Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel & Pixel XL compatibility?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got the Pixel XL last week and my charge HR hasn't synced once. I removed it from my device and tried to add it back on, but it won't add. After 30 seconds, it would say, "We found your charge hr!" And 30 seconds later, "TryAgain." I did the troubleshoot by restarting my Fitbit multiple times. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I called support who said to try it on another phone or computer. I don't have another phone, and the computer dongle is lost. Is anyone else having this issue with the Pixel XL?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
190 REPLIES 190

Alta HR was my first and last fitbit ever.  No support for use with my Google Pixel, many, many people asking for months, too bad fitbit, time to short some stock...

Best Answer

My Pixel syncs just fine, however I want it to be able to receive text messages as well. When will this be fixed? I had a Windows phone before and it was never able to sync so I finally got an Android thinking that it would naturally sync up. Why does it take you guys so long to make this technology work? I think you need to get new nerds.

Best Answer

no issues for me getting text notifications on my alta hr via the pixe xl fwiw

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine receives texts just fine. My wife was blowing it up today with them.
Had to actually turn the notifications off.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so glad to hear it. Now, can you tell me the secret settings to make that occur. Bluetooth - ON, Blaze - PAIRED, Blaze (Classic) - use for Input device - check. Notifications are NOT blocked. What am I missing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would start completely from the beginning. Delete the app and any
folders. Make sure there's no other fitbit nearby. Reboot your bIaze... I
have the charge 2 so that may be the difference
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Hey Google Pixel/Pixel XL users! I'm happy to announce that the Pixel/Pixel XL has been added to our supported devices list. Thanks for your patience while our team tested this out for you all. If you're having any difficulty with syncing or notifications. Please check out our troubleshooting suggestions for each. Let me know if there are any questions. 

Hi everyone -- The Pixel and Pixel XL have all the hardware requirements to be supported devices but are currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added them to the list. If the devices supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try.

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
That is ridiculous to recommend. How about properly funding the Dev teams!
Best Answer

I've moved on, Fitbit will have to catch up but not in time for me!  Customers need service, not self service options that obviate the value of your platform, keep up or lose customers.

Best Answer

ErickFitbit,

We know that it's not supported.  This is what we've been trying to do for the past 7 months. 

Would it be possible to grab an employee with one and test?

The pixel 2 will probably​ be announced in less than 5 months. 

You also have the Galaxy S8 to certify. 

Fitbit Vera SE
Best Answer

Wow, seriously? so happy I found this thread just before I clicked buy. I had the Alta HR in my basket too. There's no way I can believe that Fitbit hasn't got this working with the Pixel yet. One of the most popular phones on the planet. They must be too busy catering to their much more important Apple customers, who tend to cry louder. Then we have this guy, ErikPhukbit, that says we should just buy a new phone because our current new phone doesn't work with fitbit?? And that's our fault? I'm astounded by this lack of ethics and customer support. Goodbye Fitbit and hello some other brand.... Pretty sure the Samsung Gear is compatible with the Pixel and the Samsung Health app (available for the Pixel) works great. I use it to track my blood sugar numbers.. something that the fitbit software doesn't even do.

Best Answer

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

I've had a Pixel XL since it launched last year, and I've had my Fitbit Charge 2 since December last year. The Fitbit Charge 2 has always worked perfectly fine with my Pixel XL - never had any problems with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you restore your pixel XL from a Nexus device?

Fitbit Vera SE
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesdogman,

When you setup your pixel XL, did you restore your apps from a Nexus device or older supported Android phone?

Fitbit Vera SE
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I did, although at that time I didn't have the Fitbit app yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently went back to Fitbit after trying other trac

@oggie wrote:

Any idea when you'll support the google pixel as a device? I upgraded to it and I can no longer use my phone as a tracking device.

kers. However, it doesn't seem to be compatible with my Pixel phone. Can you tell me if you'll be making these compatible soon? If not, I'll be switching back to previous device. 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any plans for the Pixle to be an accepted device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Such a shame that "Pixel and Pixel XL have all the hardware requirements to be supported" but there not? I've had to choose from either the Pixel or Fitbit...hmmm? I've given the Fitbit away and stayed with my Pixel; as for issue resolve simply went with alternative Fitness watch that is supported, the Fitbit development team left me no choice. Dam shame to I liked the Fitbit....oh well. Hope this helps anyone else with a Pixel till this development team decides to actually support it there is no fix between the Pixel and a Fitbit 2 device until further notice......:-(

Best Answer

Fitbit would help us if they could link all the threads for different incompatibile Android phones, as that's everything except the Samsung S6 or S7. They are advertising these trackers as Android compatible when they're nothing of the sort. Check out this thread too:

There are identical threads for pretty much every new phone, except that in the case of some models it's over a year with no progress despite the reassurances that the engineers are working hard to fix this. Check out this thread too: 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Compatible-Android-Device-List-No-Changes-Since-15-03-20...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Katebob66,

There was someone that stated in this topic with Pixel and Fitbit devices the best, and that is the Development and Engineering Team seem to cater to "Apple" devices more than any others...it's as plain as day and night they haven't focused on any other devices or fixes since 2015! Typical company ethics, take as much $$ how you can when you can, as for the consumer,...WHO CARES. So sad but by there actions "Fitbit" show this and I can honestly say my thoughts seem to be correct. IF IM WRONG PROVE ME WRONG FITBIT! 

Sincerely completely dissatisfied consumer.

PS: I'm sure Apple owners would strongly disagree....of course since there Fitbits WORK and the very, very few other users that do have an Android device that by some miracle work.

Best Answer