Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel & Pixel XL compatibility?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got the Pixel XL last week and my charge HR hasn't synced once. I removed it from my device and tried to add it back on, but it won't add. After 30 seconds, it would say, "We found your charge hr!" And 30 seconds later, "TryAgain." I did the troubleshoot by restarting my Fitbit multiple times. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I called support who said to try it on another phone or computer. I don't have another phone, and the computer dongle is lost. Is anyone else having this issue with the Pixel XL?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
190 REPLIES 190

Hello codyheeter,

I have successfully synced my Charge HR via my Google Pixel every day for the past 2.5 months.  I can't say one way or the other about the Charge HR 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will google pixel be a recognized device for receiving notifications, tech support did not know?

Best Answer

I was just about to order a Fitbit Charge 2 and stumbled on this thread. Glad I did. I have a new Pixel phone, and will now look at other options.  I'm not sure what is more puzzling, the fact that Fitbit has not yet added Pixel as a supported device, or the lack of proactive information coming from Fitbit since this thread was started (despite the positive comments from the moderator). 

Best Answer

My Pixel was working with my Blaze, but every FitBit app update broke the sync. The last app update broke the bluetooth sync permanently. I contacted FitBit support and they told me the solution was to get a new phone! Seriously? The Pixel is the cleanest version of Android and FitBit doesn't have development cycles to support the Pixel? I'm done with you FitBit. I'll get a device that actually works consistently with my phone.

Best Answer

Wife has a Pixel and I have a Moto Z, both are running Nougat.

It's very sad that Fitbit after all this time cannot add flagship devices to their compatibility lists. Moto Z and Pixel released several months ago. Nothing but trouble with my Fibit Blaze and Moto Z.

Does the company not realise that the software will make or break them. If it doesn't work people will walk. All resources should be put into fixing the application and adding new phones to the compatible list.

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue with my Nexus 6p which is also by Google.

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit One, Pixel XL, and a MacBook. The fitbit is generally great but the software is terrible. Mac syncing fails regularly, forcing me to unplug and replug the USB adapter, or even reboot my Mac. Pixel support is non existent which for Google's flagship Android phone is pathetic. As neither works, my Fitbit doesn't sync properly. It's ridiculous. It should just work, without my involvement at all. My opinion of fitbit is unfortunately going down and down due to their poor software.

Best Answer

Don't do it!  Fitbit has been saying for months that this is 'in development' with no other updates then that.  If you own a Pixel do not waste your money on a Charge2.  The only support fitbit will give you is that they will send you a dongle so you can sync to a PC which defeats 1/2 the purpose of the app. 

Best Answer

Fitbit,

It's been 5 months now.  Is this even on your feature request list? It's really alarming that Google's flagship phone is not getting any TLC. 

Fitbit Vera SE
Best Answer

Bump.  Pixel people raise your hands and get this fixed!

Best Answer

Not holding my breath on this.... it's been 4.5 months on Google's flagship phone that the tech world has equated to iPhones and Galaxies.  Still absolutely no word from Fitbit.  Frankly, as a customer since early 2013, I'm really disappointed.  I'm not making many waves on the forum, but trust me, in person, anyone that has a fitbit is hearing from me.  Everyone's expressed weariness about the future of Fitbit if they can't even figure out how to work with Google's phones.

Best Answer

This is quite ridiculous. Not even as an avid user, I would assume that 6 months after a phones release, an app would already have been altered/developed to associate with it. I mean if this was an iPhone I'm sure there wouldn't be this coincidental nuisance. 

Best Answer

As a mininum they should be supporting flagship devices. So many popular devices not supported.

Moto Z

LG G4/G5

Google Pixel

Sony Z4/Z5/XZ

HTC 10

OnePlus2/3/3T

There is no excuse, feeling pretty disgusted. 

Best Answer

Yes please update this ASAP Fitbit. I own a Charge 2 that doesn't work with my brand new Pixel!

I'm in the market for a new GPS smartwatch, this experience is probably gonna sway me to another brand that just works.

Best Answer

I think one issue is Fitbit app doesn't adequately support nougat devices. So many issues with my Moto Z and sync/notifications,etc.

Fired up my LG G4 (also not on the compatibility list) and it works flawlessly.

Both run similar bluetooth hardware revision, one major difference is the G4 runs Marshmallow and the Moto Z runs Nougat. 

The app probably needs some work to optimise reliability on Nougat.

Best Answer

Fitbit app works perfectly with my charge 2 and pixel, Never had an issue. 

Best Answer

@Bertiespeed wrote:

Fitbit app works perfectly with my charge 2 and pixel, Never had an issue. 

Maybe issues only occur with Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, I own a Charge 2 and a Pixel XL and have zero issues with them. They sync fine, haven't noticed anything unusual.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Our Android team is always working hard to test and add more devices to our current list of supported devices. In the meantime, I recommend checking out my tips for syncing here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

For the folks that aren't having issues- does your bluetooth work with other devices after you've synced?  That's my issue- I can get it to sync, but that process seems to "break" bluetooth with pairing with any other devices after I do so.

Best Answer
0 Votes