Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floors not accurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday the floor count was incorrect. I was walking on a treadmill and the floor count kept going up.  Today the floor count isn't registering at all.  The battery is at the 70-85% range these two days.   I've only had the Charge 2 for one month.  Not happy with its reliability.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @hennis001, good to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! Floors are calculate based on atmospheric pressure. Atmospheric pressure decreases with increasing elevation, so the tracker calculates elevation gain based on the reduction in atmospheric pressure from the techy side.

Occasionally your tracker may detect pressure changes unrelated to elevation gains, such as a gust of wind, weather change, or opening a door. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors being counted. This happens if the pathway to the altimeter on the back of your tracker becomes temporarily blocked with sweat or water. Just make sure to clean your tracker to make sure this is not the reason of the erroneous floor count. For more details please visit: Wear & Care.

To remove additional floors please follow the steps from this post.

If the tracker is not recording the steps and the issues persists tr to restart the tracker. For more help this post will guide you through.

Hope this helps and keep me updated how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of the links address how to fix incorrect floor count.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @hennis001, thank you for coming back! I shared with you the possible causes why a tracker may count incorrectly the floors, along with the steps to try a restart to address this issue in addition to the steps to remove the additional floors. Have you tried the last step I mentioned in my post?

1. Find a location where you have 2 flights of stairs in a row. Each flight of stairs should be at least 10 feet tall. 
2. Place your tracker on and check the number of floors before you begin to walk. 
3. Walk up the 2 flights in a row, trying not to stop at any point.
4. Once you reach the top of both flights of stairs, stop to look at the number counted.

Let me know how it goes after the test.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes