Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel & Pixel XL compatibility?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got the Pixel XL last week and my charge HR hasn't synced once. I removed it from my device and tried to add it back on, but it won't add. After 30 seconds, it would say, "We found your charge hr!" And 30 seconds later, "TryAgain." I did the troubleshoot by restarting my Fitbit multiple times. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I called support who said to try it on another phone or computer. I don't have another phone, and the computer dongle is lost. Is anyone else having this issue with the Pixel XL?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
190 REPLIES 190
I just have a Pixel XK
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you asking about the syncing issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up. I have the Fitbit away. It wasn't worth the time or trouble. I
love my Samsung Gear
Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue is far from 'Solved'.  The only way i am able to get my device (Pixel 2) to sync is to reboot my phone, and then a few minutes to a few hours after I reboot it will finally sync.  Not to mention the gps assisted feature on my charge 2 is completely useless now.  The only way I can record accurate runs with GPS is to initiate the activity from the fitbit app itself and not start it from the charge 2.  This really started for me when I upgraded my old Nexus 5x to Android 8.0 (Oreo).  

Best Answer
0 Votes
yes, for pixel 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Blaze seem to be having issues with connecting to Pixel XL2 when will this be fixed from your end? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
As far as I know, it was never fixed for the XL
Best Answer
0 Votes

Will this ever be fixed? Google pixel is becoming one of the better Android phones in the market? Choice is 1400 phone or 250 Fit bit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any way to re-open this?  Google Pixel/Pixel XL Compatibility has not been incorporated into the android app code.   I cannot setup the mobile track feature on my Pixel.

Fitbit Vera SE
Best Answer

My husband just got me a Fitbit but we didn't think to see if my phone was compatible. Will the Google Pixel XL2 be added soon? Otherwise I need to return so please let me know asap. Thank you...

Best Answer

Hey, everyone!I know many of you are wondering if the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are supported. Currently, they are not on our list of supported devicesThis means that our Android team has not yet fully tested them for compatibility and added them to the official list. If this changes, the list will be updated to reflect compatibility. At this time, I don't have a timeline for when it will be added. I hope this provides some clarity for the time being! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Hey, everyone!I know many of you are wondering if the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are supported. Currently, they are not on our list of supported devicesThis means that our Android team has not yet tested them for compatibility and added them to the official list. If this changes, the list will be updated to reflect compatibility. At this time, I don't have a timeline for if/when it will be added. I hope this provides some clarity for the time being! 

That's unfortunate.  I just got a Pixel 2 and I have a Charge 2 arriving today.  Looks like I'll have to return the Charge 2... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just my 2 cents in making my ionic work with pixel 2 xl seamless is to ensure your Fitbit device isn't connected accidentally to another device , older phone etc.. , if so disconnect / turn off Bluetooth on the other device and try connecting again using your Pixel 2 XL device or any Android device .

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for that. I'll try it to see but the Pixel 2 XL isn't listed as
one of their devices that it's compatible with. 😕
Best Answer

Hi Erick,

Pixel XL Fitbit app still not showing animations when all goals reached and syncing, so I'm not sure it's fully supported yet.  Tried with other devices, troubleshooted with support, no solution reached at present. 

Wondering if any other Pixel or Pixel XL users experiencing this.  Any actually received the animation when reaching all goals?  

Nick

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got a Pixel and I can only ever sync my Flex with the PC.  The Pixel has never worked and continues not to work.

Best Answer
I did finally actually get my to sync and I'm getting my phone
notifications on my phone! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on Fitbit compatibility with Google pixel xl 2 for the Flyer and Ionic???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry all but in all honestly I no longer have the google Pixel, I have given it to my son who loves Android. I on the other hand to make my life easier have gone back to the iPhone and as well now using the Apple Watch. I am not sure why this was such a hard issue for android users including myself to pair with these devices and if it did there was still random issues? I tried my best to be content with the issues on my Pixel but found it more and more of a pain.I am in no way taking sides on what mobile device is better, I just want to know that when I’m ready to do my run I can do it with no issues and not have to deal with updates that may and may not have made things better. Please all that are having issues with pairing, I truly hope your fix comes soon as for me I’m truly sorry but I have moved on. I wish you all best of health and good spirit! 

Best Answer

This is not fixed! The only way to sync is to restart phone. And that is short-lived, as it only stays connected for 5 mins MAX!

Best Answer
0 Votes