Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel & Pixel XL compatibility?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got the Pixel XL last week and my charge HR hasn't synced once. I removed it from my device and tried to add it back on, but it won't add. After 30 seconds, it would say, "We found your charge hr!" And 30 seconds later, "TryAgain." I did the troubleshoot by restarting my Fitbit multiple times. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I called support who said to try it on another phone or computer. I don't have another phone, and the computer dongle is lost. Is anyone else having this issue with the Pixel XL?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
190 REPLIES 190
Thanks for letting me vent. I truly enjoyed my Fitbit and was looking
forward to using it again. It's just not worth the trouble when I have
something else that works.
Best Answer

I have the Google Pixel XL and have had difficulty all along getting text notifications -- it would work sometime, and sometimes not.  Over the last few months it has been great, then all of a sudden, about a week ago, it has stopped working again.  I have tried resetting my fitbit Alta (plugging it into the charger and holding the button 3 times) and still nothing.  So frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have to and have my Fitbit to my niece. She has a Galaxy note 5. It works
for her.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear that the only suggestion I can give you is to delete the app the fit bit app that is completely from the Google pixel do a power cycle on the Google pixel and then try to reestablish connection and see what happens I know that they officially fitbit that is have posted that they do now support the pixel however, I myself have been having some minor issues with things such as connection accurate readings etc. so apparently it seems as if though they haven't completely made it compatible I'm kind of not surprised unfortunately.

P.A.S
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know it's been a few months since you posted this but I found your post while doing a Google search about the same issue. I wanted to share the solution I found in case anyone stumbles across your post while doing a similar search or in case you are still having the issue. After following all the recommended steps from Fitbit support to no avail I did two things. First, I enabled developer options by going to "About Phone" in settings and tapping the build number 8 times. Go into developer options, scroll to networking and then change Bluetooth AVRCP version to 1.6. Then I found the "Delete network settings" option under factory reset. Once I deleted the network settings (which unfortunately will delete all paired devices as well as saved WiFi networks but is better than doing a factory reset) it paired just fine. Hope that helps anyone who is still having issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
PhillipM,
Thanks for your reply however the pixel and Pixel XL is now fully supported by Fitbit, update came out about a month ago and is now officially compatible with Fitbit 2.
There might still be a few hiccups here and there but for the most part it seems to be pretty well compatible.
Not sure why fit bit took so long to partake in the Pixel knowing that it's a flagship phone but nonetheless they have finally done so.

P.A.S
Best Answer
0 Votes
PhillipM,
Thanks for your reply however the pixel and Pixel XL is now fully supported by Fitbit, update came out about a month ago and is now officially compatible with Fitbit 2.
There might still be a few hiccups here and there but for the most part it seems to be pretty well compatible.
Not sure why fit bit took so long to partake in the Pixel knowing that it's a flagship phone but nonetheless they have finally done so.

P.A.S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Be that as it may, mine wasn't working as of yesterday until I went through the steps that I
described in my post even though I went through the recommended steps put
out by Fitbit. I'm not sure if it is because I'm on the beta version of
Android O or not, but again fully supported or not, it wasn't working on
my Pixel XL until I changed developer options and reset my network settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just have my Fitbit away and used another devise that paired up as
advertised.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good to know and thanks for sharing the info. Have a good one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good to know and thanks for sharing the info. Have a good one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still finding that I have to reboot my phone multiple times a day in order for my Pixel XL to find my tracker.  Once I reboot it is fine for a while but today, for example, I rebooted at noon-ish and just had to reboot again now in order to sync.  Starting to get pretty frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this update coming along? I still do not see Google Pixel in the list of compatible devices within my Verizon network but I still want the new Ionic.  PLEASE HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I still have to reboot my phone (Pixel XL) in order for my Flex 2 to synch
every day. Have tried uninstalling/reinstalling app, etc. October 24, 2017.
-S
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have switched to the blaze and don't seem to have the sync problems I had
with Alta hr.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just recently switched from the Alta to the Ionic with the Pixel XL.  I finally had to problems with the Alta, but needed the Ionic 🙂

Syncing is hit or miss with the Ionic -- it can take a very long time.  Sometimes I have to turn off the Bluetooth and turn it back on... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I switched to the Samsung gear. It works great with my Google Pixel XL
Best Answer
0 Votes
Abandon your FitBit. The coding is bad.
Best Answer

Does this include the new Pixel 2/Pixel 2XL? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still won't work with Pixel 2. Do I need to uninstall anything? 

I mustn't lose my challenge 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes