Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel & Pixel XL compatibility?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got the Pixel XL last week and my charge HR hasn't synced once. I removed it from my device and tried to add it back on, but it won't add. After 30 seconds, it would say, "We found your charge hr!" And 30 seconds later, "TryAgain." I did the troubleshoot by restarting my Fitbit multiple times. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I called support who said to try it on another phone or computer. I don't have another phone, and the computer dongle is lost. Is anyone else having this issue with the Pixel XL?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
190 REPLIES 190

@RockyChowdah wrote:

For the folks that aren't having issues- does your bluetooth work with other devices after you've synced?  That's my issue- I can get it to sync, but that process seems to "break" bluetooth with pairing with any other devices after I do so.

I have no issues whatsoever. Syncing, Bluetooth or notifications. To anyone having issues a factory reset of your phone "usually" fixes most issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not been able to sync since I got my Pixel XL last week.  I have emailed FitBit support asking for their attention to this matter, I recommend others keep sending in requests to escalate their priorities.

Best Answer

I have the FitBit One and it was tracking fine until tonight. All of a sudden the app can't find the One. I guess I'll just hope that tomorrow it will go back to working as it has been. I hope that FitBit will quickly support the Pixel XL, otherwise I will be out one tracker, and I won't be buying another. Due to my work, the One is the best choice for me.

Best Answer
My fitbit charge II now works with my pixel. All the features work. In Dec
it wouldn't.
Best Answer

@Jnicecat I'm glad to here that you Pixel is supported, if not officially, sorry about the sync problem. Have you restarted your One and Phone yet? You might also need to shutdown the phone 

Best Answer

Thanks, Rich, I hadn't tried that. I had to restart both devices and that worked! I appreciate your assistance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates when Google Pixel will be officially supported device? Would be nice to be able to use the Notifications feature.

Best Answer

I'm puzzled - why would Pixel not be supported? I have a Pixel and have been using the Charge 2 for ~2+ weeks now and have not experienced any issues. There also shouldn't be any difference between Pixel vs. Pixel XL.  

Best Answer

Surprised to see that Pixel and Pixel XL are not supported yet. It's been 7 months the phones are released.

I own a Pixel XL and I'm waiting for the confirmation on official support to buy a Fitbit Charge 2

Thanks,

Vinodh

Best Answer

I have had a pixel xl since they were released and my alta works fine with the android app on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seeing many posts who were able to sync with pixel successfully, I went ahead and bought a Charge 2 and it syncs with my Pixel XL just fine.

The notifications sometimes are either delayed or won't show up (just vibrates). As suggested by the Fitbit app, I enabled the Notification drawer. Lets see.

Fitbit needs to certify the phone.

Best Answer

Having first posted this concern, it appears that there have been recent system updates and the Charge 2 now links to Pixel XL.  Still a mighty fine phone. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone! As I have mentioned in first post here, the Google Piel XL is not yet a compatible device with Fitbit. Stay tuned on our Fitbit Supported Devices in a later date to see if it was added.

I appreciate your patience and understanding with this! Keep in mind that in the meantime you guys can still sync your tracker with any other compatible device. 

Have a great day!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously?  I am so ready to upgrade my fitbit Charge HR and cannot do it. Would love to do the Charge 2, with changeable bands, but some of the primary features are not compatible with my PIxel. I have been waiting for you to catch-up, but since you have not, I have to look elsewhere for ma new tracking device. Sorry fitbit, after all these years, I guess it's time to move on without you. 

Best Answer

ALL the features are working?!! Text, calendar and call notifications? Multi-sport tracking?? GPS?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @KitKatD! I totally understand where your concern is coming from, but as I've mentioned in this post, the Google Pixel is not a supported device yet. However, you can sync your Charge HR or the new Fitbit with any of the devices listed here and vote for the feature suggestion I share in my post

Let me know if I can assist you with something else in the meantime!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand these posts that "Pixel" is not supported. I have a Pixel and I am using the Charge 2 without any issues. The only thing I don't have enabled is notifications (since I don't need this), but so far everything has worked flawlessly. The Pixel XL is the EXACT same phone, except for the larger screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I can confirm that the device works just fine. I don't have notifications enabled, but EVERYTHING else works as expected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What these posts mean is, Pixel or Pixel XL is not listed as a supported device by Fitbit. Which means any issues with sync may not be taken up by Fitbit.

That said, my Pixel XL is able to sync fine without any issues.

Thanks,

Vinodh

Best Answer

But is there hope for the google pixel? Waiting 

Best Answer
0 Votes