Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit with Samsung Gear Watches

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm toying with the idea of getting one of those new Samsung Gear watches for more formal events (my Charge HR won't cut it).

I'm wondering if there is a way to have the steps logged by the Gear automatically show up in my Fitbit dashboard. I want to continue using it because that's where I have everything stored for quite some time now.

Is there an app or a way of syncing the Gear data into Fitbit?

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

I agree. I had a fitbit hr. And have a blaze and had the ionic. Which I'm sorry but was the worst watch they put out.

Tons of issues and replacements were I said I am done. So I ordered a Samsung gear s2. See how this works out. I love the fitbit app how everything is all bundled but to attempt to make a smart watch just to compete with apple was a big gamble. And yall went for broke. I'll switch back when fitbit refines the watches maybe another year or two 

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Sorry for the delay. 

At this point in time we do not have anything to announce on the matter. If at any point there are news about a connection like this, we'll be sure and happy to let everyone know about it. 

Maybe you could visit our Feature Suggestions board and then look for integrations that you'd like to see and support them by voting or commenting, or you could straight up create one if you can't find the one that you'd like to see. Be sure to read the FAQ before posting, please.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am about to purchase the samsung S3. I really hope I don't have to wear two watches!! People may think I am crazy! Fitbit plz make it easier!

Best Answer
Hi Gotmonn (Jogger),

That all depends on what you purchasing the Samsung S3 for?

Hopefully just as a watch and not as a fitness tracker. As a fitness
tracker my personal opinion Samsung is useless.

Heart rate is very inaccurate during sporting events. Floor counter has no
accuracy at all, steps is inaccurate. Can't adjust for which arms it's on.

Only syncs to Samsung Health which limited to to only display on your phone
and watch itself. No webpage. Graphs are all mostly summaries.

After buying Samsung to replace my Fitbit Blaze I was very disappointed in
the fitness side. As a watch and tech device very good (although battery
life is poor) and looks the part, but fitness not the best. I want back to
Fitbit and bought a Charge 2 to get back my accurate fitness data.

Thanks,

Alan
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am pretty happy with my S2 which I have had since it's release. For about 4 months I used the fit bit and the watch at the same time and I found them to be very close in measuring just about everything. As for the battery, I leave mine on all the time, even when I sleep. I only charge it for about 30 mins while I shower and get dressed for work and it's never gone dead on me yet, except for a couple of times I forgot to put it on the charger. My only complaint was syncing to fitbit website.

Anthony E. Ward
Software Engineer II | Bluetooth Special Interest Group, Inc.
Best Answer
Thank you Alan! I really want a smart watch. I have a samsung phone so want
to be able to sync them otherwise I would get the apple watch I have heard
good things!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tested and used almost all of the watches personally and as part of my job, and I find the Samsung Watch to be excellent. The S2 is great, but the S3 adds a small speaker and mic and you can take call right on the phone. The S3 also has a bit better battery life, upgraded scratch resistance, embedded GPS and is slightly bulkier. But, at twice the price, does pose a dilemma. All things considered, if I have neither, I'd get the S3, but if I had the S2, I don't feel the need to upgrade just yet. By the way, S3 is also iOS compatible... Not sure about the S2.

Anthony W.
Best Answer

Thank you! Pretty sure I am gonna get the S3!

Best Answer

Hello @Gotmonn@Jackmouve and @AlanVI.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and experience.

Please remember to try and keep discussions useful, on-topic and moving forward. There are boards where you can have more casual conversations. Maybe you can look into our Discussion boards.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone have the s4 and try to sync?  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kc2fht.

Are you referring to the Galaxy S4 phone? Are you experiencing any issues with it at the moment? If so, please provide us with more details as to what is going on. Be sure to follow the steps in this article if you have having syncing issues with your Fitbit and your phone.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The new s4 watch. Love the fitbit but looking for more. Don't want to
loose my challenges.
Best Answer

Hello @Kc2fht.

Thanks for reaching back and clarifying. 

In this case it is not possible to sync those with Fitbit in any way. Only Fitbit devices can sync with your Fitbit account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, now it is either fitbit or samsung. Fitbit should write an api
between various watches apple samsung, more of the top end watches. You
could even charge a nominal fee. Unfortunatly the fitbit line is not up
with the others yet. Just an idea

Chris
Best Answer

Hello @Kc2fht.

Maybe you could post about it in our Feature Suggestions board. Other users could then comment and vote on your idea to show their support. Be sure to read the FAQ if you have any questions on how that board works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my gear 3, and very sad that I can no longer do challenges with my friends on Fitbit...help please

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @PMSlade.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. 

At this moment we do not have anything to announce on the matter but maybe you could post about it in our Feature Suggestions board. That way other users could comment and vote on the idea to show their support. If you do, be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have heard you can manually enter your steps on the fit bit app. Looks
like you can bring Fitbit to google but that is all I have seen. Very
disappointing. Sorry I can not help more.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply. Nut can you tell me Joe to do that. I am wearing both right now.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am thinking about the same thing! 

I'm not finding anything helpful.. but I have years of data I don't want to lose on Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes