high end Blaze did not meet all of my needs for a watch and app device. 

So I have changed to a more sophisticated device, now although this helps close the other gaps, I really miss the fitbit app and interface to my sleep data, exercise data and other fitbit excellent features. 

I have past on my old blaze to my son and continue advocating fitbit devices to those that don't what such high end devices like mine. But wonder why you don't allow non fitbit devices to use your interface. 

Best Answer

Nothing wrong with samsung.  fitbit won't make steps available to friends using other apps but will let the other apps add step 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with me, i bought the ionic and two weeks later the touch screen, barometer and vibration all stopped working. I took it back and bought the Gear S3 but i have to admit the fitbit app is far better and i wish i could find a way to sync them.

Best Answer
Hi Rogue1s,

I was lucky my Fitbit Blaze worked very well and I grew to love the app.
But the Blaze, although top of the Fitbit line back then, had its
limitations.

There are a few that can sync fitbit data and S Health on both sides, but
none too a complete job and none do it to a level that makes the app worth
of its design.

I need the Gear S3 to be able to read the data straight from the device.
Best Answer

Awesome news! Thank you for giving a clear answer!

Best Answer