Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel & Pixel XL compatibility?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got the Pixel XL last week and my charge HR hasn't synced once. I removed it from my device and tried to add it back on, but it won't add. After 30 seconds, it would say, "We found your charge hr!" And 30 seconds later, "TryAgain." I did the troubleshoot by restarting my Fitbit multiple times. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I called support who said to try it on another phone or computer. I don't have another phone, and the computer dongle is lost. Is anyone else having this issue with the Pixel XL?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
190 REPLIES 190

I gave up on this a long, long time ago. It's a shame, but if the product doesn't work, the product doesn't work. I will not be buying another Fitbit product for the foreseeable future. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In considering buying the fit bit Alta I have the original Google pixel would my phone work with the Fitbit Alta

Best Answer
0 Votes
Pixel is on the compatibility list if you check it.
Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's on the list, but syncing does not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Talk to Fitbit.
Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did. They sent a replacement. Same results.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mpierce and @Ziegejunge.

At this moment the Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are supported phones and thus they should work. My recommendation in this case would be to try running the troubleshooting steps listed in this help article. They should definitely help out in getting the phones to sync with your Fitbits.

If they do not work, or you have any further questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done the trouble shooting and spoke to Fitbit technicians.  I've had replacements sent to me and nothing works to sync the Fitbit with Google XL except for restarting the Google XL Everytime I want to sync them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mpierce.

Thanks for giving those steps a shot.

In that case I'd like to ask you some questions:

• What Android version are you running? 
  • Do you get some sort of error message? 
  • Do you have notifications set up? If so, do they come through?

Look forward to your reply. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am running version 9. I do not receive any error messages.  Notifications are turned on.  I am not notified when my phone receives a text or phone call even though I have that feature turned on.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mpierce.

This is happening because of an issue with Android 9. Our team is aware of this happening and at the moment it is being looked into. As soon as we have any news on the matter we'll be sure to let everyone know. You can click here to see the threat talking about this thread.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes