Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel & Pixel XL compatibility?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got the Pixel XL last week and my charge HR hasn't synced once. I removed it from my device and tried to add it back on, but it won't add. After 30 seconds, it would say, "We found your charge hr!" And 30 seconds later, "TryAgain." I did the troubleshoot by restarting my Fitbit multiple times. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I called support who said to try it on another phone or computer. I don't have another phone, and the computer dongle is lost. Is anyone else having this issue with the Pixel XL?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
190 REPLIES 190

I really wish I would have seen this thread before I hit send to order my Fitbit after getting it last night and trying to set it up finding this issue I guess I'm returning the $200 worth of stuff that I purchased... Disappointed as I really utilize my Fitbit for text messaging and music as much as my steps and programs for workouts.. without a device that syncs to my music there's no point in owning a Fitbit

Best Answer

Rwhite48,

Sorry to here this, I'm so upset as well knowing people (Consumer)are still not aware of the issues with these Fitbit devices and Android as far as working compatibility. Fitbit makes no effort to properly inform the buyer..a simple notation on the package itself of known working devices or perhaps a full header on there website informing what devices are truly compatible would be more than helpful but wait, that would only significantly reduce sales. Look I'm just glad you found out in a short amount of time to get you a refund. Good luck and stay healthy. 

Best Answer

Have you made any progress on the Pixel XL situation? I recently bought the Surge and just found out it isnt compatible. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not understanding how some people are saying Fit Bit syncing with Pixel XL. I downloaded the app, verified Blue Tooth, verified notifications. Nothing. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
You need to reboot the phone regularly or sync will stop working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently got a Google Pixel XL -- about two weeks ago -- and have have only been able to successfully sync my Fitbit Flex 2 with it two or three times. Each time I had to restart my phone to achieve this, which is not desirable. 

For the past few days, however, even the restart doesn't work. Today the Fitbit app prompted a firmware update, but it keeps failing. I believe I'm currently on my fourth or fifth attempt with no luck yet. I don't have the time today to keep messing with it. 

I've been appreciating my Fitbit since February, and this is very frustrating. 

Best Answer

This did not help. So let me make sure I understand... Fitbit has no immediate plans to be compatible with pixel. Therefore, I should just go back to using the old discontinued Samsung gear that had no trouble pairing with the new pixel XL? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Last security update on the Pixel came through and the Blaze won't work at
all with it now. Done with FitBit.
Best Answer

Same problem. Since the last Android security update my Charge 2 won't connect with my Pixel XL anymore. Tried a lot of different things, but just can't get it to sync.

Very frustrating.

Best Answer

Agree. Frustrating and disappointing. I really miss receiving text messages
and phone call alerts on my fit bit.

--
Jayne 

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would go back to that if I were you as I said before fit bit has no updates since 2013 for the pixel XL or pixel android phones not to mention the many other android device phones that the Fitbit products are not compatible with as I said before as well, it appears fit bit only caters to Apple products iPhone to be exact.

P.A.S
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not only do I feel you but I hear you loud and clear it's a sad situation the fit bit is truly a good product I just wish the developers would focus more time on android devices and not so much just Apple.

P.A.S
Best Answer
0 Votes
Believe me I've tried everything under the sun, stars and moon to make it work to no avail.

P.A.S
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes unfortunately it seems to me that for android devices we should be using android smart watches fit bit is somewhat of a hit or miss, and to me as a consumer that is just unacceptable especially since these devices are not cheap.

P.A.S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Hey Google Pixel/Pixel XL users! I'm happy to announce that the Pixel/Pixel XL has been added to our supported devices list. Thanks for your patience while our team tested this out for you all. If you're having any difficulty with syncing or notifications. Please check out our troubleshooting suggestions for each. Let me know if there are any questions. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
All I can say is either you listened to the thousands of people that complained for so long and you finally wised up or it could be perhaps because you need the money due to the following (Engadget) "Immersion is suing Fitbit in China and the US for allegedly violating multiple patents (three in each country) for haptic feedback. Supposedly, devices ranging from the original Flex to the Blaze all borrow Immersion's approach to vibrating a device in response to commands and for alerts. Fitbit rebuffed "numerous attempts" to strike a licensing deal, Immersion claims, so this is considered a last resort." In my personal opinion,either way what goes around comes around I'm just glad you guys finally are supporting a very popular not to mention a high-end flagship device only makes sense that should've been done along time ago perhaps lesson learned.
Thanks for finally supporting my Google pixel I will shortly test out the device myself along with the Surge2 to see if in fact it works flawlessly hoping for the best thanks again.

P.A.S
Best Answer
0 Votes
My charge still will not connect. The error message says the charge refuses
pairing. It's doesn't matter now. I'm going back to my old discontinued
device. It says it works with Android devices and surprise! It does work.
Maybe Fitbit should stop saying they work with Android devices. Isn't that
false advertising? Or are they just using alternative facts.
Best Answer
0 Votes
ds79705,
So sorry to hear, I haven't had time to try and connect my fit bit charge 2 with my Pixel I'm still working however as soon as I get home I'm going to test it out like I said I'll believe it when I see it due to the lack and trustworthiness of Fitbit statements when it comes to android. I will say this much from what you're telling me I am not surprised one bit if it just so happens that the Pixel is still not working with Fitbit devices but like I said I'm willing to give it a try and hope for the best sorry for your troubles. Dammit fit bit I hope you don't disappoint me yet again......

P.A.S
Best Answer
0 Votes

For those of you that own a Google Pixel or Pixel XL the following is what fit bit claims will work with these devices. This information can be found on their compatible device webpage.  Apparently news just broke that they now support the Google Pixel , I haven't had time to try my Pixel with my Charge2 but will be doing so shortly.
Features compatible withGoogle Pixel
MobileRun®

Enhance runs, walks and hikes by using the Fitbit app on your smartphone to track pace, time and distance. You can also control your music and use voice cues to stay in command.
Exercise Calendar

Logged workouts will pop up in your exercise calendar so you can look back on what you’ve accomplished, and use data & trends to make progress toward your goal.
Earn Badges

Whenever you hit a milestone or crush a goal, you’ll receive badges to share and keep you motivated to earn more.
Track Exercise

Use your Fitbit tracker to record workouts or log them in the app, then see all your exercise stats, their impact on your overall day, and how your performance is improving.
Exercise Sharing

Use the Fitbit app to share a view or a selfie once you’ve reached the peak of your workout. Your pic and stats can be sent to friends and followers on any social channel, or through email and text.
All-Day Activity

View progress towards your daily goals for steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes, and see your trends over time.
Sleep Goals & Tools

Use a Fitbit tracker to record your sleep at night. Then, use the sleep tools in the app to set a weekly sleep goal, create bedtime reminders and wake targets, and review your sleep trends over time.
Log Food

Keep your calorie intake in check and get nutritional insights by logging meals with the barcode scanner, quick calorie estimator and meal shortcuts.
MobileTrack

If you want to track your activity but don’t have a Fitbit tracker, you can use your smartphone to record basic stats like steps, distance and calories burned.
Multi-Tracker Support

Connect multiple trackers to one account and the Fitbit app will automatically detect when you switch between them. So you can wear Fitbit Surge during workouts and use Fitbit One to discreetly track your day.
Stay Connected

Use Facebook and email to find and connect with Fitbit friends so you can send motivational messages, share stats and cheer each other on.
Measure Hydration

Regularly log your water intake and, before workouts or throughout the day, check the app to see if you’re properly hydrated.
Connected GPS

Connect Fitbit Blaze with the GPS on your smartphone to see stats like pace, distance and time on display, and to map your routes during runs and rides.
Challenge Friends & Family

Stay encouraged to move more by using your steps to climb the leaderboard, or compete with friends and family in Fitbit Challenges.
Reach Weight Goals

Work toward your ideal weight by choosing a goal like Lose, Gain or Maintain, and get Calorie Coaching on your calories in vs. out.
Goal Notifications

Notifications will pop up on your smartphone to give you a gentle push in the right direction and keep you moving towards your goal.
Call & Text Notifications

See call and text notifications pop up on your tracker’s display when your phone is nearby.
Calendar Alerts

See calendar alerts appear on your tracker’s display when your phone is nearby.
Music Control

Adjust your volume and play, pause or switch songs from your smartphone with a simple tap.

P.A.S

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, I've managed to get my Charge 2 to work with my Pixel XL again. 

1) Definitely make sure that you're using the latest version of the Fitbit app (check it yourself in the Google Play Store, make sure there are no pending updates)

2) Ditch the Charge 2 setup from the Fitbit app. Make sure it isn't listed anymore in the app.

3) Reboot your phone in preparation. 

4) Connect your Charge 2 to the charger.

5) Boot up the Fitbit app and try to make a connection with the Charge 2

6) Whilst your Charge 2 is in the charger, press and hold down the button on the Charge 2

7) Keep holding it down, and your Charge 2 will reboot and show you its version number.

😎 It should now connect.

This was what worked for me. It might work for other Fitbit devices as well 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes