Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel & Pixel XL compatibility?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got the Pixel XL last week and my charge HR hasn't synced once. I removed it from my device and tried to add it back on, but it won't add. After 30 seconds, it would say, "We found your charge hr!" And 30 seconds later, "TryAgain." I did the troubleshoot by restarting my Fitbit multiple times. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I called support who said to try it on another phone or computer. I don't have another phone, and the computer dongle is lost. Is anyone else having this issue with the Pixel XL?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Hey Google Pixel/Pixel XL users! I'm happy to announce that the Pixel/Pixel XL has been added to our supported devices list. Thanks for your patience while our team tested this out for you all. If you're having any difficulty with syncing or notifications. Please check out our troubleshooting suggestions for each. Let me know if there are any questions. 

Hi everyone -- The Pixel and Pixel XL have all the hardware requirements to be supported devices but are currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added them to the list. If the devices supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try.

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
190 REPLIES 190

Any idea when you'll support the google pixel as a device? I upgraded to it and I can no longer use my phone as a tracking device.

Best Answer

I have also noticed that it doesn't seem to play well with the new Pixel.  Have tried sending notifications to the Charge HR and get nothing.  I have enabled/disabled the tray option, disconnected and reconnect the device.  Haven't tried resetting the HR, yet.

Best Answer

Hello @oggie,

Are you trying to sync through your Pixel or use it through MobileTrack?

@Dropper,

Honestly, I'd be surprised if it didn't work.  However, as of Android 6.0, you'll need to turn on location services, it's a change in the way Android communicates through bluetooth.  There's a post about it here.

If you have location services disabled, you may try turning it on and seeing if it works.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Location services is on and enabled for the fitbit app.

I'm not sure you understood my question though. Here's the scenario:

I've left my fitbit at home or the battery is dead. My old phone (nexus 5x) was listed as a device in the app. So when I was out walking or doing some sort of activity, the fitbit app was able to track that activity with just the phone in my pocket.  No lost steps even though my fitbit wasn't on me.

Now that I've upgraded to the pixel, it doesn't seem to be in the list of supported devices, so now when I have just the phone with me, my activity is no longer being tracked.

Best Answer

Hello @oggie,

I understood the question; I addressed each of you separately.  The feature you are referring to is called MobileTrack (which is precisely what I asked), it allows you to use your phone as a tracker.

The real answer is that MobileTrack is really enabled as a feature in the processor (which basically allows the processor to track movement with the accelerometer using very little power), this is why some phones have it and others don't.

Additionally, I believe that Fitbit explicitly disables this feature on phones where they know doesn't work well.  For instance, they mention the HTC One M8 in that article.  Curiously enough, the newer Nexus models (like the Nexus 9) do not list it as available.

Lastly, MobileTrack in general is treated as one tracker model and you may only have one of each tracker model paired to your account, which means that even if you could pair it, you'd have to remove your Nexus 5x from your account.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer

Sorry. I didn't know about mobiletrack.  I don't think it's referrenced by that in the app.

That is what I was referring to.  It's too bad that it doesn't work on the pixel. Maybe fitbit is testing it....

I did remove the nexus 5x from my account. But now I can't add the pixel.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge HR is working great with my Pixel, it was seemless from my Galaxy S5

Best Answer

@oggie,

I was just reading through my response and it sounded pretty blunt.  Sorry, it's not the way I intended, I was just in a hurry and wanted to get my idea across.

You're right, it's a nice feature that should be enabled wherever possible.  I don't know why it's not enabled.  I'll allow a moderator to chime in.

As for battery life, my experience has been that all trackers will hold at least a day's charge after the low battery notification (provided you sync regularly).  One trick is to charge your tracker while you're in the shower.  If you do this it should hold a charge indefinitely.  Hopefully doing this will minimize the instances where you do need to use MobileTrack.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer

I have also been having issues - mine are with the Alta. When I attempt to sync, it might work once, but oftenttimes I have to plug it in, reset it using the button on the charger, and at least twice I've had to remove the Alta from my devices and re-add it with much difficulty. I can't tell if this is an issue with my Pixel or with the Alta at this stage. Any tips?

Best Answer

Just tried turning Location on in my new Google Pixel and Bluetooth still says "No nearby Bluetooth devices were found" despite the ChargeHR being 6" away from the Pixel.  The ChargeHR syncs just fine using a PC USB Bluetooth dongle.  I synced this Charge HR every day for a year using a SamsungG3 with never a problem (running Android 4.4).

Best Answer

I got the same problem,called customer support sounds like doest's work with pixel so far.  

Best Answer

AH! (sorry) but i'm SO glad you're having this issue too!

I got my Blaze synched for like a day and it's been giving me issues since. It keeps saying Im disconnected (on the phone) from the Pixel XL...

I logged out of the app and the bluetooth, logged in, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. and still doesn't work!

Best Answer
I'm sorry you're having this issue too. I wonder if anyone else is having it?? Fitbit support, help???
Best Answer

I had this exact same message. 

You do need the dongle so you can connect it to the PC/ Lappy to reboot it. The support will often ask you to do this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

so.... if I don't have the dongle, I'm **ahem** out of luck?  Cat Sad

It's such a small piece and I never really used it.  I looked everywhere for it but I can't find it!  *sigh*...

Best Answer

I fixed it temporarily,

Make sure i your fitbit app the ''all-day sync' and 'always connected' are off.

i then reconnected the fitbit to the bluetooth and it worked til i rebooted my phone....

try that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine would not work regardless of what I tried.

Multiple phones, reboots, etc.

They replaced it in the end but unfortunately for me, my replacement, the band is coming apart and they wont replace this one.

Best Answer

After disconnecting the charge HR, it won't let me re-add it back.  =\  

No answers from Fitbit?

Best Answer
When you reboot it does it say the error code or what version? If you have done all that and cant sync still its prob dead and you need conract their troubleshooting.
Best Answer
0 Votes