Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food logs amounts keep resetting back

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.

When I try to enter the amount number of the food (if it needs to be changed from previous) it keeps resetting back to the previously entered number. Annoying to say the least.
To me, it seems that the app is pulling the info from the cloud and doesn't realize that I'm in the middle of editing the value and keeps resetting it back every second.
It eventually stops and lets me edit it. So every time I have to wait for a moment before the app calms down.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @KrisBendix, nice to see you in the Fitbit Community! I had a conversation about a similar issue with another user and my recommendation was to do the following steps:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

If you want to look the thread I'm referring please go here.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Hi there @KrisBendix, nice to see you in the Fitbit Community! I had a conversation about a similar issue with another user and my recommendation was to do the following steps:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

If you want to look the thread I'm referring please go here.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hi there,

I have the same problem when I want to add e.g. 110 grams of XY instead of 150 grams as I did previously it keeps changing it back to 150 as soon as I select the "grams". Sometimes I have to play the back and forth game 5-8 times. This is really annoying and takes a lot of time.

I've tried the solution but it's still happening.

Best Answer

My best solution is to use Cronometer for food logging and link it to FitBit account. May not work for everybody, but I use FitBit for step counting, Endomundo for cycling, and Cronometer for food logging.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Works for a few entries but when you go back in again later problem has returned. Being as it has been a problem for over 8 months do you think there is any chance of someone actually fixing it?

Best Answer

Yeah... Fitbit is having problems... Another old issue is the app step counting. If I accidentally pause and restart, the app can discard the whole walk session completely. I have learned to be careful, but still. Just like the food logging annoyance, this hasn't been fixed for months or even more.
I already use a different app for food logging now, that is connected to Fitbit. And cycling is done on a different app too. I wonder...

Best Answer

The solution does not work, it appears to work when logging the first couple of items after doing everything suggested, then reverts back to having to input normally 5 or 6 times before it actually logs the correct amount.

If you're not planning on solving this can you just let me know and I won't bother writing again to complain.

Thank you.

Best Answer

I have given up on FitBits food logging. I use Chronometer (it has more detailed nutrient info anyway) and connect it to the Fitbit account. Works as if you logged in to FitBit. Many fitness and food apps can be connected to share info. Just be careful to not connect too many - that can end up posting doubles by looping the info.

Best Answer

I thought the point of fibbit was that it is supposed to be all singing and dancing. If everyone is having to use other apps for food, running, etc. it would appear that fibbit is degenerating to a (inset expletive) expensive pedometer.  Surely it makes more sense to concentrate your efforts on getting all the basics of what you say you offer to work properly across the android systems rather than adding on more bits and pieces with their own added problems. 

Best Answer

I noticed this practice when I started using it - since I was locked out of friends activities only because I hadn't bought their expensive swag. Don't get me wrong - the watches are nice and everything. It just seems that friendliness and community are put after pushing their merch on us.
And then the technical problems, that doesn't seem to get fixed forever...

Best Answer

This bug is not solved!

so please work on it again. you should not ask people to do actions on their phones to solve the problem, the app should do what is necessary on its own.

So annoying, sometimes I have to enter the quantity 7-8 times before it stops refreshing!!!

Best Answer

Roberto - please reply to people. You cannot put problem solved when it isn't. 

Best Answer

Hi there everyone, welcome aboard @Jul666 and  thanks for calling this out @Sara30. I appreciate all the great feedback regarding this feedback where the Food logging section. My apologies for the late response.

I have already compiled your feedback and shared to our teams to investigate further, however I haven't received any new updates regarding this issue.

Also don't get confused with the "Solved" tag, as this doesn't mean the issue was resolved for all the affected users. It means that another member of the Community found the solution in this suggestion and was marked as a solution. As moderators we do not marked our own suggestions as solutions.

In the meantime, we have released several updates to the Fitbit app that are worth to review, these updates contain stability improvements for the Android app and additional features that has been released lately. For more details please refer to this post: Android app version 2.72.1 is now available - 5/24.

@Jul666 I understand your point of view about asking users to perform certain actions in their phones. However note that your phone constantly stored data for every app in the cache for faster loading times and this data sometimes can be outdated and produce certain errors; similar to the this one we are discussing. So clearing the data and resetting the phone will clear this data to avoid any lag in the functionality of the app or any misbehavior that cannot be address with App updates or bug fixes.

If there are news regarding this behavior, I will be visiting this thread.

Best Answer

I've had this problem for ages.  I had been using a much older version of the app, from last year which didn't have this bug, but had to fully update eventually.  Now this issue is more noticeable.  I AM using a Sony XZ which isn't (after at least two long years on release) a supported device although most features work OK.  What I am wondering is, if people are using SUPPORTED devices, are they still having the same problem?  Because then it's definitely an app issue.  Anyone?  Thx.

Best Answer

This isn't a fix for the ongoing problem.

The only way I've got round the issue is if you set up a food entry widget, and enter everything through there.  I've only ever had this issue a very small handful of times when entering food on the widget.

It would be preferable if Fitbit actually fixed the bugs it seems to create on every update.

Best Answer

I am still having this problem. Reported it to Customer Support today when speaking to them about my Charge 3 not syncing. They gave me a Case #, so I'll see if that helps get a fix in the works. It's extremely frustrating, and time-consuming!!

Best Answer

I am also still having this issue. 

In addition to the amounts resetting, when I search for foods it often resets the search while I'm typing, or after it has loaded the search results but before I've selected anything. This results in me having to type search items in 5+ times before I can actually select the item, and then I get to fight the app to enter an amount. Combined with overall lagging/freezing/slowness, it makes for a pretty terrible experience.

Best Answer

I also am seeing this with my Ionic.  Any updates?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Timinboise, since 2017, no.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I clear the cache, won't every thing be wiped out...not just one day?

Best Answer
0 Votes